Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Day 11 since the scale last moved downward, today I'm down 1.4lbs and putting me at 151.0lbs wee little pounds from my last weigh in...uhhhhhh, I'M DOWN 69LBS BIG OLE POUNDS (well, the ticker shows 69lbs down but the status shows 68.8lbs down), I'll take the 69lbs the badge shows and with super ultra mega JOY--Thank Ya Jesus o:) and WOW!!! My husband/boyfriend told me today that I'm getting smaller I asked him if he liked it/the way I'm looking and he said NO!, he LOVES it=BOOM for me and him--YAY!!!

17500697.png

kkn7fg8gau84.jpg

NewLIFEstyle4ME
    lost 1.4 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 68.8 lbs so far.

P.S. This is from eating whatever I jolly well feel like eating/drinking and whenever I feel like it (NO restrictions at all) and N.E.A.T exercising only. I LOVE this. I so love slowly but surely getting down to size and having a GREAT time doing it=BOOOOMMMM!!!!

Eating whatever you feel! Love this! Im learning this lesson right now. Foods are not "good" or "bad"! They are food and if it fits in my day and nourishes my mind, body, and soul then they are all good in my book! Cant live my life feeling bad about what I eat because its something I do love and shouldnt feel bad about!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME you have an awesome attitude & outlook! Congrats on the weight loss from the consistent hard work. This is what I am working toward, being consistent ! This is a great thread & I will be checking in regularly now :)

@AJB1014 Hope you figure out what's stewing :) Even though "feeling" anger is normal it is also uncomfortable because it messes with our emotional balance. I used to feel "bad" for feeling anger & was likely taught that in one way or another in the earlier years. My home life as a child was a tad messy emotionally, BUT in years since I have come to accept my anger as a helper to bring me back into balance. Like you said it can manifest itself out of the blue with a helping of negative self talk along with it. So if you can take the time & space to work through it, you'll discover the true source. I usually have a bawl-fest at that point because for me it is "usually" some buried hurt that is surfacing. I find that it's very liberating to get rid of the weight of repressed anger. Someone once said that tears are like shedding poison...getting rid of the toxic stuff we sometimes hold on to. Please be kind to yourself in the process <3
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    It is a different type of decluttering than most here, but I feel much freer since letting go of worries, anger, etc, toward certain extended family members. There are a lot of people in my family such as cousins, aunts, uncles, and step-family who just aren't that important to me but I used to allow them too much power over my thoughts and put too much energy into trying to please them, impress them, and/or stay in contact with them. This has been a gradual thing for me over almost 20 years (which I know is nuts) but finally I feel I've reached a point where I don't wish any of them poor fortunes but I also just truly do not care what they think of me or if they think of me at all. It's been a very liberating feeling. Some say it is cold hearted or callous but I don't feel that way at all. These aren't people who have ever gone out of their way to show me kindness or attention. I am better off not seeing or talking to them.

I feel the same way, it is amazing how much self esteem we get after losing weight, declutter those toxic people
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    since losing weight I have got rid of people pleasing, unacceptable behavior and learning to say NO. My self esteem has come back. I made new plans for Xmas and set boundaries and it did not go over good with others in the family but made my life much better. I told my husband I would bring him back home if he started griping about Xmas traffic or lost his temper.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME you have an awesome attitude & outlook! Congrats on the weight loss from the consistent hard work. This is what I am working toward, being consistent ! This is a great thread & I will be checking in regularly now :)

@AJB1014 Hope you figure out what's stewing :) Even though "feeling" anger is normal it is also uncomfortable because it messes with our emotional balance. I used to feel "bad" for feeling anger & was likely taught that in one way or another in the earlier years. My home life as a child was a tad messy emotionally, BUT in years since I have come to accept my anger as a helper to bring me back into balance. Like you said it can manifest itself out of the blue with a helping of negative self talk along with it. So if you can take the time & space to work through it, you'll discover the true source. I usually have a bawl-fest at that point because for me it is "usually" some buried hurt that is surfacing. I find that it's very liberating to get rid of the weight of repressed anger. Someone once said that tears are like shedding poison...getting rid of the toxic stuff we sometimes hold on to. Please be kind to yourself in the process <3

{{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}} Honey, I want to thank you from the top and bottom of my heart. What you've contributed to this thread is mega tremendous and will help so VERY many people, including lil ole me. You ROCK, period.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    since losing weight I have got rid of people pleasing, unacceptable behavior and learning to say NO. My self esteem has come back. I made new plans for Xmas and set boundaries and it did not go over good with others in the family but made my life much better. I told my husband I would bring him back home if he started griping about Xmas traffic or lost his temper.

Good job! Taking control of you, and your situations is something huge!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited December 2018
    I love this thread! I have always been super minimal. My family moved a lot growing up and the habits of clearing out closets and letting stuff go was ingrained early because no one wants to move crap they don't need. My husband comes from a family I would describe as hoard-ish. Not full-on hoarder, but hard pressed to let stuff go because "someone might use that one day" kind of people.
    I go through ebbs and flows in how much clutter bothers me. There is usually a tipping point where I come home from work and am all stressed out out, look around the house and say "I can't live like this!" Then, I can make my husband tackle it with me since I am on the verge of a nervous break-down. Otherwise, he just doesn't see it. It's weird. If I wanted the house to look the way I like it all the time, I would be cleaning constantly because he just doesn't see it until it is sooooo bad. Of course, I am the one with a full-time job and he works part-time from home. Wouldn't it be nice if the neat freak was at home all day everyday!?!
    The one thing that does bother him is having people see our house messy. So, I have taken this to mean that I need to have a dinner party every few months to ensure a base level of cleanliness. It works surprisingly well!! On that note, maybe I should have people over for New Year's Eve!! :D

Hey Martaindale {{{*Waving Hi*}}} I absolutely LOVE what you've written here, so much--just made me smile and THINK so much--YAY YOU!!!

I also LOVE the way you describe your beloved hubby with such, ummmmm...honesty/honor/love (LOVE does NOT mean going along to get it along--that's what I call "Hollywood love or T.V./Movies love), it means recognizing people you love flaws and issues--that we need patience, understanding and ever looking at our own problems and issues and judging them (our whack ways and habits, etc.) the SAME way we judge our loved ones issues and problems. This fantasy of not judging something or someone is the stuff crazy-making is built on. We (who want to live right and righteously) JUDGE all things and explain how we feel NOT ignoring them (issues, bad habits, irritations) but by calling them out the same cool way you have ( honor is dealing with issues truthfully with love/mercy and utter fearlessness (the bold love that says NO to what's wrong and YES to what's right, no matter how "intimidating" it may feel/seem, when it comes what's really happening--not pretending or ignoring an issue that is causing one to "feel some kinda way") problems that maybe irritating/annoying with our loved ones is one thing but we ought no longer and not be tolerating EVIL treatment at all (i.e., TOXIC people are evil, no matter how "nice" they "seem/appear") which is why LET IT/THEM GO and DON'T LOOK BACK, not even for one split second is so IMPORTANT to helps us to live a more powerful and peace-filled simpler life/lifestyle. Our feeling of "helplessness" when it comes to Evil being perpetrated upon us (or even allowing y/ourselves to dishes out some evil) is just unacceptable (I don't care how many people do it that way--we don't have to stoop to the YUCK level of being evil--we can simply let our YES be YES and our NO be NO, period) and being treated evilly is a non-negotiable and UNNECESSARY to accept or embrace and the answer is NO! deal--at least it is for me ) and your understanding him--how cool of you! B)

What a tremendously fabulous idea, having dinner parties and/or company over on the regular (or even every few months) to help inspire you to keep things looking and feeling nice. Girrrrlllll---that's just cool, just like you. Thank you ever so much for contributing to this thread! <3o:)<3

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    This is the anniversary month of this thread. This time last year I began an "adventure" in REAL lifestyle change. In 1 year, I learned all the what, where, how, why and whens of decluttering my entire life (house (inside and outside), people (nice people (mostly), terrific people, people who are or at least maybe "better" than I am...but who constantly brought fuss/muss/stress/confusion/crazy-making and YUCK into my heart, mind and life. I've rid myself of TOXIC People who "society" dictates that I MUST have a personal relationship with because they are my (fill in the blank). The answer is NO MORE, BEST WISHES and BYE--so wonderful this simplifying and decluttering my life has been for the past year. Decluttering my entire life has removed not only mess/junk/too much STUFF outta my life, but also removed fear, false guilt, shame, laziness, slothfulness, gluttony and so much more! How utterly lovely it is to live a more minimalist and peaceful life--SO WONDERFUL!!!!

This time last year--when I began this LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK "business", my BMI was 35.5 (obese) today my BMI is 24.4 (Normal BMI and the mid-range, not higher side of BMI) from 219.8lbs to 151.0lbs (and counting)YAY!!!!

This weight blastification is not over...good ole tremendous maintenance is here and ever around the corner. The same with the decluttering, it's NEVER "I got this and it's over" Nope. Just as maintenance is an essential key in getting down to size and STAYING there, so it is with decluttering. There will always be that temptation to NOT make sure to clean-up immediately after your done with something OR getting into debt and sloppy/too much stuff lifestyle by buying stuff you don't need and probably won't use--just store up and stack up and begin to drown again in yuck/mess/stuff. Also, it's a real probability that some person "suddenly/unexpectedly rears his or her, ummmm...ugly and trouble-making head up in our lives (totally unexpected AND unwanted/unnecessary sometimes)--someone from the past that just "shows up" in y/our life that we MUST, with total grace and fearlessness say NO, no more and BYE to. It's a fabulous daily "business". Always remember, being shiftless/lazy/impulsive/intimidated is a CHOICE. We can give in and return to the YUCK or LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK--IT'S A CHOICE, PERIOD. It's also amazing how when people know you ain't for no funny business, period...how they either leave you all the way alone OR don't mess with you no more--WOW, it's amazing how much more respect, honor and peace you will gather for yourself and others.

<3o:)o:)o:)<3

WOW! This truly has been one year that by taking my time and doing it right and righteously has proven to be one that time as "flew" by. I ALWAYS thought "a year, that's a long time"...it's truly not. Take your time in these "battles" and do it right and righteously and if I can do it...seriously ANYONE can--BOOM!

<3<3<3

Happy Anniversary!!!
  • snoo61
    This is the anniversary month of this thread. This time last year I began an "adventure" in REAL lifestyle change. In 1 year, I learned all the what, where, how, why and whens of decluttering my entire life (house (inside and outside), people (nice people (mostly), terrific people, people who are or at least maybe "better" than I am...but who constantly brought fuss/muss/stress/confusion/crazy-making and YUCK into my heart, mind and life. I've rid myself of TOXIC People who "society" dictates that I MUST have a personal relationship with because they are my (fill in the blank). The answer is NO MORE, BEST WISHES and BYE--so wonderful this simplifying and decluttering my life has been for the past year. Decluttering my entire life has removed not only mess/junk/too much STUFF outta my life, but also removed fear, false guilt, shame, laziness, slothfulness, gluttony and so much more! How utterly lovely it is to live a more minimalist and peaceful life--SO WONDERFUL!!!!

This time last year--when I began this LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK "business", my BMI was 35.5 (obese) today my BMI is 24.4 (Normal BMI and the mid-range, not higher side of BMI) from 219.8lbs to 151.0lbs (and counting)YAY!!!!

This weight blastification is not over...good ole tremendous maintenance is here and ever around the corner. The same with the decluttering, it's NEVER "I got this and it's over" Nope. Just as maintenance is an essential key in getting down to size and STAYING there, so it is with decluttering. There will always be that temptation to NOT make sure to clean-up immediately after your done with something OR getting into debt and sloppy/too much stuff lifestyle by buying stuff you don't need and probably won't use--just store up and stack up and begin to drown again in yuck/mess/stuff. Also, it's a real probability that some person "suddenly/unexpectedly rears his or her, ummmm...ugly and trouble-making head up in our lives (totally unexpected AND unwanted/unnecessary sometimes)--someone from the past that just "shows up" in y/our life that we MUST, with total grace and fearlessness say NO, no more and BYE to. It's a fabulous daily "business". Always remember, being shiftless/lazy/impulsive/intimidated is a CHOICE. We can give in and return to the YUCK or LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK--IT'S A CHOICE, PERIOD. It's also amazing how when people know you ain't for no funny business, period...how they either leave you all the way alone OR don't mess with you no more--WOW, it's amazing how much more respect, honor and peace you will gather for yourself and others.

WOW! This truly has been one year that by taking my time and doing it right and righteously has proven to be one that time as "flew" by. I ALWAYS thought "a year, that's a long time"...it's truly not. Take your time in these "battles" and do it right and righteously and if I can do it...seriously ANYONE can--BOOM!

Happy anniversary and thank you for the blessings I've gotten from this thread!
  • snoo61
    I cleaned off my dresser, dusted it, and washed the mirror. Now to clean off the bed. LOL
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited December 2018
    Orphia wrote: »

<3<3<3

Happy Anniversary!!!

How lovely of you to think of me...you're a darling, period. <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited December 2018
    snoo61 wrote: »

Happy anniversary and thank you for the blessings I've gotten from this thread!

Well, you my dear, are just plain kindhearted and beautiful...I'm blessed and thrilled to have you as a cyber friend!

snoo61 wrote: »
    I cleaned off my dresser, dusted it, and washed the mirror. Now to clean off the bed. LOL

Girlllllll....those dressers of ours can and do EASILY get cluttered, YAY YOU. How excellent to finish it off and head to dreamland, I love it!!!

<3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited December 2018
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Just went through another large purge and got rid of ~20 medium boxes. Either Goodwill donations, auctioned off, or re-purposed. We had the kids go through the same exercise and I put up more shelving, closet organizers, etc. so everything now has a proper place. We put a rule in the house that either you find a place for it or it leave's the house in a week.

I moved the TV and entertainment center to the basement and we now have a great room where we can put a Griswold worthy Christmas tree.

W <3 W!!!!! Reading your post literally brought tears (of super ultra JOY) welling up in my eyes...20 medium boxes?!? That's just the bombdotcom, period. I'm am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO very happy for you, so utterly thrilled for you and your beloved family. Living like this does something beautiful and excellent in your home and life--BOOM!

Again, you have brought such, ummmmm, inspiration and encouragement to me and many others that will read this. THANK YOU ever so very much for contributing to this thread. YAY YOU and you rock, period.
    <3o:)<3
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Martaindale - this sounds so familiar! except I am like your husband. I wish my dh was more like you. Having a reason (dinner party) coming up for straightening things or clearing stuff out is motivating for me. It helps to do this with someone being positive. I feel as if he simply wants me to just chuck it all.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    I totally agree. get rid of the "stuff." I decluttered my friend list too.

I may have responded to your post already, but that puppy on your avatar--such a darling cutiepie--I LOVE that pic!
    Congrats on DARING to declutter and especially your "friends" list too--YAY YOU!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!