Intermittent Feasting

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    That so-called "ginger wine" is just a strong ginger drink, no alcohol. I've been adding a small volume to a glass of sparkling water. And there was no prawn or prawn flavor in the crisps - the flavor was the cocktail sauce instead.

I wish it was called something else. Labels bother me when I am avoiding all alcohol, though Ginger Ale and Root Beer are pretty accepted as soft drink names. Ginger Beer usually seems to be an alcoholic beverage though.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    If you can find the British McVities Digestive biscuits (cookies) they make an amazing substitute for graham crackers in cheesecake crust.
  • CarvedTones
    If you can find the British McVities Digestive biscuits (cookies) they make an amazing substitute for graham crackers in cheesecake crust.

In a lot of things, I like finely chopped pecans mixed in with the graham cracker crumbs.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    That so-called "ginger wine" is just a strong ginger drink, no alcohol. I've been adding a small volume to a glass of sparkling water. And there was no prawn or prawn flavor in the crisps - the flavor was the cocktail sauce instead.

Google tells me that it has alcohol in it. There's also a recipe for it in the Guardian that makes it sound like it's definitely a type of alcohol. That said, if I was wanting a fizzy really gingery drink, I would either make unfermented ginger beer or make ginger syrup and mix it with carbonated water (which I might do this afternoon).
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    aokoye wrote: »

Google tells me that it has alcohol in it. There's also a recipe for it in the Guardian that makes it sound like it's definitely a type of alcohol. That said, if I was wanting a fizzy really gingery drink, I would either make unfermented ginger beer or make ginger syrup and mix it with carbonated water (which I might do this afternoon).

Thanks, I thought that was the case.. thanks for the confirmation.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Going to have more of that apple pie later - it's my birthday. Then back to it tomorrow; I want to get lower in my maintenance range.

Happy late birthday!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,717 Member
    ElC_76 wrote: »

Adding my thanks as well for the clarification.
    This is what I got. The cashier lady was therefore incorrect when she used the term ginger wine, or else she just didn't look carefully.

https://www.rochesterginger.com.au/

and @CarvedTones Happy Birthday!!
  • CarvedTones

Adding my thanks as well for the clarification.
    This is what I got. The cashier lady was therefore incorrect when she used the term ginger wine, or else she just didn't look carefully.

https://www.rochesterginger.com.au/

and @CarvedTones Happy Birthday!!

Thanks!

That looks interesting; I really like ginger. So I found it is available from some Amazon sellers in the US. $60 for 2 bottles. Yikes! There is a candy and soda store in town called Rocket Fizz that carries a few good ginger ales. I like Blenheim Hot Ginger Ale but don't get it often. Full sugar sodas really don't make this list for me except on rare occasions. A ginger ale or other non alcoholic ginger drink that is highly regarded and I haven't tried yet is kind of a non specific item that does make the list though. But the price to get Rochester here kind of kills the deal...
  • CarvedTones
    I have always liked Lindor balls, but the white with crushed peppermint is a new one to me. Consumed a number of them the last few days. I guess it makes the list of "worth it" foods.

I have the black eyed peas tradition passed down from my mom's side of the family and I keep doing it because it reminds me of her. Yesterday i tried something new and basically subbed black eyed peas for red beans in a red beans and rice recipe and added chicken. It was actually quite tasty.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,717 Member
    Thanks!

That looks interesting; I really like ginger. So I found it is available from some Amazon sellers in the US. $60 for 2 bottles. Yikes! There is a candy and soda store in town called Rocket Fizz that carries a few good ginger ales. I like Blenheim Hot Ginger Ale but don't get it often. Full sugar sodas really don't make this list for me except on rare occasions. A ginger ale or other non alcoholic ginger drink that is highly regarded and I haven't tried yet is kind of a non specific item that does make the list though. But the price to get Rochester here kind of kills the deal...

I discovered Rocket Fizz when visiting San Luis Obispo a couple of months ago. Great store! what a collection of goodies!
    I've been diluting the ginger drink quite a bit in fizzy water - about 1:10.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    We have a Rocket Fizz too! I've never been in there, but I would like to.
  • CarvedTones
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    We have a Rocket Fizz too! I've never been in there, but I would like to.

It's like one of those candy stores at a theme park plus it has the sodas. I should probably log a few calories just from breathing the air in there.
  • ElC_76
    This might touch someone's fancy... ;):p

q5ev5rqzqakm.jpg

https://youtu.be/UTf_3h_4qo4
  • CarvedTones

q5ev5rqzqakm.jpg

Can you provide some details on what this is?
  • ElC_76

q5ev5rqzqakm.jpg

https://youtu.be/UTf_3h_4qo4

Sorry, this bottom picture is a video link, but here is the written recipe...

p7cn0pcxwpni.jpg

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

q5ev5rqzqakm.jpg

More calories than there are in the world...
  • ElC_76

q5ev5rqzqakm.jpg

More calories than there are in the world...

True!..

Suggestion... substitute for lower calorie ingredients to suit your needs

Same with other recipes I use.