Mini Challenge: 10lbs down by Valentines Day? <3

Replies

• LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    I’m in! I’ll weigh in Saturday to post starting weight and then I won’t have access to a scale for awhile. 😱 i’m going to aim for an 8 pound loss because I’m trying to lose a pound a week. Good luck, all!
  • prettyt8275
    prettyt8275 Posts: 45 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Fridays are my standing weekly weigh-in elsewhere, so it keeps things simple to do the same here ....

SW this challenge: 144.6
    Dec 21: 143.3 (-1.3 so far)

That's awesome, keep up the good work!
  • PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    bfse8ekbbsdz.gif

NICE! Well done ladies.

I was 170.5 last week. This morning... a delightful, if slightly baffling, 168.5. It's the week after my period, so I'm assuming that's behind the drop!

This next week will be tricky! I'm visiting family for Christmas Day, so I'm fairly sure that accurate logging will go out the window for the day! My mother (bless her) has come up with a vegan Christmas menu just for me, which should keep the calories in the realms of sensibleness.

But I'm going to enjoy myself. It's only one day. Then back to business!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    133, which is probably good, since I'm sure it will go up again over the next week. (I'm okay with that.)

Have a great weekend, everyone! :)
  • PKM0515
    PigHerder wrote: »
    bfse8ekbbsdz.gif

NICE! Well done ladies.

I was 170.5 last week. This morning... a delightful, if slightly baffling, 168.5. It's the week after my period, so I'm assuming that's behind the drop!

This next week will be tricky! I'm visiting family for Christmas Day, so I'm fairly sure that accurate logging will go out the window for the day! My mother (bless her) has come up with a vegan Christmas menu just for me, which should keep the calories in the realms of sensibleness.

But I'm going to enjoy myself. It's only one day. Then back to business!

Ooh, I hope you'll post your Mom's vegan menu! I'm very interested.

Enjoy!
  • PigHerder
    PigHerder Posts: 89 Member
    @SarahKim17 This is what she has come up with (and she's not vegan, or even veggie, so this is a big deal for her):
    • Starter: Mini Vegetable Tartlets: Sweet Potato, red pepper and spring onion with a red Thai curry sauce in crisp filo pastry, served with a salad.
    • Main: Mushroom and Cranberry Puff Pastry Parcel, served with all the usual Christmas veg (most of which is already vegan, but my carrots and roast potatoes are being made separately to avoid honey and goose fat)
    • Dessert: "Vegan Trifle" which appears to be the same as a traditional British trifle, but made with soy cream, veggie jelly, and dairy free sponge.

Pretty impressive for a first time vegan chef! FYI - I volunteered to bring my own dinner so she didn't have to go to any trouble, but she was having none of it. Always the sensible one, she pointed out that most of my stuff can be made in advance, so there is actually minimal extra hassle on the day.

What is everyone else having for Christmas dinner?
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    We are not vegan/veg (but those dishes sound SOOOOO good and I want to try them!) so we're doing our traditional fried turkey, bacon brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, cornbread dressing, and a three-layer something that is very chocolatey and decadent for dessert.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    We're having "Ye Olde Traditional Turkey Day Meal" on the 23d for my mom's birthday, and she will be having Christmas Day Dinner with my brother's (not-so-extended this year) in-laws. There will be a chocolate biscuits-and-whippining-cream dessert log. But also served at noon, so that makes it easier to make it "almost all the daily calories in one go" situation.

Christmas Day (Dec 25) will be a tourtiere (French Canadian Ground Meat Pie - can't make the input do accents) and possibly home-made turkey soup on the side.

By the way, NEVER feel you are lying when you say something is "home-baked" if the bakery (or bazzar bake table) is inside the city limits .... Phyllis Diller Housekeeping Hint # 49 I extend that reasoning to things like tourtiere (as it has a baked crust ) The soup made from leftover turkey really will be assembled by me.
  • prettyt8275
    Yesterday I went to Texas Roadhouse. I over indulged. But today I was very strict with myself. Tomorrow is another day! I will do well! By the grace of God!!!
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    I weighed in this morning at 173, so my goal for Vday will be 165! My goal for February 1st is 167 so that’s well matched. Today was a travel day so I ate at maintenance calories and got no exercise, hopefully I can do better tomorrow!
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    edited December 2018
    Highest Weight: 190
    Challenge Goal: 139.4
    Ultimate Goal: 120

Dec 16 - 149.4
    Dec 23 - 147.7
  • PKM0515
    @PigHerder, your Mom's vegan menu sounds delightful!
  • prettyt8275
    Dec 17=144.5-145 lbs
    Dec 24=141.5 lbs
    Dec 31=??? lbs 🧐😭😭😀
    Today’s weigh in! Yay I lost 3 pounds, even with my cheat day! Intermittent fasting is very helpful!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    "Inadvertent Intermittent Fasting" works too .... :D Yesterday, hosted the Turkey With Trimmings and Rich Dessert for my son and mom to celebrate her birthday. Served at noon (VERY a-typical for us) ... too busy with final prep in the morning to have much more than a cup of coffee .... wonderful, large meal at noonish (basically all daily allotment in one meal) ... never did get hungry for anything more .... burned an extra 190 calories on my mini-trampoline after everyone went home .... which they did relatively early, because the Dinner had been at noon....
  • fitalie93
    fitalie93 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm in!
    CW 106
    GW 97-95