Need Some Accountabilibuddies!

TheDogAteMyDiet
TheDogAteMyDiet Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey ya'll! Let me state the obvious by saying that I'm new to MFP! (Well, new in the sense that I have a new account since I can't remember the one I had a couple years ago.) My name is Katie, and my dog did not eat my diet. I did. In fact, I don't even own a dog. I'm nearing 30, so currently feel like a decrepit old lady.

This is NOT my first attempt at a healthy lifestyle, but it will be the last. (Because it's going to stick this time, not because I'm going to quit after the inevitable buffet binge. Let me clarify that.)

I have gotten within ten pounds of my goal weight, TWICE, and then got pregnant, TWICE! I got within 25 pounds before my sweet husband got cancer. TWICE! I've spent so long taking care of the wonderful people in my life that I've had a hard time taking care of me. But no more. My children are old enough to entertain themselves for a bit while I exercise or prepare healthy meals. My husband is in remission and is eager to get back to the gym with me. And I'm 3.6 pounds more than my previous heaviest weight, so that's highly motivating. I'm bringing healthy back!

What I learned in my past, it's way more fun if you have people with you on this journey. It's not fun to be a small town girl livin' in a lonely weight loss world. (Pun alert. Journey. Get it?) So I'd love some friends that can motivate me and that I can also cheer! If you're interested in being friends, shoot me a comment and I'll add you, or you can just add me and skip the middle man!

Looking forward to meeting ya'll and kicking our goals' jiggly butts together!

Replies

• Lynn5525
    Lynn5525 Posts: 2 Member
    Im here with ya!
  • GIRLPOWER7113
    GIRLPOWER7113 Posts: 26 Member
    Add me let's do this 😊
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Oooooh I’ll add ya!!
  • __MamaBear__
    __MamaBear__ Posts: 22 Member
    I need some too! I'm (basically) new too. Im 5'7 weighing 205lbs and feel miserable. I work at a computer all day everyday and when I get home it's the mommy life style and working out just seems like a hassle so I have wine instead of a walk. 😣
  • FemmeBritt
    FemmeBritt Posts: 10 Member
    Welcome back. Today is day 1 for me being back to MFP. I was here a few years ago and had a different account, can't remember my login credentials. Anyhow, like you, I have spent time taking care of other people. I don't have children, it's primarily been my mother who has congestive heart failure (who now needs a transplant, but doesn't qualify because her BMI is too high.... we're both losing weight together) and my grandmother. I have always put everyone else first, neglecting myself, resulting in me letting myself go. I am now overweight and without the confidence and looks I once had. I want it back. I'm taking my body back, my health back.... I'm playing for keeps. Anyhow, I'd love to connect with you and be buddies on here :) .
  • TheDogAteMyDiet
    So happy to meet everyone! Thanks for the adds! Let's dominate!
  • katieflaniken2017
    katieflaniken2017 Posts: 19 Member
    I'll add you, too!
  • awlove2007
    awlove2007 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,I.m Lois,I'm 280 pounds,5 foot,54 years old feeling uncomfortable,back hurts when on my feet,I need to get a job but now how I am on my feet,probably won't last long,I like to go take my dog for a walk but afraid of getting out of breath before getting home.I don't really have anyone for support so I would like a buddy,if that's ok.
  • lisagclonmel47
    lisagclonmel47 Posts: 21 Member
    Could really do with some accountability friends too ☹️
  • TheDogAteMyDiet
    Welcome aboard the accountability train! Choo choo! Glad to meet all of you! 😊
  • Would love a buddy too! 45 years old, 5’ 11 and just exceeded my highest pregnancy weight of 308. I have got to do something with my weight. Ive always been overweight but 5 years ago had a full thyroidectomy and have gained 38 lbs since my surgery. I want to feel better and am ready to get busy! Please add me!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10713956/ultimate-accountability-challenge-uac-january-2019#latest is a great month-by-month way to build up self-awareness and accountability habits.

Take a read of the descriptions and testimonials, and follow the link there to join the group if it looks like it would suit. It can work for ANY activity level or type, personal eating plan, and where you are in your journey (barely beginning through keeping on track for maintenance).

You will never be "out of the challenge" As will be explained in the FAQs at this link, if you "use all 3 of your passes" your name won't be on the virtual Winner's Circle for the month, but you WILL be supported and encouraged to carry on with practicing the accountability steps. Those that keep on reports and try again the next month are the true winners of this challenge. I have just finished my 3rd month, and will be back there again in January. Hope to see some of you there.
  • TheDogAteMyDiet
    I'm so excited to have so many motivational, inspiring new friends!
  • TheDogAteMyDiet
    Hey everyone! Just bumping this post a little. It's sad but so manny of my friends have already fizzled out. 😢 Could use some new, wonderful, motivational "pals!"
  • Lambacker
    Lambacker Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! 👋 love your story and your honesty, it’s beautiful! I’m motivated, I’m a little over a week in to mfp and so far I love it! I’ve been attempting at losing weight since 6 weeks post partum and have successfully lost 25lbs since oct (thank you breastfeeding!) Now I have the last stubborn 20lbs. Looking to build my community as well!
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Lets do this journey! Your story is so motivating and inspiring! Anyone feel free to send me a friend request!