Banana celery juice

First time try to blend banana and celery together. It's taste good 😊

Replies

• emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Wat
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    The sugar from the banana helps. Getting smoothies to taste pleasant is a challenge, no?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    I have visions of stringy celery clogging up my blender. I can't imagine much benefit to adding it to a smoothie, but whatever works for you, go for it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I can't imagine those two tastes together, let alone juicing them.

I was a raw vegan for a while (not the Freelee type) and enjoyed all manner of smoothies of the type that combined veggies and fruit. I was a fan of keeping all that fiber, you know? I can't imagine ever once thinking to have added celery to one of the smoothies. It's not the first food that comes to mind when I think of nutrient density.

Generally, I'm not a fan of juicing because it does remove the fiber from foods and think smoothies can be a good option for people who struggle to eat enough veggies. Hiding them in with fruit and some protein like yogurt or protein powder can make a good meal for some.

Saying that, I really can't see what you were aiming for with a celery/banana juice, OP. Can you share what your goals are?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited December 2018
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    This sounds horrible. Just eat your banana and eat your celery. I like peanut butter on my celery actually. Yum.

I think of celery as adding flavor to broths in soups and stews or for adding volume and crunch to higher calorie foods, or, as you said, a vehicle for something else like peanut butter, cream cheese, dip, or hummus. I don't understand wanting to juice it.

This is the second celery juice post. Is that Goop guy getting more traction than I thought?

As a certified nerd, all I keep thinking of is this:

220px-Fifth_Doctor_%28Doctor_Who%29.jpg

100% agree. When I think of blended celery I think of it looking like it was regurgitated. No thanks.

And 🤣🤣🤣
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I really like celery and all these posts are making me want to eat some, but not to juice it.

I don't think the juice would taste bad, just be kind of wasteful. I do like fennel and cucumber in smoothies, though, and just think celery's texture would be a bit harder to deal with.

I only like bananas plain and don't like them in smoothies.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Back when I used to follow that sort of thing :blush: celery juice was touted as a powerful detoxifier that cleaned your blood and was a gut anti inflammatory. :lol:

I have always hated celery. It's just strings with aftertaste to me.

I'd rather blend a banana with some dark leafy greens, chocolate protein powder and milk!
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Is celery juice the miracle fix for 2019? This is the second thread I know of, plus its all over IG.

Not being snarky, just asking.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    :sick:

If I ever need a quick method to throw up, I'll keep that in mind. Celery and banana are the two things that are guaranteed to make me ill.

Try adding a splash of ACV...

B)

Good thing dinner was a couple of hours ago... or I'd be revisiting it right about now. :sick:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2018
  • ladyreva78

If I ever need a quick method to throw up, I'll keep that in mind. Celery and banana are the two things that are guaranteed to make me ill.

B)

Good thing dinner was a couple of hours ago... or I'd be revisiting it right about now. :sick:

I think we might have a winner here. The Hurly Diet Plan (TM) "100% Natural and Organic Smoothie that works with your body to promote effortless weight loss." We're gonna be rich I tell you! Rich!!!

Problem is just that I'll be stuck in a bathroom, hanging over a toilet. So you'll have absolutely no marketing support coming from me.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member

B)

I think we might have a winner here. The Hurly Diet Plan (TM) "100% Natural and Organic Smoothie that works with your body to promote effortless weight loss." We're gonna be rich I tell you! Rich!!!

Problem is just that I'll be stuck in a bathroom, hanging over a toilet. So you'll have absolutely no marketing support coming from me.

But but but can I use your before and after pics, though?

Or should I just 'borrow' some off of Pinterest like all of these scams miracle diets do?
  • ladyreva78

B)

But but but can I use your before and after pics, though?

Or should I just 'borrow' some off of Pinterest like all of these scams miracle diets do?

I could provide before and 'during' pictures.

Not sure how useful those would be :tongue:

After pictures might be a bit more difficult while at the ER getting an IV because of vomiting induced dehydration...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

B)

ACV is sooooooo 2018