Breakfast...

jenniferkaye22
jenniferkaye22 Posts: 84 Member
So I need some breakfast ideas. I use to not be a breakfast person at all but now I am. I have been mostly eating scrambled eggs I’m getting bored with those. I need some ideas/recipes.
I do have to say I don’t like oatmeal or grits so those are definitely off the counter

Replies

• 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    I love the protein pancakes that can be found on here, I add blueberries, strawberries and some pbfit peanut butter.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/protein-packed-pancakes/
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Any food you want to eat can be labeled “breakfast”. There is no rule anywhere that dictates the items one may eat at a particular meal or time of day.

I’ve had everything from eggs to roast duck for breakfast.
  • jenniferkaye22
    6raham wrote: »
    I love the protein pancakes that can be found on here, I add blueberries, strawberries and some pbfit peanut butter.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/protein-packed-pancakes/

I’m going to try these thank you!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    what about if you put the eggs in a tortilla with some bacon
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Non egg stuff I usually just have protein waffles or pancakes with banana slices and sugar-free syrup or yogurt and fruit. You could add flavored protein powder to plain yogurt and it tastes super good and bumps your protein if you're missing it by not using eggs.

I still eat eggs a lot of the time, but I do them different ways:

I love breakfast tacos with corn tortillas, eggs, cheese, and salsa. Could add meat if you wanted. You could definitely do tacos in the morning with no eggs at all.

"homemade" Egg McMuffin with whatever english muffin, meat, and cheese you like. or no cheese if you prefer.

Ham, egg, cheese, and mushroom scramble. Sometimes with spinach and bell peppers.

Or you could just do like a shredded hashbrown scramble with chopped veggies mixed in, with or without egg this is good and easy.

• PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Could always be crazy and have some sort of meat/rice/veggies for breakfast :o
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    You don't just have to scramble the eggs. You can add stuff to them (ham, bacon, peppers, onions, cheeses, etc) when you scramble them. You can make an omelette. You can fry them and melt cheese on top. You can hard/soft boil them and eat them with salt or wasabi mayo. You can fry them and put them into an english muffin or biscuit with other toppings.
  • jenniferkaye22
    Non egg stuff I usually just have protein waffles or pancakes with banana slices and sugar-free syrup or yogurt and fruit. You could add flavored protein powder to plain yogurt and it tastes super good and bumps your protein if you're missing it by not using eggs.

I still eat eggs a lot of the time, but I do them different ways:

I love breakfast tacos with corn tortillas, eggs, cheese, and salsa. Could add meat if you wanted. You could definitely do tacos in the morning with no eggs at all.

"homemade" Egg McMuffin with whatever english muffin, meat, and cheese you like. or no cheese if you prefer.

Ham, egg, cheese, and mushroom scramble. Sometimes with spinach and bell peppers.

Or you could just do like a shredded hashbrown scramble with chopped veggies mixed in, with or without egg this is good and easy.

Those are good ideas! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    What I use as my go-to meals - breakfast tacos, kodiak pancakes (with variations), homemade bagels made with greek yogurt.. just to name a few ideas. I sometimes will eat non-breakfast foods like chicken with green beans.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i make an egg bake weekly that has spinach, mushrooms and bell peppers with feta in it - i use 6 whole eggs and then the equipvalent of 10 egg substitute (to add protein/reduce fat)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Bagel thins several ways, as avocado toast, egg sandwich, jelly.

Avocado toast on sourdough is my personal fav with some spinach and cherry tomatoes on top:)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Pizza
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    The same foods for lunch and dinner.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    What great ideas!!!!
  • teddilyn56
    teddilyn56 Posts: 5 Member
    Once or twice a month, I'll eat an apple with Low sodium natural peanut butter.
    I sometimes do a fruit smoothie and add spinach to the mix.
    Recently have enjoyed hummus with flax crackers and grape tomatoes.
  • bmilley123
    bmilley123 Posts: 1 Member
    Any grab and go ideas? I need to have something to bring and eat at work.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I eat eggs a lot, but I cook them in various ways...scrambled, fried, put in a breakfast burrito, omelette, hard boiled, etc.

I also eat oats a lot, usually with almonds and blue berries or a savory type on the weekend with onions and mushrooms with a fried egg on top.

I also eat "non breakfast" food quite a bit. I have a snow day today and it's cold and snowy and blustery outside...I had some leftover split pea soup from a couple of nights ago, so I had that this morning for breakfast. I make green chile stew quite a bit and that always makes for a nice breakfast with big chunks of pork, potatoes, and of course, copious amounts of New Mexico Hatch Green Chile. I also like trout and wild rice.
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    This week for me is avocado toast w/ hard boiled eggs.

I smash my avocados up, put them in Tupperware and lay some cling wrap on it to seal it in so it doesn’t brown. Preslice my eggs and then all I have to do in the morning is toast my bread and assemble! Also if you have a Trader Joe’s near by, their Everything But The Bagel seasoning is sooooo good on top!
  • Anic1982
    Anic1982 Posts: 2 Member
    These are my 2 go to breakfasts.

Toasted lite english muffin with peabutbutter

Or

Toasted lite english muffin with candian bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and an egg.
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries and salted roasted almonds....And coffee of course