say something you've WANTED to say to someone but didn't

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Sometimes you make me so mad.. why can't you see it's ok for there to be other opinions than just yours.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited December 2018
    I get it, I do.
    Like hundreds of short little love letters.
    I would not be cool with it either.
    A person could say it means nothing but obviously it is filling some need.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    ...and I'm the one with nine

Nine what? Lives? I have 'em too 😊

Points. Not the good kind

They reset on the 1st don't they?.. only 16 days.. you can do it.

The hard part to deal with is that because I've had numerous warnings, I automatically get three points for anything, and apparently that doesn't expire. Three points is a major warning where examples include hate speech, blatant personal attacks, or posting images containing nudity. So, for example, if you're on super secret double probation and you post an innocent picture that may be taken the wrong way and then get popped for mentioning someone's grammar within two weeks, you're banned. So even if my points reset, it will be nearly impossible to make it another year without getting 10 points or whatever the magic number may be, when you have someone reporting every little thing that could be possibly stretched into a violation. It is what it is. I'm not protesting any moderators, I'm just breaking down that if you have someone, like another member, that doesn't like you, it's not hard for them to get rid of you. Everything has to do with what gets flagged and reported by your peers. You see multiple violations on a regular basis, but if you or I don't report it, nobody cares or looks twice at it. That's just the way it is on a site like this. If someone doesn't like you, it's very easy for them to expedite your departure.

I'll probably get banned for explaining this, but again, I'm not knocking or attacking any moderators at all. I'm simply explaining how the rules, as they are written, give a lot of power to regular contributors.

That sucks Brother, I'm sorry it works that way...

They definitely need to change the reporting system...

If you are found to be over reporting, reporting Bs, or targeting any specific someone with your reporting... You yourself should be pointed or banned...

This place has taken a noticeable dive in the last year... Because of the way the reporting system works
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    I'm going to chop you up and dress you and serve you in a bamboo bowl with a raspberry vinaigrette

Mmm I like raspberry.
  • RomaineCalm
    ...and I'm the one with nine

Nine what? Lives? I have 'em too 😊

Points. Not the good kind

They reset on the 1st don't they?.. only 16 days.. you can do it.

The hard part to deal with is that because I've had numerous warnings, I automatically get three points for anything, and apparently that doesn't expire. Three points is a major warning where examples include hate speech, blatant personal attacks, or posting images containing nudity. So, for example, if you're on super secret double probation and you post an innocent picture that may be taken the wrong way and then get popped for mentioning someone's grammar within two weeks, you're banned. So even if my points reset, it will be nearly impossible to make it another year without getting 10 points or whatever the magic number may be, when you have someone reporting every little thing that could be possibly stretched into a violation. It is what it is. I'm not protesting any moderators, I'm just breaking down that if you have someone, like another member, that doesn't like you, it's not hard for them to get rid of you. Everything has to do with what gets flagged and reported by your peers. You see multiple violations on a regular basis, but if you or I don't report it, nobody cares or looks twice at it. That's just the way it is on a site like this. If someone doesn't like you, it's very easy for them to expedite your departure.

I'll probably get banned for explaining this, but again, I'm not knocking or attacking any moderators at all. I'm simply explaining how the rules, as they are written, give a lot of power to regular contributors.

That sucks Brother, I'm sorry it works that way...

They definitely need to change the reporting system...

If you are found to be over reporting, reporting Bs, or targeting any specific someone with your reporting... You yourself should be pointed or banned...

This place has taken a noticeable dive in the last year... Because of the way the reporting system works

I essentially said this same thing last week.
    Just mute the people you don't like and be a mature adult.
    Over reporting the same user should get you banned, if it's clear you're targeting them.
  • RomaineCalm
    I'm biting my tongue so hard right now. But...in summary, I can say you two are the biggest, fakest hypocrites that should be the last ones saying what you're saying.

Listen, just let Cumin and I have a pun time ok?
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    No.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    It's not me, nor was it ever...
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Seriously!! Get your minds out of the gutter!!... Just for 10 minutes please. Is that too much to ask?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    sgreer29 wrote: »
    Seriously!! Get your minds out of the gutter!!... Just for 10 minutes please. Is that too much to ask?
    giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.