Starting over

Not gonna lie... I’m a little scared to be posting here. This is a large community, and I’m sure there are some tight knit groups just like any community. But here I am because I need help to keep me on track.

When I first started using MFP way back in 2013 it really helped me lose weight. I got ready for my wedding and looked great. Then I had a baby and I stopped caring about eating right and exercising.

That “baby” is two years old now and I am two months shy of my 40th birthday. I’m out of shape and 41 lbs overweight. I need to do something. So I subscribed to premium to track my macros and really dig into when I was eating and how much.

I plan to start with walking and light yoga and push myself up to running regularly again. It is so hard to get motivated. I have a total of four children and a demanding career. It’s easy to make excuses about not having enough time. However, I’m keenly aware that if I don’t get started now I will regret it in ten years.

Any advice and/or encouragement is welcome!

Replies

• jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Premium is a great tool so that’s a really good start! I use it to keep close track of everything I eat, and can plan beforehand to see if the meal will really work within my macros. Start there, and you’ll do great.

Also I found that not setting my goal for losing 2 pounds a week was much better for me. 1200 calories a day with a very active lifestyle was not working for me at all ( left me with too little energy and patience for my two young children). That’s just what has worked for me. I hope this helps!!! Wishing you all the best on your journey!😊😀👍

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I didn’t know about the community until recently even though I used this app off and on for a few years. I have found having like minded friends really helps with accountability and motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • VolsG8rH8r
    VolsG8rH8r Posts: 47 Member
    I'm on a similar track. I lost 35 or so pounds back in 2013 but put most of the weight back on. I'm currently getting back into tracking calories and exercising.
    It's all in how much you want it and I'll where I can. Good Luck!
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Hey! In march 2017 I had lost 10 lbs gained some back but not eveything. Met my husband and I been I guess enjoying life lol but this year back in march 2018 year later I decided I been putting it off lots of excuses like going back to school. Right now im around -19 lbs down in total and not giving up I finally don't hate my body but still got like 50 lbs to lose
  • Seabee_74
    Seabee_74 Posts: 26 Member
    Sounds like you have a plan and that's important to reach your goals.. Start with a few supportive and encouraging friends and add more as you go along ! Don't be scared, we're here to help one another !!
  • theresafiesta
    theresafiesta Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I’ve gotten nothing but love from this community so far, and that’s awesome!
  • competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    You gotta great attitude
    You got this
  • MattMarkle
    MattMarkle Posts: 12 Member
    Add me!!
  • gingersnaps7603
    gingersnaps7603 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi! I've been on MFP off and on but am back now for real. I lost about 30 lbs without even really trying and am now at a standstill, for awhile. I'm in my early 40s and since I'm inactive and eat unhealthy I know what is to come if I dont take control now. But I know me, and I cant do it alone. I need a support system. Others to help motivate and keep me accountable. Feel free to add me and we can help each other!!
  • Guard_Dog
    Guard_Dog Posts: 6 Member
    Lost 30+ lbs the first year I used this app and have kept it off for the most part. Learned a few tricks and as you know motivation is key. Starts in your mind, ends in your mind as well. As long as you realize your in it for the long haul and refuse to give up you can't fail. As soon as you start questioning and doubting it ends. Hard work is just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter.

Accountability is huge. I had another account with great partners but something bombed so starting with this new account. Feel free to add me if you'd like and if you want some accountability let me know what helps, support, a nudge when your getting to close to the cliff, whatever. Goes for anyone.
  • Lottieehlers
    Lottieehlers Posts: 30 Member
    Hello
  • Lottieehlers
    Anyone here
  • Lottieehlers
    Talk to me
  • serendipity2018
    serendipity2018 Posts: 9 Member
    Haha similar to my story. Lost weight the same year as you and slowly gained back. Ready for x2
  • Bearded_Beast2019
    Bearded_Beast2019 Posts: 262 Member
    Hello, and welcome to the good life of knowing you have a wonderful community backing you with your decisions! I myself am in need of some guidance and blinders from the carbs haha. I have 80 lbs to lose and I'm going to strive for 2 lbs a week so in case I fall short I know forsure I hit close. I'd love to be there for your journey and I hope you would be there for mine:) anyone may add me. I cant wait to grow stronger while making friends in the process:)
  • batgirl140
    batgirl140 Posts: 433 Member
    I’m here to try things again. I’ve had success before but kids and life happened. I need support to keep me motivated and to help me remember I’m worth it! That all the sacrifice is a way to success! We can do this!
  • Guard_Dog
    Guard_Dog Posts: 6 Member
    Need a little motivation? See this Instagram video by @jockowillink