My C25K diary

Replies

• kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    Anyone else getting really bored with the bug that means you can't see your friends statuses? I miss you all. Getting bored of having to look everyone up individually!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited December 2018
    @kirstyfoy
    Congratulations! Relish the small victories! Like you said, live in the moment and try not to think ahead. Imagine if marathon runners who were training on a normal 10k daily ended up thinking of the marathon every time they went out to run just 6 miles. That can defeat you quickly.

I try to remember to take it day by day and run by run. Today I finished week1 day 3 and am SO looking forward to the next few runs b/c I'll actually be running more and walking less. Yes, I'm scared but I know I'll finish and feel great afterwards. Those are my non-scale victories...feeling amazing for a whole day after a run.

Plus, I'll get to do several runs in the morning this week, after the sun is up but before breakfast. Right now I run at 5:30 a.m. and it's pitch black. I enjoy it though b/c I'm done before the rest of the house is awake.

Keep pushing! I'll think of you Wednesday on week 2, day 1.

my stats today: 2.11 miles, 211 calories, 30 minutes
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    kirstyfoy wrote: »
    Anyone else getting really bored with the bug that means you can't see your friends statuses? I miss you all. Getting bored of having to look everyone up individually!

so bored of it...
  • kirstyfoy
    So I passed my Ofsted pre registration visit today and went out for a celebratory run 🤣

Felt really good. Really having to concentrate on rhythmic breathing. Made easier by my 3yo giving me hi 5's every time I lapped her!

Stats
    🏁2.17miles/3.49km
    🔥448
    🏃‍♀️14'53
    💖141
  • kirstyfoy
    lfxzn9uy1jx1.jpg
  • kirstyfoy
    @amgreenwell well done! I thought you were starting again so that is amazing! My next run will be Thursday, the last run of week 4 😮

@TavistockToad I cannot believe it still hasn't been fixed!!!
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Is it too late to join the conversation? I have just started C25K and am on Day 2 Week 1. Do you people actually feel the improvement in endurance while your days progress?
  • kirstyfoy
    @TimeToReduceFat no it's never too late to join in! Welcome and congratulations on starting your c25k journey! I'm not sure that in the moment I feel the improvement, particularly on the first run of a new week but that's why I log my stats. That way I can see the improvement, and just being able to complete the 30 minutes for me is an improvement.

The fact that I'm now covering a distance of 3.5k shows my endurance has increased. I definitely don't find it easy though. Just not as bad as I imagined 🤣
  • amgreenwell
    @TimeToReduceFat This is my second time around for c25k and my third time around to begin a running journey. First time I just did it on my own with sort of the same program.
    Anyway, yes, as the weeks build I can tell the improvement in endurance is there. I'm currently only starting my second week this time around, but I'm already feeling better than I did day one. You may not realize the improvement as much until one day when you run 10 straight minutes or more, and then think, "I could go longer". It's a great feeling.
    Welcome to the group!
  • kirstyfoy
    For a mixture of reasons I didn't get out for a run today so tomorrow I get to do gym and run! Hooray!
  • kirstyfoy
    After 3 days of not running and a day of eating party food 🍽🍫🍩🍪 yesterday (which I did not log on @myfitnesspal 🙄) I got out for a run this morning. PB once again!

🏁2.23miles/3.6km
    🏃‍♀️14'20
    🔥460
    💖 143
    ytou87ygdat2.jpg
  • TimeToReduceFat
    Thanks for the responses.

I sort of completed Day 3 Week 1. But looks like I need to repeat week 1. I’m still not able to run completely.
  • kirstyfoy
    @TimeToReduceFat well done for doing it and not quitting! Have you tried running slower?
  • kirstyfoy
    Whaaat?! No rest day? Trying to work around the Christmas festivities this week but still think I will be running on Christmas day as Monday is a gym day.

My kids have obviously been playing with my Fitbit settings (they like to play with the button and watch the screen light up) coz I freaked out when on my first run I looked to see the distance I'd done to find it measuring cardio activity. However, after freaking out and just getting on with it I logged it and it came up as a run!

Distance a bit down today although I really feel like I ran further. 5 minute runs all completed and felt like I could do more. Recovered well and quickly in 3 minute walks. It gets serious this week with the 3rd and final run being 20 minutes. Today is the first day I've actually thought it's ok I'm going to be able to do that run.

Here's to all the people making an effort with staying on track over Christmas and here's to those who are taking a break - enjoy it!

#c25k #couchto5k #runningforbeginners #myfitnesspal #fitbit #gettingfit #weightlossjourney #getfitnotthin #getfitnotfat6si72atqtfu4.jpg
  • kirstyfoy
    Forgot the stats

🏁2.08miles/3.35km
    🔥425
    🏃‍♀️15'16
    💖134
  • TimeToReduceFat
    kirstyfoy wrote: »
    @TimeToReduceFat well done for doing it and not quitting! Have you tried running slower?

I'll try that today.
  • kirstyfoy
    @TimeToReduceFat How did it go?
  • kirstyfoy
    🎅Christmas Eve run done🎄! Once again forgot to put my Fitbit on from the beginning of my warm up so adding 0.1miles to my distance. Pace is getting quicker and running for 8 minutes at a time was fine! Slightly worried about the jump to 20 minutes with no walking on boxing day but I will do it!
    Merry Christmas to the C25k crew and everyone else 😘 🏁2.16 miles/3.48 km
    🏃‍♀️14'35
    🔥430
    💖141
  • kirstyfoy
    So after throwing my guts up last night (Think it was my body's way of telling me off for over indulgence after a year of mostly good eating) I DID IT. Before my closest friends ask no it wasn't the alcohol lol. I had 1 glass of bucks fizz and 2 of champagne and that was me done! In fact I've just spoken to a neighbour and fellow dog walker who has lost 4 stone this year and she also ended up throwing up this morning. Must try and find my off switch!

Anyway back to the running. The run I feared the most. Week 5 Run 3. No walking! Well other than the 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down but in between those 20 whole minutes of running and I DID IT!

I'm not gonna lie it was tough. Having only run a max of 8 minute blocks using the App it definitely feels like a jump and Laura the coach confirmed it would feel like that but also told me I could do it!

5 minutes felt like a breeze, 10 minutes felt good and I was chuffed to have gone further than 8 minutes. 15 minutes was the wall I just had to run through and Laura reminded me it's just 5 more minutes. When she reminded me 2 minutes to go I ran as fast as I could to try and make up some distance obviously lost from running slower for longer.

🏁2.04miles/3.28km
    🏃‍♀️14'35
    🔥460
    💖143

Just so pleased with myself! Off to have breakfast, a shower and enjoy more family time 😘

Merry Christmas uph9yqgyb4oo.jpg
  • amgreenwell
    @kirstyfoy YOU are KILLING it!! I'm so jealous. We've had nothing but rain for days. I did get in one run over the Christmas holiday while visiting my in laws but I'm just starting week 3, day 1 tomorrow. I signed up for and paid for (which means I can't back out) a 5k on Feb. 9th. First one I've run in several years so I'm pretty darn excited. I've just gotta push through these next few weeks so I can feel good for the race.
    I hope you continue to feel better and keep on running! I'm excited for you!