Ladies (and gents)...advice on weight loss but not losing the curves in certain areas.

In the process of losing the last 15 pounds and I really don’t want to lose my boobs and butt in the process even though I’m aware it might get smaller.

But what is the best way to help it from losing too much in those regions?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    There's nothing you can do about that. Your genetics informs what part of your body will lose fat where and when. The more fat you lose, the more likely you are to lose it everywhere, but there's no one thing you can do to try to lose it some places and not others.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Sorry. You can do some exercises to shape what you've got, but my personal experience was as I lost weight, I lost some butt and boobs. I wasn't able to do any spot reducing whatsoever.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Unfortunately the breasts will be a result of genetics, the glutes are made up of both fat and muscle so weight lifting with focus on progressive training will help you reatain muscle in them as you lose.

^This.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    I noticed that if I lost weight too quickly, the butt and boobs would begin to flatten and sag. Gaining back a little weight, they perked back up. Go slow and steady.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    https://smile.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-Womans-Building-Better/dp/1936608642/

"This is not your run-of-the-mill fitness book. Developed by world-renowned gluteal expert Bret Contreras, Strong Curves offers an extensive fitness and nutrition guide for women seeking to improve their physique, function, strength, and mobility.

Contreras spent the last eighteen years researching and field-testing the best methods for building better butts and shapelier bodies. In Strong Curves, he offers the programs that have proven effective time and time again with his clients, allowing you to develop lean muscle, rounded glutes, and greater confidence..."
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    edited December 2018
    Unfortunately the breasts will be a result of genetics, the glutes are made up of both fat and muscle so weight lifting with focus on progressive training will help you reatain muscle in them as you lose.

“Glutes” are muscles only. The gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus are the muscles of the buttocks, and fat, if any, lays over the muscle. Agreeing that weight lifting will help preserve or build up the buttocks as the fat is lost.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    margbarco wrote: »

“Glutes” are muscles only. The gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimums are the muscles of the buttocks, and fat, if any, lays over the muscle. Agreeing that weight lifting will help preserve or build up the buttocks as the fat is lost.

Yes yes thanks for the correction! MFP censors some words for the.. um.. behind.. I should have said buttocks ;)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited December 2018
    jesspen91 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    vanmep wrote: »
    I lost boob size but interestingly they actually appear to be bigger because I lost my belly and now my boobs stick out further than my belly.

I think I look better in that department as well, despite losing several cup sizes. Bigger is not always better, in this case.

OP, this isn't a choice we get to make. Work on body comp, as suggested, and if you just can't live with the results, I guess start saving for surgery.

Also, band size is related to cup size so you may find that despite losing volume in your breasts the ratio between your breasts and your band might remain the same or even increase. I actually went for a 34DD to a 30F because I lost more fat on my back than I did my boobs.

Bra sizing is weird, but yes, the cups on a 38D bra are much bigger than those on a 30D so it's possible to lose boobage without losing much cup size. I'm only down one letter cup size but in a much smaller band. And trust me, they are smaller :lol:
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    There is nothing you can do to control where you lose the weight.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    There is nothing you can do to control where you lose the weight.

While you can't control where you lose fat... you can have significant control over muscle retention. Thank goodness for that!
  • tiffanyleilarsen
    tiffanyleilarsen Posts: 43 Member
    Do chest flies. It builds up the muscle behind the breasts so they look bigger and will be firmer.