Couch To 10K... I'm loving it!

I started the couch to 10K 5 weeks ago now and the runs are getting longer each time but I'm loving the progress!
I'm not a runner at all but my goal is to run a 10K for charity next year!

If your looking for motivation your welcome to add me and follow my inspirational quotes/posts :-)

To anyone thinking of running don't think you can do it!
I'm overweight and astmatic but Im doing it nothing is getting in my way!

6ddx3o4ndf4u.jpg

By the way this is a photo of me earlier this year after I completed the Grous Grind in Canada... A very steep climb up a mountain... I nearly threw up but I did it!

Replies

• hclay25
    hclay25 Posts: 32 Member
    I’m going to try the C25K this spring once I’ve lost some weight. I’ve already downloaded it on my phone so I look at it as motivation to aim for. I used to do 5k races in college and I miss doing it for fun.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    hclay25 wrote: »
    I’m going to try the C25K this spring once I’ve lost some weight. I’ve already downloaded it on my phone so I look at it as motivation to aim for. I used to do 5k races in college and I miss doing it for fun.

Aww amazing I'll see how I feel after 10K couldn't imagine doing 25K!
    Good Luck to you though xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    spoiler alert, you are a runner! :laugh:
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    spoiler alert, you are a runner! :laugh:

🤣🤣🤣 I am now but I meant 5 weeks ago I couldn't run to save my life!
  • TavistockToad

it stands for Couch To 5K
  • chloeljgreen
    chloeljgreen Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Kelly I just got on the scales and realised I have to upgrade my speed walking to a couch to 10k too, so starting this morning.. thanks for the inspiration.
  • KellyLouiseGibson

it stands for Couch To 5K

Haha Oh Yeh just read it again silly me 🤣
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    Hi Kelly I just got on the scales and realised I have to upgrade my speed walking to a couch to 10k too, so starting this morning.. thanks for the inspiration.

Ohh well good luck to you to!
    Keep me updated on your progress x
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

WEEK 6 COMPLETED THIS MORNING!
    Had to run for 25 mins straight can't believe I'm doing this!
  • TavistockToad
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

have you signed up for a 10k in the new year?
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

I get paid 1st week of January so gonna sign up for the Manchester 10K great run end of May :-o
  • TavistockToad
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

I get paid 1st week of January so gonna sign up for the Manchester 10K great run end of May :-o

good stuff!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

good stuff!

Hopefully I'll have someone to do it with me but none of my friends commit to things like me haha!
  • TavistockToad
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

good stuff!

Hopefully I'll have someone to do it with me but none of my friends commit to things like me haha!

when i first started running i didn't have anyone to race with, but now my friend (who got me into running) has slowed down a bit and i have got faster we can race together!
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

good stuff!

when i first started running i didn't have anyone to race with, but now my friend (who got me into running) has slowed down a bit and i have got faster we can race together!

That's good :-) My friends are slimmer than me do they would soon catch up. Will try and get them into it after Xmas:-)
  • TavistockToad
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

good stuff!

That's good :-) My friends are slimmer than me do they would soon catch up. Will try and get them into it after Xmas:-)

weight has little to do with running ability. you'll see that when you do a race.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

good stuff!

weight has little to do with running ability. you'll see that when you do a race.

Surely I would find it a bit easier if I am 3 stone lighter or is that not the case?
  • TavistockToad
    edited December 2018
    7ugke20bv06l.jpg

good stuff!

Surely I would find it a bit easier if I am 3 stone lighter or is that not the case?

quite possibly. i'm just saying that there are are plenty of runners out there who are faster than you who are overweight, so just because your friends are slimmer wont automatically make them faster.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Congratulations :) you're doing great :smiley:
  • Lilygator1017
    Lilygator1017 Posts: 14 Member
    I used to run, and got to a point where I loved it. I remember the monumental moment when I finished a 5k and not thinking I was going to collapse. I want to get back to that!