• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i think i want some till i have to shovel it
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I love it!! Got my fill this weekend.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Enjoying our view of our snow-capped mountains. Can't wait to join friends I've not seen in a while for an overnight weekend (Mammoth Mountain) before the year's end.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Fun fact: it snows in Hawaii, on the top of Mauna Loa.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    :)B)<3 Skied Friday, hopefully again on Thursday.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    No way Jose!
    Sun shine, warm fall and winter temperatures (hot summers), greenery and flowers in my garden all year round. None of that white stuff near me (been there and done that). I don't mind seeing it on top of the mountains but I don't get near it anymore unless is life or dead situation.
    Enjoy it if you like folks.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    :):):)

No, just no. I know you've seen pictures of how poorly Portland deals with snow (though it's not like Seattle is much better). Rain is fine - that at least means snow in the mountains.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I would like to see some snow, and then have it go away after about an hour. Can I have that?

It’s 60ish degrees here more or less year round. I’m not complaining :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Keep it over there, please!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »

But it's usually one of my better workouts. ;) (It takes 2-4 hours to shovel my driveway. Doesn't usually need to be done super often here, though - few times a Winter.)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    I would like to see some snow, and then have it go away after about an hour. Can I have that?

Seattle's winters are full of 40F rain. The Nordic ski area I do the most time at is about an hour away. I get up early, spend four or five hours enjoying winter, then go home. :)
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    It's been surprisingly uneventful here up in the North East so far this season....only 1 snow fall so far...none in the next 10 day forecast either.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    I miss snow. ❄
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    mbaker566 wrote: »

But it's usually one of my better workouts. ;) (It takes 2-4 hours to shovel my driveway. Doesn't usually need to be done super often here, though - few times a Winter.)

I was going to say the same thing! I'm not a fan of snow, but I love the calorie burn I get from shoveling the driveway. And I find exercise with an actual purpose very refreshing.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    We’re going up to North Carolina for Christmas, hoping we see some snow!!! My husband has only seen flurries once in his life.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    We were supposed to get snow overnight. We got freezing rain instead. :mad:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2018
    We were supposed to get snow overnight. We got freezing rain instead. :mad:

Dammit. Now it looks like I hugged you out of sympathy for the freezing rain and not cuz you're a dumbass.