Let me know you a little better

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I have given away 48 christmas trees this year to people that otherwise would not have had one.

that is AMAZING :+1:
  • Tommy7570
    Tommy7570 Posts: 465 Member
    ailsalw wrote: »
    I don’t like romance films, I’m more a Marvel, DC, action, horror girl
    The last film I cried at was Han Solo dying

That was a sad day indeed 😭

• Tommy7570
    I used to believe that love was about romantic feelings but I’ve learnt that real love is really about a lifetime of compromise, commitment and trust.

Amen sister 👍
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    I used to believe that love was about romantic feelings but I’ve learnt that real love is really about a lifetime of compromise, commitment and trust. [/quot

Your words come to my life in the right moment. I will follow your philosophy of love .
  • Finishiitnow
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    i won a gold medal in a culinary arts competition

Wow! Could you post the pic of your medal? That is amazing...
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    One reason why I'm on MFP is because of my early childhood. My mother was a single parent for all of my childhood. She would work 50-60 hours a week to keep up. Sometimes she could make it home and take me out for fast food because she was too tired to cook. Most of the time it was up to me to feed myself with what we had. Week after week for months, it seemed like all I would find was saltine crackers and raw hot dogs. I've now made the connection of why food is so unimportant and why I haven't cared about my diet.

I can't change my past obviously but I can change my future with better choices. And I can help to change someone else's. Throughout the year a put a little money aside to save for this time of year. I go to the grocery store and walk around looking for what looks like a single mother who looks like she's debating on what things to buy and trying to make the money stretch. I buy them a cart full of groceries so at least at some point the kid will have more options.
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    ailsalw wrote: »
    I don’t like romance films, I’m more a Marvel, DC, action, horror girl
    The last film I cried at was Han Solo dying

Spoiler!

If you haven’t seen it by now then it’s a deserved spoiler 😆
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    One reason why I'm on MFP is because of my early childhood. My mother was a single parent for all of my childhood. She would work 50-60 hours a week to keep up. Sometimes she could make it home and take me out for fast food because she was too tired to cook. Most of the time it was up to me to feed myself with what we had. Week after week for months, it seemed like all I would find was saltine crackers and raw hot dogs. I've now made the connection of why food is so unimportant and why I haven't cared about my diet.

I can't change my past obviously but I can change my future with better choices. And I can help to change someone else's. Throughout the year a put a little money aside to save for this time of year. I go to the grocery store and walk around looking for what looks like a single mother who looks like she's debating on what things to buy and trying to make the money stretch. I buy them a cart full of groceries so at least at some point the kid will have more options.

What an awesome thing to do 🙂
  • Tommy7570
    I was an undiagnosed dyslexic and only clicked it when my son got his diagnosis. Very different from my day when you were just considered a bit dim!

Good news - he knows it won’t hold him back and we now share coping techniques. The best one is using nicknames to remember new names - good fun as we share the same sense of humour 😂

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    My second husband was a psychologically abusive narcissist who cheated on me and destroyed my life. After we split, she identified as a trans woman and needed my help, so I supported her through a very difficult gender transition. We’re close friends/family forever now, and she’s a much better person.

WOW! You are obviously a VERY forgiving person! I doubt know I couldn't be that nice to someone who did what he did to you. Kudos to you.
  • Finishiitnow
    tams_89 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I have given away 48 christmas trees this year to people that otherwise would not have had one.

That is lovely

How nice!!
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    My second husband was a psychologically abusuve narcissist who cheated on me and destroyed my life. After we split, she identified as a trans woman and needed my help, so I supported her through a very difficult gender transition. We’re close friends/family forever now, and she’s a much better person.

Wow! Hats off to you! You’re a better person than me, I could not deal with all that
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I am really into random acts of kindness. I've paid for groceries and nuetering, coffee, etc. Last week in Dollar Store I paid for the couple in front of me. My dream would be to be rich enough to go into a store and pay for everyone's lay away. I hope I will inspire others to do the same. Last week the cashier that handled the transaction in the Dollar Store was blown away. I hope that it will inspire her to do the same at some point.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    edited December 2018
    This is one of my tattoos. The Dying Gaul

The Gauls were defeated by Rome. Many of the Gauls fought in the nude with only their swords and shields. After their defeat this statue was created to celebrate Rome's victory but also to memorialize the Gaul's fierce bravery.

hptqeemywghg.jpg

What it means to me? We are born into this world naked (ignorant) We go into battle (life) with only our wits to protect ourselves. Our victors (demons) may defeat us but we'll put up one hell of a fight.
  • Droidbrew
    Droidbrew Posts: 68 Member
    I have marshmallows in my hot chocolate and I’m not afraid of going to bed early if I’m tired! There I’ve said it 🤓
  • Droidbrew
    Droidbrew Posts: 68 Member
    Droidbrew wrote: »
    I have marshmallows in my hot chocolate and I’m not afraid of going to bed early if I’m tired! There I’ve said it 🤓

Marshmallows in hot chocolate is the only way!

Totally. With cream?
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    My second husband was a psychologically abusuve narcissist who cheated on me and destroyed my life. After we split, she identified as a trans woman and needed my help, so I supported her through a very difficult gender transition. We’re close friends/family forever now, and she’s a much better person.

My dad is one of those narcissist . As you can imagine I live with this daily. Glad you were able to get away .