How often do you step on a scale?

Replies

• Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Every morning, it has made me understand the likes of water weight and has kept me going.ive just had 4 really bad days while away at a works conference but that 3 lb gain yesterday has just gone down 1.8lb this morning, now i understand and guessed it would happen it keeps me sane.
    It keeps me focused weighing daily, little wins.
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    My normal does not have to be another normal There is no bet way that is different for everybody and it is what feels right for you.
    Initially I did not weigh myself at all. I started wishing myself at a point where my mother started spouting that I was too skinny to be healthy I did it to prove to her that I was still overweight, I knew I was not in a healthy range yet and just to get rid of the discussion had to use numbers to prove it (I was right)
    from thereon I weighed myself monthly - first Saturday of every month.
    When I hit my goalweight I switched to weekly (every Saturday)
    Not having been in maintenance for over year I still weigh myself weekly Sometimes twice week but always weekly.
    Not because I have to, not because somebody told me that I should but because I feel that is the right way for me to maintain, keep an eye on things and not to become obsessed with the number and the scale
  • hazeleni
    hazeleni Posts: 87 Member
    I havent weighed myself since Sept 26. I stepped on a scale in a pharmacy with baggy clothes, boots, umbrella, books, jacket and the list goes on.. I find it easier to disregard the scale and focus on how my clothes fit and how I feel my body.. I take measurements every couple of weeks though..
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    I weigh daily, but really it's whatever you prefer is best.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I weigh daily. I feel like it gives me a better overall picture of my weight loss than weighing less often. But there’s no right or wrong, just do what works for you.
  • Lanabanana42
    Lanabanana42 Posts: 13 Member
    I weigh daily and it gets shared here and on Trendweight. I have almost seven years of data which really keeps things in perspective. Recently I lost my MFP account (still don't know what happened), so everything over those years is gone, including my huge recipe cache. But because of my daily weigh in habit I still have all that Trendweight data. When you weigh daily the trend smoothes out and over time you will notice that even "huge" overnight jumps in weight hardly move the needle. Also weighing daily keeps me on track as I am only about 10-15 pounds from goal ( mostly vanity weight at this point) and am going verrrry slowly ( a pound or two per month). Whenever I have decided to just wing it for a while and not weigh, I start to have a slow creep upward and if not careful can wiped out my hard fought losses. I lost about 70 lbs doing this over about three years, then maintained for a while before restarting on those last few pounds this year.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Daily - first thing in the morning after voiding.
  • JDSapp4585
    JDSapp4585 Posts: 29 Member
    Just once a week for me. Saturday mornings when I wake up and after using the restroom, in my birthday suit naturally. I only do it once as I'd go crazy seeing my weight fluctuate from day to day. And I chose Saturdays because I stick to my allotted calorie intake during the week and keep a deficit in my 'bank' then cash in on the weekend eating at maintenance and even going over that sometimes. Weekends are when I enjoy 1 cheat meal each day and don't really worry about it cuz I know I'll make it up during the week (I have an active job)
  • WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    Normally once a month but I’ve returned to MFP because I’d put on some serious weight due to depression. But I’ve lost 11 lbs since 11/26.

I prefer going by how my clothes fit.
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    I weigh daily. I like to see my trending weight. And I find my weight swings so much throughout the week and month I’m afraid if I don’t I might miss those low weight days. And those are very motivating for me. But I’ve also learned to expect a new all time low to swing back up some before it settles. It’s a pattern and it’s very much non linear.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I weigh daily, at 9am without eating/drinking anything, after going to the washroom and without clothing on. It's very consistent that way.

Exact same here, but it's at 6:00am for me.
  • vgentile990
    vgentile990 Posts: 50 Member
    Everyday ... usually a night before bed but I really need to change it to mornings
  • MarisaMSimon
    MarisaMSimon Posts: 277 Member
    I step on every Friday morning before my weekend officially starts and I’ve lost all the weight during from the weekend prior. I also do daily weigh ins to check my progress and see if I’m going in the right direction come official weigh in day.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Twice a day. Before bed and after waking up and doing my business.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Daily
  • GaryHarbishee972
    GaryHarbishee972 Posts: 10 Member
    Daily. Knowing I’m stepping on the scales tomorrow makes me be strict with myself. Although if you do that don’t sweat over the fluctuations your weight naturally has.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Every day. It’s helped me understand how my weight fluctuates with stress and hormones.
  • KerrieA87
    KerrieA87 Posts: 167 Member
    I used to do it daily (for a week) at the same time of day to get an average weight, but I haven’t bothered to weight myself in months
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Every day.same time same routine.

Ive learned not to get stressed if it goes up, its kept me at it doing it this way.little wins mean a lot.