2019 Walk it off Challenge

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    Nicuqueen wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I would like to join this discussion as well.

I am a soon to be 70 yr old treadmill walker. I try to get in at least 10,000 steps per day, much of which is done on the TM. Because I am a fair-weather walker, I do like to walk outside when the weather cooperates.

Two years ago, I lost 13 lbs by walking. The weight has crept back on since my walking slowed down, but I am back at it again to help lessen the effects of the holiday eating that will happen.

I am excited to be a part of this group!

Nicuqueen...welcome to our walking group!
    So glad to have you!
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    I'd love to join the 2019 Walking Challenge. Walking is my favorite activity along with Yin yoga. I'm in Florida so I get to walk outside most days, I especially enjoy beach walking.
  • tinafaye13
    tinafaye13 Posts: 19 Member
    I LOVE Leslie and walk at home! It helped me lose a lot of weight about 4 yrs ago. Unfortunately it found me again so now it's back to walking it off again. 😁
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    tinafaye13 wrote: »
    I LOVE Leslie and walk at home! It helped me lose a lot of weight about 4 yrs ago. Unfortunately it found me again so now it's back to walking it off again. 😁

I super love Leslie Sansone's walks too!
  • jm216
    https://youtu.be/wiK5kvGaLMg
    This was a fun combo of 70’s and 80’s music. Happy Friday walking friends!

<3 Jill
  • jm216
    I'd love to join the 2019 Walking Challenge. Walking is my favorite activity along with Yin yoga. I'm in Florida so I get to walk outside most days, I especially enjoy beach walking.

Welcome Fish! 🐠
    Glad to have you here!
  • jm216
    tinafaye13 wrote: »

Welcome Tinafaye!
    We’ll get it going again!
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    I've made it 4 days in a row now. I'm liking Leslie's walking videos. They move enough that I get a little sweat going but gentile enough I don't start contracting. I have been adding weights too and enjoying it a lot.
  • jm216
    Way to go, Crying Blue! Don’t overdo it. <3
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    I would also like to join the walking challenge. Just wondering what everyone wears for outside walking when it’s cold out. I do have a TM but prefer outside walking!!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    wtbarunner wrote: »
    I would also like to join the walking challenge. Just wondering what everyone wears for outside walking when it’s cold out. I do have a TM but prefer outside walking!!

I wear as many layers as I can. You can always take stuff off if you get too hot. Fleece is my friend! ☺
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    Yes, layers are the key for cold weather walks. It’s easier for me to bundle up in the winter than trying not to melt in 90+ degrees in the summer.
  • wtbarunner
    edited December 2018

Do you usually just wear your running shoes or do you wear boots
  • DogWalkerRuth
    DogWalkerRuth Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! I'm in. 2019 Walk it off Challenge. Lets go!
  • wtbarunner
    So I am going to start my challenge with 11000 steps a day 7 days a week and for distance I am going to do 10miles a week to start and then hopefully increase monthly as I have not been walking to much distance.
  • jm216
    You are all awesome!
    Thanks for being a part of this fun walking journey!
  • LMK20018
    LMK20018 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m up for the challenge!I need accountability during the winter ❄️🙂⛄️
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I bundle up and walk outside. I work from home and either walk out back or drive to a state park at lunchtime.

I'm Walking to Mordor and have Met the Elves:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10613108/walk-to-mordor/p1
    http://www.walktomordor.com/
  • jm216
    I hope you’re enjoying the holiday break!
    My husband brought home a standing rib roast, a ham, and a turkey as his Christmas bonus... sorry to offend any vegetarians!
    It was delicious... but I’m done with large meals for a long time!

Time to stretch it out this morning and get moving again!

Jill
  • LindaRN83
    LindaRN83 Posts: 156 Member
    I had to start doing something the day after Christmas or it was only going to get worse!

Have gotten over 10000 steps each day and making that my goal.