Help! Estimate calories at resteraunt

What would be the lowest calorie option, trying not to be the person that gets a salad but if I have to I will...

22j916n050ij.jpeg

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    That's a very limited menu. I'd be going for the gnocchi just because it sounds good. Probably not the most calorie conscious choice, though...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    There's really no way to know how many calories would be in any of those. For lower calorie I might choose that salmon pasta and just eat less of the actual noodles. lol. I have done that before. Or I'd get the pepperoni pizza and just eat a reasonable amount of it.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    None of those sound low calorie. I'd just get what you wanted and move on.

My guess would be one of the pizzas. In my experience, "fancy" pizzas tend to use high quality cheese, and less of it, although the pesto on one of the pizzas is probably a fair amount of oil. There's no way to tell how much cheese or pesto the restaurant uses unless you've seen the pizza.

There is also the marinated veggie salad, but it's hard to know how much oil those veggies have soaked up. Plus, as a vegetarian, I have had more than my fair share of sad restaurant vegetables.

I'd probably go for the pesto pizza because I think it sounds the best, not because it's necessarily low calorie.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I'd probably just have the salmon pasta, enjoy it and move on.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited December 2018
    None of the above. Restaurants cheat. What could be a moderate dish, calorie wise is greatly enhanced with an ounce of olive or sesame oil. 250 more calories. Boom! I have seen salad dressing made with 3 oz of oil. 750 calories. Salmon steaks dipped in butter and tossed on the broiler. A half a cup of clarified butter poured on a T Bone. 800 calories of clarified butter. Mop it up with a baguette and you add 1000 calories to the steak. That luxurious taste and mouth feel? They get it by adding butter, oil, mayo, etc. You gotta make it yourself if you want to count the calories.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    At my best, I would order any of those and leave behind most of the carbs, so.the salmon or pizza would probably be most filling.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    The polenta sounds delicious. What did you end up choosing?
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Probably the Goats Cheese Pizza. The Salmon would be good too...without the cream sauce and only eating a small portion of the pasta.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Don't know which is the best calorie option but I'd go gnocchi and affogatto and not even think twice about it .
  • foxtrot1965
    foxtrot1965 Posts: 133 Member
    The Frozen yogurt!