January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    @7lenny7 Thanks! It is good to be back up and running :)
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    I am new to this challenge. I was doing pretty good with running until I developed plantar fasciitis in one foot in November. After babying it and cutting way back on my miles, I am easing back into it. I have a half marathon to run in February, so I hope the injury didn't set me back too bad.

My goal for January is 40 miles.

Welcome!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Don’t forget teams are still forming, if you are interested in joining a team to run/walk/crawl a cumulative 2019 miles in 2019.

It is through an organization outside of mfp and does require a minimum registration fee of 25$. More if you want swag.

The thread is here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710465/2019-run-the-year-group/p1

We need a few more to have 5 teams!
  • Elise4270
    Welcome @hoshaugh73 and @Squish815 . I’m sure there are others mention by name, you have to forgive me. It’s early and I’m am still cross eyed. Know you are welcome here.

We need a monthly question. I wanted to do brain sex but can not find an acceptable quiz to link. I doubt in my morning stupor that I can muster a relevant question, or any question out side “why did DH drink all my almond milk that I so desperately need for my coffee this morning”? I haven’t got the question, who does?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Welcome @hoshaugh73 and @Squish815 . I’m sure there are others mention by name, you have to forgive me. It’s early and I’m am still cross eyed. Know you are welcome here.

We need a monthly question. I wanted to do brain sex but can not find an acceptable quiz to link. I doubt in my morning stupor that I can muster a relevant question, or any question out side “why did DH drink all my almond milk that I so desperately need for my coffee this morning”? I haven’t got the question, who does?

Brain sex? Is that like reading a really good book? Or something different like ASMR?
  • Elise4270
    Oh @PastorVincent , it’s too early for me to look up asmr and even slightly follow the notion. So, with that I’ll clarify brain sex.

It’s a “is your brain male or female” it not a sex really, more how do you think and what are your strengths. Male is good at guy type stuff, female brain are good at female tasks.

I’m sure I’d score right down the middle. I’m neuter. Maybe more male.... but I wanna test. For fun. It’s still to early for me to be thinking out loud.... sorry.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Oh @PastorVincent , it’s too early for me to look up asmr and even slightly follow the notion. So, with that I’ll clarify brain sex.

It’s a “is your brain male or female” it not a sex really, more how do you think and what are your strengths. Male is good at guy type stuff, female brain are good at female tasks.

I’m sure I’d score right down the middle. I’m neuter. Maybe more male.... but I wanna test. For fun. It’s still to early for me to be thinking out loud.... sorry.

ASMR is a "hot new trend" of videos that some people claim creates pleasurable feelings in their mind when they watch/listen. Something akin to the "pleasurable chills when someone gently strokes your neck or plays with your hair" or something like that. I think I am too much of a cave man to follow this one :lol:

Here: https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/10/23/asmr-what-is-it-and-why-are-people-into-it_a_23251929/
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited December 2018

ASMR is a "hot new trend" of videos that some people claim creates pleasurable feelings in their mind when they watch/listen. Something akin to the "pleasurable chills when someone gently strokes your neck or plays with your hair" or something like that. I think I am too much of a cave man to follow this one :lol:

Here: https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/10/23/asmr-what-is-it-and-why-are-people-into-it_a_23251929/

i find a lot of these with audiobooks on youtube. not really my thing but kinda nice to fall asleep to
  • Elise4270

Ugh. No touchy. I'll pass there.