Weekly Post 17/12/2018 - 23/12/2018

Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,937 Member
Hello all.

Hope you are doing well. On the home stretch here. Couple more days of work and then heading down south to see my family.

Speak to you soon.

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,505 Member
    Christmas shopping is mostly done. Had a sort-of fast today. Children everywhere are losing their minds. Why isn't it Friday yet?! LOL Have a great week, all!
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!

Too funny @KateNkognito! Seems like everybody in the stores has that crazed look on their face! We are on the home stretch! One week from today, it will be Christmas WOW!

Hope you all are well. Chat soon.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!
    Hope your week is going well.
    We arrived safely in Florida. Sunny and 77 degrees so far.
    Heading out to the grocery stores soon. Tis the season!
    See you soon
  • KateNkognito
    I saw the moon on the way home. That explains the exceptional level of crazy that has been achieved by the children. One more day...
    I hope you all are celebrating merrily!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited December 2018
    I’m still coughing... it’s just this annoying little tickle!! No other cold symptoms! Husband bought eucalyptus oil for our steam shower so I’m gonna use that tomorrow! Hope that helps

Drinking wine most nights so I’m pretty confident my “cold” is lingering because of that! Can’t have any fun without punishment I guess!

Have a great holiday Meghan enjoy the weather!! We had a huge wind storm today which took out our power for most of the day... luckily we have a gas bbq!!

Kate, enjoy your break from the crazy!!! You deserve to put your feet up but do enjoy your holiday time!!

Cheers to all.... who is fasting here????
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Happy Holidays everyone...

...been on the naughty list as far as fasting goes, but a new year's a'coming. Hope to be back at it with you all soon.

Cheers,
    Rus
  • Meghan509
    Happy holidays everyone!

Oh yes. Back on the diet wagon on 1/1. :D

See you soon. <3
  • KateNkognito
    Merry Christmas to all!!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Merry Christmas gang!
  • KateNkognito
    I have never wanted to fast so much in my life, but we still have people in town and I can't. Ugh! My poor tummy! I believe I will order salads wherever we go the next few days. I hope you all are recovering nicely from Christmas and are looking forward to a happy New Year!
  • Meghan509
    Hi gang!
    Hope you are having a nice holiday break.
    We are back from our trip to Florida to see family. We had a nice time.
    Going to see some more family today. Tonight I am looking forward to making a nice salmon and green beans for dinner. :)
    We are going to a friend's house for NYE.
    See you soon! Happy New Year!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Kate I hear ya... fasting is required immediately. I’ve got to be honest here.. I’ve eaten an entire Christmas cake! Yup gone. Yesterday it was gone.... 4 days!!! I know people joke about those things but my mother makes the most savory sweet & moist Christmas cake! I started with one slice then an other... then snuck another and then, well the last slice was more of a wedge! Omg. Did I mention I also have the best recipe for butter tarts!!! They’re gone too!

I’m hanging my head in shame!!!!

I’m heading for a walk soon down by the beach, it’s cold and sunny today and I need to walk!! Ughhh I will try to regroup get over it.

Had a chicken salad for dinner last night. That salmon sounds delicious Meghan.... I love salmon but my husband doesn’t love it as often as I do!

Hope everyone’s having more willpower than me!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KateNkognito
    @mamainthekitchen You made me laugh! I feel the same way. I ate an entire batch of peanut butter cookies. And a bunch of other stuff. Tonight is the last of the big eating nights. I have Germans coming to my house to make schnitzel. That walk sounds nice. Maybe I will take the dog for one.

@Meghan509 I hope you enjoyed the salmon. We had some last night, too.

Happy New Year to all! Back on the wagon tomorrow! o:)