Goals for 2019?

Replies

• Iain__Fraser
    Iain__Fraser Posts: 26 Member
    Try to stay consistent and positive. Also, add some weight and reach my first target of 87kg (currently 85kg). #winning
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Food wise I'd like to try and start to eat healthier.. More vegetables.. Right now almost every day I eat cake or pie and/or ice cream, and chocolate. And wine of course. Not cut out all out, but scale it back and replace some days with healthy fats and calories... Just... My sweet tooth is a strong one...

Training wise: thinking of trying a different split this week (three full body days and one lower focus day) and going from there if I like it.

Life wise: many daily goals and things I try and try to better myself with.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Food wise I'd like to try and start to eat healthier.. More vegetables.. Right now almost every day I eat cake or pie and/or ice cream, and chocolate. And wine of course. Not cut out all out, but scale it back and replace some days with healthy fats and calories... Just... My sweet tooth is a strong one...

Training wise: thinking of trying a different split this week (three full body days and one lower focus day) and going from there if I like it.

Life wise: many daily goals and things I try and try to better myself with.

I hear you food wise. But if you can fit it in some days, great! What are some life goals?
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    edited December 2018
    I hear you food wise. But if you can fit it in some days, great! What are some life goals?

Be more patient, less selfish, let go of grudges. Getting rid of a lot of accumulated stuff this year, spend less money. Try to get my family all together in one spot for a vacay. To many things to list...
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    My new year's resolution is to get a bit more of a social life
  • bigd6697
    bigd6697 Posts: 2 Member
    Well.go8ng to try to stick to my goals this year for 2019. Here are my top 8:
    1. Go from 187 to 145
    2. Go from 27% bf to 14%
    3. Go from a 180 bench to a 240 bench
    4. Go from a 845 mile to a 730 mile
    5. Run a sub 21 minute 5k
    6. Deadlift 300 for 4
    7. 10 pullups unassisted, can oy do 3 now
    8. Bar curl good form 115 for 6
    Hope they are realistic.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    For me 2019 is going to be about balance and taking things easy.

I want to slow down and be less rushed and competitive. Enjoy life and savour things rather than bulldoze through them.

I want to find balance with food and exercise too. Go back to basics. Rather than spend a small fortune on gym equipment or obscure health foods, I want to work on cooking one more meal a week from scratch, eating a little less of the highly processes, sugar laden stuff and work on moving just a little more everyday.

Similarly I want to pay attention to my hobbies. Work takes over my life a bit and I feel like I don't have the time or energy for anything else (which is rubbish- there's about 10 hours a day when I don't need to be in work or asleep!). So painting more, getting out in the garden, baking....I want to make time for the things I enjoy that seem to have taken a back seat.

Making the most of my mornings seems to be the way to go (although waking up in the dark always feels unnatural!)
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    1) change mindset to aid in rehabbing hip impingement—which means giving up or significantly delaying some bigger lifting goals (especially squat) and being consistent with my mobility program.

2) do an unassisted chin up. A pull up would be awesome.

3) successfully complete my nemesis green clamshell route at the climbing gym. I will beat you, even if I have to hang one handed from a side on grip to do it!

4) complete a Spartan Sprint with my husband

5) run a faster 5k with my son
  • jassoi
    jassoi Posts: 14 Member
    2019 I would like this to be my bench gains year.
    I want to focus on upper body more and get some bench gains. I feel like it has been stuck at the same weight and not getting anywhere! But in 2019 I will make sure this changes 💪
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited January 2019
    2018 was a good year. Lost 35lbs and went from 45lbs squat 55lb DL to 135lb & 165lb respectively.

Goals for 2019 are:
    DL - 225lb (60lbs increase)
    Squat - 185lb (50lbs increase)
    Maintain my weight, +/- 5lbs.

These seem reasonable and reachable to me, and I honestly think I will surpass them but I don't want to set the bar so high that it is unreachable or make it where that is the only think I can work on all year to reach my goals.

Also eating healthier. I've started 2019 off well, we got a Ninja Foodi for Christmas and it was the spark I needed to change my food game. I have no excuses now, I can cook fabulous meat with hardly any effort. I used to be afraid to try to cook meat and I get distracted a lot with the kids, hard to keep an eye on something. Now I can stick it in the Foodi and it will be fine for a minute if I have to stop and clean a poop diaper my toddler pulled off. Veg is so good cooked in it too, it's fantastic.
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2019
    1. Drop the ten pounds I've gained through lazy maintenance tracking
    2. Get my ab definition back
    3. Do a pull up/improve shoulder mobility
    4. Outlast the fittest gal at my gym more often than not 😂
    5. Lower my resting heart rate from low 70s to low 60s
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Goals are:
    Bench 160 lbs
    Squat 220 lbs
    Deadlift 270 lbs
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    billkansas wrote: »
    So what's everyone's goals for 2019?

I'm going for the 1000 lb club once and for all at age 50 this year. My sub-goal is to do this while only hitting the gym twice per week. I'm quitting the "chase for abs" and all that junk and don't care if I have to bulk to 220 lbs (body weight) to do it. I've been chasing it for a over two years now but shoulder pain and illiac crest pain has been holding me back. We'll see what happens.

My additional sub-goals:
    1. Quit tracking calories/protein daily (don't need this hobby taking over my life). Instead going to eat until I'm satiated (bulk) and eat less than (cut) with perhaps some calorie tracking every once in a while.
    2. Quit checking my muscles or lack thereof via the mirror. If I'm getting stronger- all that matters (not a bodybuilder).
    3. Just focus on eating and cooking healthy. Observe my next cuts during lent/advent, otherwise bulk slowly and get stronger.
    4. Hit the gym twice per week (max). Any conditioning or other junk happens only if I'm playing with my kids: basketball, tennis, tag in the park, bike rides, hikes, etc.
    5. Quit reading/posting on Myfitnesspal! I think I know enough now and just want to keep this hobby as a hobby and focus my limited time on what really matters!
  • TheJacob_94
    TheJacob_94 Posts: 5 Member
    1. Jump rope for at least 2min+ consecutively
    2. Lean bulk to 180 lbs
    3. BF to 12%
    4. 220+ bench
    5. 240+ squat
    6. 300+ Deadlifts