The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Hello all,back to day something after drinking last week :'( not to make excuses but I dunno if it's the holiday season messing with my mind,or the long dark days that feel depressing,plus it was raining here on and off that whole week and for some reason that tends to trigger me too,everyone sounds good here though yay! B)

Don't worry. Life should be lived and happy. And sometimes we feel more vulnerable so we drink or do other things to ease the pain. That happens to all of us. But overall, I bet you drank much less overall for the past few months. Xo
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited December 2018
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I had my yearly physical and I am happy to report that my LDL (bad cholesterol) has dropped FIFTY points from the same time last year, when I was consuming a bottle of wine nearly every night! I have not changed my diet or exercise so it is all due to the wine. I can't believe what a huge difference that made. Miraculously, my liver numbers were fine too. This is no small part due to this group. Thank you for the support <3

That's so encouraging and inspiring for you. Im really happy to hear that. It's another positive. Great job, Jen.. xo
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    bulldogcpa wrote: »
    09/16/1998 - So just over 20 years. My advice. Don't worry about 8 days or 10 days or 30 days..... just today. Today is all that matters. You can't stay sober tomorrow. Only today.

<3
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    What apps do you guys use for counting sobriety? I'd love one that gives tips on benefits from abstaining, or goals met etc. But I don't need an AA app, I'm not spiritual nor do I think I'm an alcoholic, just someone who needs to reign it in.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    htimpaired wrote: »
    What apps do you guys use for counting sobriety? I'd love one that gives tips on benefits from abstaining, or goals met etc. But I don't need an AA app, I'm not spiritual nor do I think I'm an alcoholic, just someone who needs to reign it in.

It depends on what type of phone you have. I have a Samsung Core & the app I chose is named "EasyQuitDrinking" It has a pic of a guy kicking a bottle in half. I know there are several to choose from regardless of the phone you use. The one I use has all the things you are wanting...it also has games to "beat an urge" should you need to distract yourself until the urge passes...lots of good stuff on there.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @ttrambley Chocolate is OK!!! No worries! Stay strong! You've got this.
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    mtngrl3 wrote: »
    Day 2! Only focusing on today. May have binged on some chocolate leftover from halloween but still. Planning on running later today. Thanks you guys

How do you still have Halloween chocolate leftover?!? My stash was gone the first week after haha,have a great AF weekend all!

Hahaha I hid it from my kids and stashed it in the pantry and forgot all about it and was like SCORE!!!!