Leggings/Tights.

Anybody have a favorite brand of tights/leggings for running? Mine all seem to slide down on me with too much movement. I’ve tried Nike, UA, Lululemon. I’ve tried sizing up and down in these brands with no luck.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I love nike
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    New balance is my preference
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    I love the USA Pro 3/4 length leggings. For some reason the full length ones from the same brand are horrible and really short (maybe they're meant to be 7/8 leggings? They're still only more like 5.5/8). I'm searching for full length leggings that don't fall down or get that weird gappy/loose bit in the crotch. The only other place I've found full length ones that are half decent is Primark.
  • Tanya_Clair
    Tanya_Clair Posts: 31 Member
    I have always stuck with Nike, maybe look for a pair that have a tie on the inside waist band that you could tighten?
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    I got some full length leggings from My Protein today and they fit like a dream! Thick enough to not show you're underwear and they don't feel like they'll fall down. I've looked at the website and they appear to ship worldwide
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I have an old pair of Victoria’s Secret ones that are my fave. They are black and pink. I wish they were all black, high waisted, thick, hold me in, and do not move. They are at least 6 years old and washed and worn weekly but look new. I have no idea what quality their current tights are made to but maybe worth trying? They were not cheap but cost less that lulus if I remember correctly.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    90degree brand at TJmaxx is actually great. Also, swear by Nike tights
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    I’m a Lululemon girl - but I also like Sweaty Betty - have you tried them?

PS- the Lulu “all the right places 2” have the most compression for running. Did you try those?
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    edited December 2018
    I've been wearing the same 3 pairs of danskin workout capris for about 4 years and love them! I should probably get some new ones soon, but I'm not sure if I'll love the new designs as I'm not a fan of the new mesh fabric trend
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I've some Victoria seceet plaid leggings I love the feel of. But my cheapest leggings offer the best fit or ones by dance companies like Mondor.
  • tweekedgirl
    tweekedgirl Posts: 114 Member
    I've never had issues with Nike Epic Lux, but some of the cheaper Nike leggings do tend to fall down for me when running. H&M running tights also seem really good, bought a couple of those now, and much more affordable.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Anyone know of leggings that can survive a squat test? Because I check my local Marshall's when I go there, and none have passed the test. :|
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Anyone know of leggings that can survive a squat test? Because I check my local Marshall's when I go there, and none have passed the test. :|

My wife and her trainer both wear Lululemon and have never had issues and they squat, deadlift, etc...
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Fabletics are good
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    mg07030 wrote: »
    I’m a Lululemon girl - but I also like Sweaty Betty - have you tried them?

PS- the Lulu “all the right places 2” have the most compression for running. Did you try those?

I’ve been meaning to try sweaty Betty. The lulus I’ve tried are the Tight Stuff ones. Maybe I need a different type. thanks!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Old Navy has some good tights. The high waist especially won't fall down. They have sales a lot too. Active wear goes 50%off quite regularly.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    I mostly wear fabletics high waisted for running. A lot of their new ones have a large horizontal pocket in the back waistband for a phone, which I love. Once I believed I was actually the size I am (kept ordering too big) they stay put. Also have a few different weight fabrics with different levels of compression.
    Once it gets hot I tend to switch to shorts. Got some from old navy I really like.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I like the Under Armour compression tights. They work for both my runs and deads and squats.