ANOTHER SIZE!

Hi there! Okay, so I was back home with family this weekend and one of my sisters told me that my pants were too big and that I needed a new pair. I conceded and went to the store. Well, I didn't think my pants were a WHOLE SIZE too big! I got 3 new pair of pants that were smaller! Hooray! So far I've gone from a 22 to a 16. Each smaller size I buy gives me that much more drive to continue to lose. One of the 3 pair of pants I got is too snug at the moment but should hopefully fit perfectly in about 3 weeks. Hooray! It's such a good feeling!

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Hi there! Okay, so I was back home with family this weekend and one of my sisters told me that my pants were too big and that I needed a new pair. I conceded and went to the store. Well, I didn't think my pants were a WHOLE SIZE too big! I got 3 new pair of pants that were smaller! Hooray! So far I've gone from a 22 to a 16. Each smaller size I buy gives me that much more drive to continue to lose. One of the 3 pair of pants I got is too snug at the moment but should hopefully fit perfectly in about 3 weeks. Hooray! It's such a good feeling!
  • Wtg that's great! I can't wait to drop my 1st dress size in 2 yrs :)
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I am so happy for you....yesterday I was doing the happy dance for a similar reason...my mom gave me a new pair of pants for Christmas and yesterday I took them off without unbuttoning them....I had to call my sister only because I knew she would undertand...my DH would just **** his head with that "look"....once again woop woop :happy:

dd:wink:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Good for you!!! I'm so jealous. I gained a pound back this past week. :grumble: I wanted to go to Wally World and buy a pair of 16's but never got around to it. :ohwell: Well you keep up the good work. What an inspiration for the rest of us! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Heh I have a couple paper bags in the closet. This bag is this waist size, years ago. This bag is a slighter larger waist size, a year or so ago, this bag is the next waist size, 6 months ago. :) I have cloths I would not have worn for years if I can lose some weight. But this is better. I think buying new is much more fun!
    Tim
  • Can I ask you....how are you doing this? You're the first person on here who looks relatively close to my age. I'm 24 years old. I've been a size 12 for most of my life and over the last year or so I've blown up like a tick! I'm now a 16 and think I'm pushing it. I should really be in an 18 I think but won't allow myself to go to the store to buy a new pair of pants. I'm so friggen depressed because of this. I just can't seem to get motivated.

This afternoon I had a meeting and lunch was provided. I walk in and there's a huge italian hero in front of me.....I took two slices and didn't eat the bread. I just attempted to figure out the calories on here and it was nuts! I thought I was making the right choices....the old me would have eaten both slices with the bread. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Alright, good for you!!! I am currently in a 14 and am probably going to have to dig out my size 12's. I have one pair of 16's (bought after pregnancy) that are too big now and I have to wear a tight belt so I don't have plumbers butt!!!

I think this is the first week I have noticed it in my clothes.
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Kudos for you!

I know the feeling of success like this well. In November I'd resigned myself to never wearing some of the nicer suits and slacks in my closet because of the size I'd become so I boxed everything up for Goodwill -- fortunately I procrastinated long enough so that they're all back in the closet and the bigger clothing sets are now in the box and waiting to go out the door.

What a come back for you keep up the good work!
  • kristie874
    Can I ask you....how are you doing this? You're the first person on here who looks relatively close to my age. I'm 24 years old. I've been a size 12 for most of my life and over the last year or so I've blown up like a tick! I'm now a 16 and think I'm pushing it. I should really be in an 18 I think but won't allow myself to go to the store to buy a new pair of pants. I'm so friggen depressed because of this. I just can't seem to get motivated.

This afternoon I had a meeting and lunch was provided. I walk in and there's a huge italian hero in front of me.....I took two slices and didn't eat the bread. I just attempted to figure out the calories on here and it was nuts! I thought I was making the right choices....the old me would have eaten both slices with the bread. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't give up! I'm 31 and began gaining weight about 6 years ago. I used to be an 8 then, one day, it seems, I woke up and was a 16. It felt like the next day I woke up and was a 22! How the heck did that happen!? I haven't recognized myself in pictures for a LONG time. It's a long, sometimes painful, road. It took me about a year to lose my first 40 pounds because I was only putting in a little effort. Finally I joined Curves and started going about 3 times a week. Weight didn't seem to be coming off because I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have to food. A friend introduced me to this site and it's been a life saver! I've never thought I was one who needed outside support, but I do! I've tinkered with my food and calories to find what works best for me. Now I work out at Curves 3 times a week (otherwise I would be getting in no strength training because I hate it) and do 4 miles on my treadmill twice a week. I'm trying to train myself to be able to jog. I eat about 1300-1500 calories on the days that I work out and have been able to lose pretty consistently. Some weeks it's a wash, some it's great. I don't generally work out or count calories on weekends but I do pay attention to my portions and don't "cheat" all weekend. It takes a lot of patience, hard work, and a lot of picking myself up by my bootstraps for it to work. It really is a slow process but I know that every day that I get through within my calories I'm going to be better for it. If you want to send me a message I can let you know what my typical daily meals are. It might give you some ideas that you can incorporate into your life. I try to plan everything I might want before I leave for work and I keep it at my desk. I feel like I'm eating all day! LOL Just not big portions. You can do this! I'll add you to my friends thing...just send me a message if you want any of my ideas. :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Congratulations!! It's much more fun to shop for a smaller size :happy: Wahoo!!!!!
  • Congratulations to you! I am trying to get off my baby weight from from daughter who is 15 months. I have no excuses now. Keep up the great work.
  • :flowerforyou:
    you are a fabulous inspiration
    well done
  • kristie874
    Thanks, everyone, for all of your kind words! :) We can all get to our goals! :)
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Good for you!!! I'm so jealous. I gained a pound back this past week. :grumble: I wanted to go to Wally World and buy a pair of 16's but never got around to it. :ohwell: Well you keep up the good work. What an inspiration for the rest of us! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Wally World is a real place? Or are you living in a Chevy Chase movie? ^_^ I live in Las Vegas....what do I know..
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member

Wally World is a real place? Or are you living in a Chevy Chase movie? ^_^ I live in Las Vegas....what do I know..

:laugh: No, that's what my family calls WalMart.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member

:laugh: :laugh: ha ha thats funny! My friends and i call it that sometimes too
  • Good for you!!! I'm so jealous. I gained a pound back this past week. :grumble: I wanted to go to Wally World and buy a pair of 16's but never got around to it. :ohwell: Well you keep up the good work. What an inspiration for the rest of us! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :laugh: ha ha thats funny! My friends and i call it that sometimes too

I know this is off subject, but I thought I would share my family's nickname for K-Mart
    K-mapart (came apart) It's a long story, but it is still funny to me.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Congrats! There is no better feeling than not only getting smaller but realizing that what you are doing is working! Great job!