Monkees Fans??

MonkeeMama1
MonkeeMama1 Posts: 14 Member
Hi, I was just wondering if there were any Monkees fans here?

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Used to be. Haven’t listened to them in ages.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    See my username? :D:D:D Definitely a Monkees fan!
  • MonkeeMama1
    You should, they have all new music. They came back in 1986 and they’re still goin’ strong!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Did you get their latest CD? Not the Xmas album but the one titled “Good Times”? It’s really really good! I also got a surprise when I bought it in the record store they gave me free stickers and a coloring book, how cool is that?! B)
    0uqa87ovo5x4.jpeg
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Here we come, walking down the street …… oh hell yes...
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Mickey Dolentz, Peter Tork, Nesbitt and poor Davy that passed to soon..
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    beastier wrote: »
    My wife once threatened to leave me over my obsession with the Monkees

I thought she was joking - and then I saw her face

Where's the groan emoji? :)
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Lord. My friend Shannon is batshit about the Monkees. Especially Papa Nez.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    Mickey Dolentz, Peter Tork, Nesbitt and poor Davy that passed to soon..

Did you know that Peter Tork's brother played football for the Green Bay Packers?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Here we come
    Walking down the street
    We get the funniest looks from
    Everyone we meet
    dhv0azndbw25.gif
    26q7b708xd69.gif
    Did you get their latest CD? Not the Xmas album but the one titled “Good Times”? It’s really really good! I also got a surprise when I bought it in the record store they gave me free stickers and a coloring book, how cool is that?! B)
    0uqa87ovo5x4.jpeg

I'd buy that. :)
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    I have a special place in my heart for the Monkees. Peter Tork went to my college (Carleton) and Daydream Believer was the #1 song on my birthday.
  • MonkeeMama1
    OMG, I don’t believe this!!!!! I am BATSHIT CRAZY over them, especially Peter (he’s the love of my life❤️❤️!!!!) If any fan wants to add me as a friend, please do!!
  • MonkeeMama1
    0uqa87ovo5x4.jpeg

Yeah, I did get Good Times and it is awesome, I love it! I collect everything on them!! That’s so cool they gave you the stickers and coloring book!!

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    I saw Davey in the mid 90s when I was center orchestra at Kiss of the Spiderwoman. He had VIP front row. He was on his way to the concession stand at the intermission. He had a mullet and was careful not to make eye contact with anyone. Not kidding.
  • glassyo
    Years ago there was this stage show called The Real Live Brady Bunch where episodes of the show were put on in play format and damned straight I was there for the Davy Jones show. (He was in the play.)
  • LittleLionHeart1
    glassyo wrote: »
    Years ago there was this stage show called The Real Live Brady Bunch where episodes of the show were put on in play format and damned straight I was there for the Davy Jones show. (He was in the play.)

:o Woah!! Did they create this scene???
    Girl, look what you've done to me,
    Me, and my whole world. https://youtu.be/29qrRiF9t-M
  • LittleLionHeart1
    edited December 2018
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I saw Davey in the mid 90s when I was center orchestra at Kiss of the Spiderwoman. He had VIP front row. He was on his way to the concession stand at the intermission. He had a mullet and was careful not to make eye contact with anyone. Not kidding.

I wish you would gave spied on him at the snack bar. So you could report what he ate.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »

I wish you would gave spied on him at the snack bar. So you could report what he ate.

I went to the ladies after and saw him in the lobby with a glass of white wine.

• glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »

:o Woah!! Did they create this scene???
    Girl, look what you've done to me,
    Me, and my whole world. https://youtu.be/29qrRiF9t-M

They did complete episodes so probably! (It was a reeeeeeeeally long time ago.) But I was right up front and he was so....there...and I kinda remember them selling t shirts that said "How about the flip side?"