For those who eat cottage cheese: what's your favorite brand?

I much prefer cottage cheese over greek yogurt, and I'm just curious to hear your favorite brands!

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Friendship, hands down. Nothing else even comes close.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Wegmans organic brand 2%, Target brand 2%, and then Breakstone 2% (in that order)
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2018
    Friendship, hands down. Nothing else even comes close.

I'll 2nd this (Friendship 4% - good consistency, both creamy & thick, not runny) but Breakstone 4% large curd is a close 2nd place (a bit different texture, combination of being both runny & creamy)

Some store brands are ok (Target) but pale in comparison (a bit more "gummy" texture - I would say the worst I've tried would probably be Publix - just slimy, congealed)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I’m not sure we have the same branding in Canada. My favourite is Dairyland.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    I like the Vons/Pavilions/Safeway (well, Lucerne) no salt added cottage cheese.

I do like it better than greek yogurt too but sometimes my market's so I have to suffer. :)
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Dairyland is also my favourite.

• 2baninja
    2baninja Posts: 511 Member
    Crowleys small curd 4%, it's all I've ever eaten.
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Gay lea Nordica (Canadian brand)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Meadow Gold with a strawberry or raspberry pinch of powder sugar free jello.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I buy cottage cheese produced by local dairies. It helps that I live in a state that produces a lot of dairy. I find Dean's and Prairie Farms to be really good. They are both regional companies.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Dean's 4% large curd - amazeballs!

ja4yx8w43dl0.png
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I buy cottage cheese produced by local dairies. It helps that I live in a state that produces a lot of dairy. I find Dean's and Prairie Farms to be really good. They are both regional companies.

Dean's is good. I didn't know it was local to you (I guess it's semi local to me, as I'm in a neighboring state).

Other than that I'll get it at the farmers market.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Great Value 4%Milkfat from Walmart. I drain all cottage cheese,don’t do sloppy.
    Also check all dairy dates. Worth the time.JMO
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I like Daisy (regular, not the low fat).
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Daisy 4%
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I usually just get the store brand of whatever store I am shopping at.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I have no clue where else this is sold besides Michigan, but it is the Michigan brand large curd 4% cottage cheese. To die for - I think it has just the right amount of saltiness and creaminess and the curds have just the right amount of firmness for a good mouthfeel.

0094776124381_a1c1_0600.png
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »

Dean's is good. I didn't know it was local to you (I guess it's semi local to me, as I'm in a neighboring state).

Other than that I'll get it at the farmers market.

IIRC they started in western PA/eastern Ohio (Amish country) and spread throughout the Great Lakes area because of the large number of dairy farms. They actually contract local dairies to produce under their name so it is local milk made into cottage cheese using Deans specifications and cultures.