Let's Do this! - 2019 Challenge - Be the best you can be!

Replies

• pinkmomma6
    pinkmomma6 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m in!

Starting weight: 228
    Goal weight: 130
    Current weight: 228
    Total weight lost: 0
    This week's successes: 0
    This week's challenges: Holiday Treats
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    @loonyhiker I have the same problem with my exercise rings sometimes. I find that I have to be walking at least 3.5 mph in order to keep my heart rate up enough to be considered "Exercise" on the Apple Watch. My Move ring is a completely different animal. Some days I feel like I get too much credit for my MOVE ring. There are days that I haven't even worked out and I only have 2 minutes of "Exercise", but I easily get more than 400 MOVE calories. I don't get it.

I do try to stand at work for a few hours a day, so maybe that helps. Who knows, it is really a mystery to me.
  • msarobix
    Hi @pinkmomma6 Welcome to the challenge.

Yes, Holiday Treats are a big downfall for me as well. Luckily the holidays will be over soon and we can all go back to normal.
  • loonyhiker
    loonyhiker Posts: 81 Member
    @msarobix I have been walking at 3.2 mph for 3 min. And then 3.5 mph for 2 min and repeat for a total of 60 min. My exercise ring has been closing after 30 min. If I just walk at 3.2 mph, it doesn’t close.

My knitting and spinning gets my movement ring closed easily. I had to go in and increase the calories goal.
  • Hello!
    I have a 9 month old and 2 dogs that LOVE to help me exercise...LOL I am excited to join this challenge. I have an Apple Watch and wouldnt mind to add friends to do some challenges and to keep me accountable.

My Goals:
    * Find a workout routine that works
    * Drink water
    * Stop using excuses as to why I haven't lost all the baby weight
    * Journal food daily (hardest for me to keep up)
  • StacySunshine8
    StacySunshine8 Posts: 30 Member
    I would love to do this challenge with you guys. I’m new. I got an iwatch for Christmas. I was using a Fitbit and I have had a gym membership since October. I just downloaded this app yesterday. Holidays are tough but I did better this year than I usually do.
  • milley1985
    milley1985 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm keen to join, i don't have an apple watch though.
  • msarobix
    @loonyhiker LOL! I have noticed when I do a lot of knitting my move ring closes more quickly also. But sometimes I am aggressively knitting so I wonder if that is why. Other times when I am just casually knitting I don't notice an increase.
  • msarobix
    @jhonnamitchell618 Welcome to the group. I will send you a private message so we can hook up on the Apple Watch.

It isn't going to be something that I try to tackle in the first couple of months in 2019, but I need to start tracking my food as well. I figure once I get my workouts back on track if I am still not losing the way I hope I will need to dig into my diet to see what the problem is. But I know I don't want to have to track my food for eternity.
  • msarobix
    edited December 2018
    @StacySunshine8 Welcome! Yes, I agree, holidays are super hard. I have the next 5 days off so I hope I don't get to crazy with my diet. I find that if I keep myself occupied I am less likely to feel the need to snack.

I will also send you a private message to link up on Apple Watch.
  • msarobix
    @milley1985 Welcome to the challenge. You don't need an Apple Watch it is just another way to stay motivated. I look forward to getting to know you throughout this challenge.
  • msarobix
    edited December 2018
    Wow! Today few by for me. I didn't have to work today, but I spend the last 16 hours learning about and working on creating a digital planner, and I am still not done.

I did a bit of reading while I had my coffee and breakfast this morning at 7:00 am. Then I started watching videos on digital planning and testing things out in the different apps. Before I knew it, it was 2:00 pm, and I hadn't eaten anything since 7:00 am. My stomach was growling like crazy.

I had some lunch and then set a timer for 2 hours, otherwise I probably would have lost track of time again. When the timer went off I knew I had to get up and workout. I ended up running about 5 miles. there were some walk breaks in there when my heart rate was up. I was using the Peloton App and the workout had specific heart rate goals, so I tried to follow even though I am still pretty much out of shape, and couldn't run the entire time without my heart rate being higher than the instructor wanted

As far as the Digital Planner, I am using an iPad Pro with apps GoodNote and Procreate. I am also utilizing my MacBook Pro with Adobe Illustrator & Indesign, while watching YouTube Videos. There is so much to learn, but I am having so much fun with it.
  • loonyhiker
    loonyhiker Posts: 81 Member
    I hope you enjoy your digital planner. I’ve been doing a bullet journal (not digital) this year and love it. I like using markers and colored pencils to design and decorate my layouts. I guess it is my own adult coloring book. I have been tracking my steps, distance and sugar intake in it.
  • Jaynee1961
    Jaynee1961 Posts: 109 Member
    I’d like to join. I’m starting Jan 1 . I need to lose at least 50 lbs before my knee surgery in June. I have a new fit bit so if anyone wants to friend me for challenges.
  • katefen2
    katefen2 Posts: 3 Member
    Wow, thanks for the inspiration! I’m in. I log everything on my Apple Watch as well. I carry around a litre water bottle with me and try to fill it twice. I’ve been trying to cut down on meat over the last couple of months and have felt better for it.

The second half of 2018 was pretty bad health wise for me. I struggled with a back injury for a few months and then in November I had surgery on my abdominal area so my core strength, what little I had, has completely gone and I’ve done little exercise.

My goals for 2019 are to exercise regularly every week, lose 10 kg, eat more healthily and drink a lot less alcohol.
  • msarobix
    @loonyhiker

I had planned on starting a bullet journal this year, using stickers and doodling. In fact I had the first couple of weeks set up for January, and then I found the digital planning. I can do all the same things digitally as I would be able to do in a paper journal, and more with the digital version. My pens will never run out of ink, and I have an unlimited number of colors. Plus, I can use the stickers OVER and OVER again, and I can recolor everything. This year I also want to draw more, so I am planning on using Procreate to create my on stickers. Like I need another creative outlet. LOL! But it is fun.
  • msarobix
    @Jaynee1961 Hi, and welcome to the group. We can definitely help to keep you on track to meet your June deadline. Do you have a plan as to how you will get there?
  • msarobix
    @katefen2, Welcome. It sounds like a lot of us have the same goals for 2019. Exercise Regularly, eat better and drink more water. I definitely see a pattern here. Maybe we should have a few challenges involving these 3 things to help us stick to it.

I will send you a private message to connect on Apple Watch, if you are interested that is.
  • msarobix
    I got up early this morning so that I could join a LIVE treadmill running class at 6:00 am. I mentioned yesterday that I am using the app Peloton, and I really think it will keep me motivated to increase my mileage in 2019. I only did about a 2.5 mile run this morning. The class was 30 minutes. I will probably walk another 30 minutes later this afternoon just to get my steps over 10,000 for the day.

For January I want to exercise a minimum of 45-60 minutes daily, walking or running, and hit a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. So far I am averaging over 10,000, but I want to keep it un and try to challenge myself to do more.

Does anyone else have specific daily goals they are trying to meet? What challenges do you have planned for yourself in January?

Is anyone interested in a bit of a competition? You would be competing with yourself to push a little further during each challenge. Let me know and I will come up with the baseline rules.
  • pinkmomma6
    pinkmomma6 Posts: 4 Member
    Yesterday was super easy to stay at my allotted calories of 1200. Today was a birthday party and that went up to 1757 calories ouch! Not a pretty day. This is why we can’t celebrate fun things every day- or at least *I* can’t lol. Here’s to a much better tomorrow!!!