Dry January! No Alcohol!

Replies

• Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    I'm in for a Dry January. This will be my fifth consecutive one. Of course, all the other months of the year I've been "dry" too.

No good comes to me from alcohol. I'm a better person, healthier in general, and weight is much easier to maintain without alcohol.

I literally cannot think of one good reason to drink alcohol. Not one.

Same here!
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Gonna try, I have been drinking hard core for years
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I use diet tonic & gin OR vodka. I've read there are 0 calories in this. However, MFP counts otherwise.

Thoughts?

Gin and Vodka have calories. around 65 or so for a one ounce shot...most people use 2 ounces or more in a drink...so yeah, it has calories.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    JLatham325 wrote: »
    I'm so in! After all of the wine from Christmas Eve to now, have never felt more bloated, sluggish, and overall just crappy and not proud of myself. My biggest downfall is wanting wine at night when I'm watching movies with my husband. I'm going to try to swap it out for different flavored sparkling waters. Wish me luck! Let's all do this together!

@JLatham325
    Vino / esp red vino is my biggest weakness. My family owns bars, my friends own bars - I get free drinks next to my work place—- it was really adding up. It’s around me socially all the time. Luck needed here too! Happy to see so much positivity in these posts though for a healthy change in January :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    January 1!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I will be partaking in dry January, no alcohol. Those of you that quit drinking to lose weight, when did you notice weight loss with not drinking empty calories? Second week?

Congrats on your efforts, but you do need to realize that calories come from other foods too. Any excess of calories will lead to weight gain. Any reduction below your recommended intake will lead to weight loss.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    edited January 2019
    I’m doing Whole 30 so no alcohol for me. Reset for January.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    I started weaning off on Christmas, it is rough. Going to keep at it though.

i
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    I use diet tonic & gin OR vodka. I've read there are 0 calories in this. However, MFP counts otherwise.

Thoughts?

All alcohol has calories.
  • I’m going to try the dry January, I live here in Vermont where we have lots of craft beer, which I love to partake in. I would love to lose 25lbs
  • KaylaMack013
    KaylaMack013 Posts: 23 Member
    I’m in! Excited to see the changes in how I feel and look! I’m hoping to make this longer than just a month!
  • Fatty2fab13
    Fatty2fab13 Posts: 12 Member
    My last time drinking was Dec 13 on my birthday. I decided to do an experiment and try for a full year. I know when I drink it's harder for me to lose just because I get super hungry and very sloth like the next day. So far good with almost three weeks in. Feeling better than I have in a long time