First full year of maintenance/recomping

Each year since I started losing weight I've done a side by side photo so I can see my progress, but this is my first full year of maintenance. Well when I say maintenance I did put on a little during marathon training at the start of the year, about 8lb which i lost very quickly after the race. I then kept at the same weight +/-2lb for around 5 months before doing a mini bulk putting 10lb back on, which again came off very quickly without really trying (my body does seem to like being at 148lb)

Anyhow the photo on left is from this time last year, photo on right from yesterday. I'm trying to decide whether I actually look bigger now than I did last year. I know that my shoulders are bulkier, I've worked very hard on them, . I have a lot of loose skin that isn't going to vanish overnight, if it goes at all, but do I look fatter than last year or is it more muscular. 7v6qd8qf2cfj.jpg

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Really hard to say with the way you’re standing with your arms behind. We don’t even get to really see you shoulders. Tour hair is shorter, that I can say with confidence
  • dailyzey
    dailyzey Posts: 82 Member
    No worries! You look much better and firmer. Congratulations on maintaining for a full year!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I agree that you look better/firmer, but I also see muscular growth in your calves/quads. I'm not surprised by this considering your impressive training and athletic accomplishments.

Congratulations!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    you look thinner in the first photo .. I just looked at your legs from the waist down.. and you could say they are just more muscular in the second photo.
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    To me your skin looks healthier and you look more vibrant. You really have travelled an amazing path--I have followed your posts and you are so impressive!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    I agree that you look better/firmer, but I also see muscular growth in your calves/quads. I'm not surprised by this considering your impressive training and athletic accomplishments.

Congratulations!

Nice one @GottaBurnEmAll, I completely omitted legs. Very good musculature now.

Cheers, h.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Definitely more muscular, especially legs, but also the parts of upper body that are visible. Face looks firmer/more defined (may be partly loose skin tightening up with time, may be recomp effect, hard to tell from a photo). Little things look very different: Look at the curve where your upper chest joins your shoulders: It's a smooth, well-defined curve now, where last year it was a little more undefined, still. Upper arms tighter and smoother.

You work really hard, and are showing good improvements . . . in a phase where such improvements are slow and hard-won. Keep up the goodness: Can't wait to see next year! :flowerforyou:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited December 2018
    Love the new hair!

Stomach has much less roundness.

Hips and thighs are noticeably reduced.

ETA: You look like newbies would describe as more "toned". ;)

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    This looks like a mother and daughter photo! You look so much younger in the recent picture and overall just much healthier :)