Top tips for meeting your calorie goals over christmas

Hey guys

Just wondering if you had any top tips for ensuring that you stay on track over the festive period. I know the trick is to have a calorie deficit at the end of the day, but how are you planning on achieving that :D

Ta

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    You could change your goal to maintain your weight through the rest of the year.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    My plan is to get at least 8000 steps in a day, complete one workout a day, track everything as best as I can, use a small plate for meals, and drink one shake a day to help suppress my appetite. It is going to be super challenging this next week for me since I'm traveling for a whole week.. but is totally doable!
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    My goal is preplanning. I will pre log what I plan to eat day, and up it to a maintenance level so I do not feel deprived. I will be very honest with my food log each evening even if I mess up and hoping that this will keep me on task. I will workout dec 22, 23 and take dec 24 and 25 off. workout and diet calorie levels resume again dec 26.
    sure sounds good on paper... lets see how this goes!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Portion control/moderation
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Pre-planning/pre-logging works best for me. I'm in maintenance so plenty of calories to go around. Following a weekly calorie goal helps a lot too as I can be flexible by varying my days if I end up with unexpected goodies.
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Continue to count as usual. I talked to my nutritionist and she agreed that its important not to extend this holiday eating beyond the one day. It will slow my progress for sure if I go beyond 3000 cals but that may be the case.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I'm not going to worry about the few celebratory meals that will be had. I have found that watching what I eat the rest of the time is a bigger factor. Any year that I have it in my head to lose weight over the holidays, I do. When it comes to celebratory meals, I will have a small portion of a little bit of everything that I want (usually works out to one very big plate full), and a small portion of any of the desserts I want. I discovered that I could enjoy a bit of everything without feeling uncomfortably stuffed at the end of it all.

My plan is to get at least 8000 steps in a day, complete one workout a day, track everything as best as I can, use a small plate for meals, and drink one shake a day to help suppress my appetite. It is going to be super challenging this next week for me since I'm traveling for a whole week.. but is totally doable!

Appetite suppressing shake? Let me guess, Beachbody snakoilogy.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I usually skip breakfast and lunch and just eat dinner for Christmas...then I can pretty much eat until I'm full and still be mostly on target.