Week 5: 140.5 lbs
    Week 6: 138.7 lbs
    Week 7: 139.2 lbs
    Week 8: 144.2 lbs
    Week 9: 144.4 lbs
    Week 10: 138.7 lbs
    Week 11: 140.4 lbs
    Week 12: 138.2 lbs

Well I didn’t get to my goal but I did learn a few things.

One, I’ve been eating different every day which means I have no clear goal in mind and I mentally “reward” myself for “good” behavior....which is dumb.

Two, I’m not fully committed because a fully committed person wouldn’t have numbers like that.

And three, I’m finally ready to admit that it’s what I’m eating that’s holding me back and not my workouts.

I hope all of you enjoyed our 12 week challenge and have some great takeaways to move you forward!
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 228.6
    Challenge Goal: Maintain below 230.0 (was: 215.0)
    Week 1: 229.2
    Week 2: 228.4
    Week 3: 228.8
    Week 4: 228.4
    Week 5: 231.4
    Week 6: 229.2
    Week 7: 230.6
    Week 8: 230.0
    Week 9: 232.2
    Week 10: 234.2
    Week 11: 234.0
    Week 12: 237.8

Positive thought for the week: It’s almost over (the semester).
    Healthy snack or meal: Greek yoghurt with tangerine and slivered almonds.
    Best workout this week: Body bike during TV treat.

Quite a spike during that last strenuous week of finals work but for me, those are “attenuating circumstances” and I was successful otherwise. Another two days to finish the other project and I will be attending more to myself and my home again.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member

Quite a spike during that last strenuous week of finals work but for me, those are “attenuating circumstances” and I was successful otherwise. Another two days to finish the other project and I will be attending more to myself and my home again.

When do you guys have finals? It seems late on the month....all of our schools here wrapped up about 2 weeks ago.
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 137
    Challenge Goal: 132
    Week 1: 136
    Week 2: 137
    Week 3: 134
    Week 4: 133
    Week 5: (skipped)
    Week 6: 133
    Week 7: 132
    Week 8: 131
    Week 9: 132
    Week 10: (where are my scales?)
    Week 11: 131
    Week 12: 130

I’m not convinced that’s a ‘real’ number because I had a pretty low-volume meal the previous evening and was probably a bit dehydrated, but exciting to see my lowest ever adult weight on the scale again!

What I have learned: I can do this, and I can learn to eat at maintenance... but for the moment I still need to track to do it.

What I want to change: I need to exercise more. I’ve reached my weight goal, but not my fitness goal of running 5k non-stop (although by my reckoning I still have 6 days to do it and it might be possible given OK weather and a following wind)

Next for me: Focus on fitness and maintaining, or very slowly losing a little bit more. After I get rid of the Christmas excess...!
  • gesundundmunter

When do you guys have finals? It seems late on the month....all of our schools here wrapped up about 2 weeks ago.

We go through Dec. 22. Started late, after Labor Day weekend.
  • SmithsonianEmpress

We go through Dec. 22. Started late, after Labor Day weekend.

Ohhhhhh interesting. I didn’t know that. Well good luck in the home stretch. Finish strong!
  • arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.6
    Challenge Goal: 125
    Week 1: 132.6
    Week 2: 128.6
    Week 3: 129.0
    Week 4: 128.2
    Week 5: 128.0
    Week 6: 132.0
    Week 7: 129.2
    Week 8: 130.0
    Week 9: ?!
    Week 10: ?!?!
    Week 11: 129.4
    Week 12: 129.0

What have you learned: I think on some level I'm happy with where I am at this weight and so I'm just not greatly motivated to lose more weight. While I want to get to 115~120 so I have more room to mess up when I finally move to maintenance, I keep losing my resolve. 12 weeks is more than enough to lose 4.5 pounds... lol even half a pound a week would have been enough. I've spent too much time trying to not feel like a failure that I seem to have removed my goal completely.

What, if anything, do you want to change:
    I'm going to drink less on the weekends (lol my party-est friend is going to be working super long hours from late Jan through April or may). Lowering my exercise goals to do my yoga vids at least 2x/week so that I don't feel defeated if I skip 1 day (or 2).

How will you proceed/move forward: Adding in more intentional exercise to improve my overall health. I'm not near the skinny part of "skinny-fat" territory yet, but if I get to skinny then I'd like to not still be fat lol

But I'm glad to be on this journey with y'all!

Will we be opening the group up to new members for the next round?

Can't wait for winter 2018/2019! I'll switch my in-app goals from maintaining to losing 1/2 pound/week, but I honestly wish there was a 1/4 pound/week option!

All my love and best wishes to y'all this holiday season! <3
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    ]
    arameni wrote: »
    Challenge Start Weight: 129.6
    Challenge Goal: 125
    Week 1: 132.6
    Week 2: 128.6
    Week 3: 129.0
    Week 4: 128.2
    Week 5: 128.0
    Week 6: 132.0
    Week 7: 129.2
    Week 8: 130.0
    Week 9: ?!
    Week 10: ?!?!
    Week 11: 129.4
    Week 12: 129.0

What have you learned: I think on some level I'm happy with where I am at this weight and so I'm just not greatly motivated to lose more weight. While I want to get to 115~120 so I have more room to mess up when I finally move to maintenance, I keep losing my resolve. 12 weeks is more than enough to lose 4.5 pounds... lol even half a pound a week would have been enough. I've spent too much time trying to not feel like a failure that I seem to have removed my goal completely.

What, if anything, do you want to change:
    I'm going to drink less on the weekends (lol my party-est friend is going to be working super long hours from late Jan through April or may). Lowering my exercise goals to do my yoga vids at least 2x/week so that I don't feel defeated if I skip 1 day (or 2).

How will you proceed/move forward: Adding in more intentional exercise to improve my overall health. I'm not near the skinny part of "skinny-fat" territory yet, but if I get to skinny then I'd like to not still be fat lol

But I'm glad to be on this journey with y'all!

Will we be opening the group up to new members for the next round?

Can't wait for winter 2018/2019! I'll switch my in-app goals from maintaining to losing 1/2 pound/week, but I honestly wish there was a 1/4 pound/week option!

All my love and best wishes to y'all this holiday season! <3

I think Carol and I are hoping someone will step up to lead the group. Personally, I plan to actively look for a full time job come January, I’m hoping to complete online certification to be able to teach online courses and I want to add a lifting day at the gym as well as do spin and swim.

I definitely love the group and opening it to more members is a good idea (we normally do thar right before we start a new session.) however a new leader would be great as well.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    Hi All,
    Sorry that I have been missing in action. I had to fight with a bad cold while trying to prep for Christmas. Just part of getting lots of toddler kisses from the grandkids!

Yes, the group will open to new members soon, hopefully today and if no one else wants to step you and lead, I will continue with Jessica stepping in when I drop the ball. I think the new session will start on January 7, unless the the concensus is that everyone wants to do it on the second and move our weigh-ins to mid-week.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and I wish you a blessed new year!
    Carol
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Carol - I hope you are better. Lol!...grandchildren kisses are worth it. I have been waking up the past 3 nights with coughing like every other hour with all of my children. I was EXHAUSTED when we opened presents yesterday morning. I had to take 3 Tylenol extra strength. I was supposed to workout this morning but I happily slept in. I am MUCH better today. Still tired but normal tired. I’m actually going to get in the bed in about 30 minutes. I don’t care that it’s early.

Anyway, I vote for January 7th. That’s a good day for me because my son goes back to school and then I start back the following week. I plan to take it seriously this time...my fitness your.

Also, we ALL need assistance sometimes. You don’t drop the ball...life happens. We are here to cohabitate and help others and be selfless...I believe...so I’m here when you need me :smile:
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    It's a perfect date to start. Thank you so much for doing this!
  • gesundundmunter
    Jan. 7 sounds good to me. Thanks for your efforts and a good transition to 2019!
This discussion has been closed.