Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member

Orphia wrote: »

I'm starting to be AF AF!

Hahahahahaha! Good one.

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,542 Member
    I've been sober for 6 months now. I need to join this to keep in check. Anyone who wants to be friends me for mutual support, please do!

Welcome @MrSunshinez. And congrats on 6 months sober. Join in anytime. If you have time check out page one on this thread. It is packed with helpful resources to help us all on this journey.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,543 Member
    Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 - AF
    Dec 04 - AF
    Dec 05 - 2 drinks. Can't lie, it was lovely. No regrets. Still within my calorie range today.
    Dec 06 - AF
    Dec 07 - 3 drinks, so AF 4 days out of 7. I was shooting for 4 or 5, but was counting Sunday to Saturday. I am up a whole pound this morning, so it is obvious that drinks should be avoided often.
    Dec 08 - 1 glass of wine, 2 mixed drinks.
    Dec 09 - 1 glass of champagne, 2 mixed drinks. I don't normally have drinks on Sundays, so if I want to go 4 or 5 AF this week the workdays will have to be AF. Way under calories for today even with the drinks.
    Dec 10 - AF
    Dec 11 - AF
    Dec 12 -
    Dec 13 -
    Dec 14 -
    Dec 15 -
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 - AF
    Dec 04 - AF
    Dec 05 - 2 drinks. Can't lie, it was lovely. No regrets. Still within my calorie range today.
    Dec 06 - AF
    Dec 07 - 3 drinks, so AF 4 days out of 7. I was shooting for 4 or 5, but was counting Sunday to Saturday. I am up a whole pound this morning, so it is obvious that drinks should be avoided often.
    Dec 09 - 1 glass of champagne, 2 mixed drinks. I don't normally have drinks on Sundays, so if I want to go 4 or 5 AF this week the workdays will have to be AF. Way under calories for today even with the drinks.
    Dec 10 - AF
    Dec 11 - AF
    Dec 12 - Cocktails. I obviously didn't make it through the week AF. Six AF days in 12 days. Not what I was shooting for. I will just have to try harder.
    Dec 13 -
    Dec 14 -
    Dec 15 -
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Actually, yesterday, we have a workplace Xmas raffle, and I donated a nice bottle of alcohol-removed bubbly.

Thought I'd donate something that helped me get past my daily alcohol phase.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    What kind was it? Curious about alcohol removed drinks that taste good!
    Actually, yesterday, we have a workplace Xmas raffle, and I donated a nice bottle of alcohol-removed bubbly.

• Orphia
    What kind was it? Curious about alcohol removed drinks that taste good!

https://edenvale.com.au/products/alcoholfreewine/sparkling-cuvee/

Edenvale Sparkling Cuvee.

Not sure you'd have it there in the USA.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 - AF
    Dec 04 - AF
    Dec 06 - AF
    Dec 10 - AF
    Dec 11 - AF
    Dec 12 - Cocktails. I obviously didn't make it through the week AF. Six AF days in 12 days. Not what I was shooting for. I will just have to try harder.
    Dec 13 - AF
    Dec 14 -
    Dec 15 -
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • Orphia
    On Nov 17 I started a thread in one of my haunts with what I wrote on my blog about Less Alcohol, and since then, three of the posters have said they're doing something about drinking less now.

You guys can share in the good feeling that's given me, since you helped me learn how to do it.
  • Orphia
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    Last night, I was visiting with my daughter who is in her 2nd month of AA. I am thanking God that she is trying to clean up her act and get herself together because she had a real problem. She told me she had been struggling with her sobriety. She was out and about and kept thinking of a bottle of wine she knew was at her home. Her old rebellious self wanted to just go home, turn on a movie and drink the bottle... but this is what stopped her.

She has been listening to a podcast for sober living and the advice was "Follow the Drink". Meaning that she sat and thought about how she would feel after she had done this... and she realized that all her plans for the rest of the day would have canceled because she would feel bad about her self and highly disappointed. It kept her from it and she was able to enjoy a visit with a friend, dinner with me and her boyfriend... and a comedy date with him last night. I am proud of her but know myself just how much work this takes. Here's to Following the Drink!

Wow, that's an awesome tip!

I remember something similar in my early days of not drinking. Before getting home from work, I'd imagine things I'd do instead of drinking as soon as I get home.

This has led to the following habits:
    • Clean up the kitchen before dinner.
    • Prep my breakfast things.
    • Check the next morning's weather and lay out my exercise clothes for the morning.
  • Orphia
    Tried these today, and there are other flavours. Really nice with sparkling mineral water and ice!

Only 37 KJ.

5qnzayqc8n7d.jpeg
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Dec 01 - Cocktails
    Dec 02 - AF
    Dec 03 - AF
    Dec 04 - AF
    Dec 06 - AF
    Dec 10 - AF
    Dec 11 - AF
    Dec 13 - AF
    Dec 14 - 2 Bailey's, 2 cocktails
    Dec 15 - 2 drinks Saturday night. My scale doesn't budge no matter what if I have had drinks. Really need to string together some AF days. At least marking it in here is making me mindful.
    Dec 16 -
    Dec 17 -
    Dec 18 -
    Dec 19 -
    Dec 20 -
    Dec 21 -
    Dec 22 -
    Dec 23 -
    Dec 24 -
    Dec 25 -
    Dec 26 -
    Dec 27 -
    Dec 28 -
    Dec 29 -
    Dec 30 -
    Dec 31 -
  • dawnbgethealthy
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    Last night, I was visiting with my daughter who is in her 2nd month of AA. I am thanking God that she is trying to clean up her act and get herself together because she had a real problem. She told me she had been struggling with her sobriety. She was out and about and kept thinking of a bottle of wine she knew was at her home. Her old rebellious self wanted to just go home, turn on a movie and drink the bottle... but this is what stopped her.

She has been listening to a podcast for sober living and the advice was "Follow the Drink". Meaning that she sat and thought about how she would feel after she had done this... and she realized that all her plans for the rest of the day would have canceled because she would feel bad about her self and highly disappointed. It kept her from it and she was able to enjoy a visit with a friend, dinner with me and her boyfriend... and a comedy date with him last night. I am proud of her but know myself just how much work this takes. Here's to Following the Drink!

Wow, that's an awesome tip!

I remember something similar in my early days of not drinking. Before getting home from work, I'd imagine things I'd do instead of drinking as soon as I get home.

This has led to the following habits:
    • Clean up the kitchen before dinner.
    • Prep my breakfast things.
    • Check the next morning's weather and lay out my exercise clothes for the morning.

Yes, that lovely feeling of having a glass of wine or a drink when arriving home from work. Relaxing, but definitely habitual.
    Changing habits is what we are all doing here, drinking less, tracking our food and exercise, trying to be healthier inside and out.