WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

wif2wte6fav2.jpgrz0axhlur35c.jpg

:) Many people find that the beginning of a new year is a clean slate and the time to start new habits, attitudes, or behaviours. I don't make "resolutions" in the classic sense, but I like to use this time to start something new.

:) My word for 2019 is "pause"...instead of rushing into something new, I'll pause and consider my options and make more intentional decisions in my life.

:) The name of the thread is "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. Please join us if you are looking for encouragement and support on your journey to health and wellness.

If you made resolutions or goals for December, how did you do?

Do you have any goals or resolutions for January?

:) Be sure to bookmark this page so you can find it again. Also sign your name or an alias and a geographical location to help us get to know each other.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

My word for 2018 was "tenacity" and that helped me achieve many important goals.

Resolutions for December (with end of the month comments)
*continue with the never ending scanning project (it's never ending, but I've continued)
*knit five or more snowflake hats to be donated (finished)
* finish writing my list of "19 for 2019" ( nowhere near finished)
*choose a word for 2019 (Pause)

Resolutions for January
*get over my cold
*continue with good habits (logging food and exercise, drinking water, posting on this thread)

Replies

• Welcome to 2019!!

Machka: having been MIA since March, I decided to go back to the posts from March. I read your posts and am really sorry that you had such a terrible time. How is he doing now, is there any permanent brain damage? Times like these remind you that life is precious. All the best for both of you in this year.❤
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    Michele - I have a Cricut Air 2, the newer highest tech model is a Cricut Maker. I’m not sure what it can cut, but I think I read that people do use them for cake decorating. I posted in the December thread a pic of my own starter projects. Voltaren is a cream, similar to Rub A535 without the burn.
  • Machka,thank you for sharing. This is not how one visualizes the future with your partner. It's taking one day at a time and celebrating each achievement no matter how small.
    Is he able to work again?

Big hug to you🤗

Bianca from South Africa
  • Bianca – so that’s where you’ve been!!!! Welcome back. I’m so sorry o hear that you’re having problems walking, how frustrating!

Michele, yes I received an email from MFP warning that my account had been hacked and my password along with it. Was not able to log in for many months. I also could not access Map My Walk.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Happy New Year!

Barbie Thanks for the new thread!

++++++++++

My word for 2018 was Pluck

My word for 2019 is Serenity

++++++++++

Karen in Virginia
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    HAPPY NEW YEAR....Wishing PEACE to all in 2019.

sdmsa1v5fcy5.png

Barbie ~ You are one of the most disciplined persons I know! :)

Got an email from Lenora. She fell on the steps of her deck right before Christmas and was in the hospital for four days. Got 13 staples in her leg and two knots on her head. Bruised all over. :'(

We went out for lunch at Longhorn's steak house for NY's. I did fairly well having their combo soup and salad. Their French onion soup is delicious!

Carol in GA