Restarting MFP

I’m back to using MFP and comitting to myself to stick with it until I reach my goal. I had used it previously to help me lose the baby weight 2 years ago but I still have 15-20 lbs I’d like to lose to feel completely comfortable. I’m 5’9 and 172 right now, looking to get back to 155. That’s where I remember feeling best. Happy to have found this board and nice to see so many people using this app 😊

Replies

• jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me... Let's do this 🙌
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Welcome and best of luck. You can do it. Stay Strong
  • hillarysmith0529
    hillarysmith0529 Posts: 43 Member
    Thank you! Best wishes to you both too 🙌💪
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Good luck x
  • lvmycats
    lvmycats Posts: 33 Member
    I’m in a similar situation! 15 pounds left to lose, feel free to add me
  • TariDoesLife
    TariDoesLife Posts: 2 Member
    I'm also restarting MFP! I ran a marathon 4 years ago and since then I've been turned just downright sedentary. I haven't run in over 2 years. I just had my physical and my cholesterol is 302 - so depressing! I'm 5'7" and 179. I've gained almost 20 lbs in the last 6 months. My goal weight is 145. I'm an RN too - you'd think I knew better. But knowing and *doing* are 2 different things! Merry Christmas y'all and feel free to friend me!
  • Fatty2fab13
    Fatty2fab13 Posts: 12 Member
    Haay also back. Good luck and gonna send an add
  • hillarysmith0529
    I'm also restarting MFP! I ran a marathon 4 years ago and since then I've been turned just downright sedentary. I haven't run in over 2 years. I just had my physical and my cholesterol is 302 - so depressing! I'm 5'7" and 179. I've gained almost 20 lbs in the last 6 months. My goal weight is 145. I'm an RN too - you'd think I knew better. But knowing and *doing* are 2 different things! Merry Christmas y'all and feel free to friend me!

Congrats on restarting! We can do this! 💪 I’ll send a friend request 😊
  • lvigesaa
    lvigesaa Posts: 12 Member
    Hi! I’m also restarting after gaining back about 10 pounds and back to bad eating habits. Hoping a group will help me keep motivated.
  • TheGetFitGal
    TheGetFitGal Posts: 98 Member
    Hello! Restarting too! Need to lose 30 pounds
  • mikepierce55
    mikepierce55 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi....just need to lose 10-15 pounds but it's hard, especially around the holidays. We all need encouragement.
  • AtlantaJJ
    AtlantaJJ Posts: 7 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi!! I should just start!! I never really started tracking food on MFP. I just track my workouts here. I’m rather annoyed by the premium cost. I like FatSecret because the let you track all nutrients for free but their workout tracking is horrible. But I need to have my workouts and food tracking on one app.

I always have the most success when I am tracking my food.

This community seems to be super supportive! I wish you all the best in your health and fitness goals!
    I forgot to mention, I need to loose 10 lbs. I’m 5’11” muscular. I should be around 168 lbs, I’m afraid to get on the scales now. I fell off the wagon around Thanksgiving.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Yes MFP made me drop weight Quick, then I ran into gaining again. Looking to get more muscle and even out this body
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    I've restarted as well in the last few weeks
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    AtlantaJJ wrote: »
    Hi!! I should just start!! I never really started tracking food on MFP. I just track my workouts here. I’m rather annoyed by the premium cost. I like FatSecret because the let you track all nutrients for free but their workout tracking is horrible. But I need to have my workouts and food tracking on one app.

This community seems to be super supportive! I wish you all the best in your health and fitness goals!
    I forgot to mention, I need to loose 10 lbs. I’m 5’11” muscular. I should be around 168 lbs, I’m afraid to get on the scales now. I fell off the wagon around Thanksgiving.

Yeah, Thanksgiving was where I was like ok, you need to get a handle on this.
  • hillarysmith0529
    AtlantaJJ wrote: »

Same here lol I track my workouts but I need to get back to tracking food again! I hope you’re able to log all your stuff in one place, it definitely makes things easier! Best of luck to you, we can do it 💪 I’ll send a friend request 😊
  • rachelleo27
    rachelleo27 Posts: 6 Member
    Welcome back. I'm restarting MFP after 3 years. Feel free to add me! :)
  • owlfitness95
    owlfitness95 Posts: 40 Member
    Welcome back! I'm restarting too, feel free to add me 😊
  • TamaraWisniewskiKozak
    TamaraWisniewskiKozak Posts: 8 Member
    edited December 2018
    I am starting again too. I am considering upgrading to the premium, does anyone have the premium settings and feel it is worth the extra money? I lost about 20 pounds from January to June of last year and have stayed the same but fell off the wagon due to graduate school, parenting, teaching...life! I want to lose twenty-thirty pounds in 2019 and MFP is my go to place for that goal. I need to reboot my exercise and meal planning.
  • NvrGivUpM8
    NvrGivUpM8 Posts: 78 Member
    Good luck! You'll reach your goals for sure!