Less Alcohol - January 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Got a bottle of champagne for the two of us for tonight but tomorrow's Dry January. Having done this once, I'm very sure I can do it again. I really doubted myself last year, but this year I'm feeling a lot more confident.

BTW, would love to know your best tea tips. Tea, hot and cold, really kept me going last January. I have an insulated metal cup I carry it around in, and have pondered getting one with a diffuser, like this one but just can't decide if it's worth it or not. Any good ideas from tea drinkers are much appreciated. I also have every kind of diet soda known to man stocked in, LOL.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Hugs, @forestdweller1 Was your account hacked, or did you spend $$$1000s on your daughters??

Don't worry, I wasn't going to change the thread!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Started with this thread late December ... not sure yet about all the plans for a Dry January. That is not my personal target. I remember when losing weight my pattern did not include so much alcohol. In the past 2 years at my house we have gotten into the bad habit of a bottle or 2 of wine each night. Plans to change that in 2019. Back to my quest for 4 nights per week AF; usually targeting M-Th. 16 AF nights per month. 3rd week (MWTh) each month will be the real challenge with 2 book clubs and another alumnae meeting that all include wine.

Dec 31- AF Happy New Year! Looking forward to a great 2019!
  • HeatherT929
    HeatherT929 Posts: 23 Member
    Lilylady and Deb I really connect with what you’re saying...best wishes to all of us!!

OAN, is there a way I can see who clicks to “like” or “hug” a post of mine?
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Happy New Year, all! It’s been a while for me but I am now ready to significantly reduce my alcohol intake again!

Will try to check in daily. Good luck everyone!
  • dommylifts
    dommylifts Posts: 96 Member
    mobuckl wrote: »
    Today marks my 100th day of being AF. My 2019 goal is for a dry January and beyond.
    Happy New Year To All

What you’ve attained is what I aspire to be!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Dry January here too! I did it last year and loved it. My goal is to at least double my AF days over last year. We have had a tough few weeks - our kitchen flooded, (currently gutted and drying out) and I have to figure out a plan for a new one - our washing machine broke the same day as the flood! And the worst of all- somehow a rat got into my Subaru and pooped everywhere inside - I’m seriously like what is happening?!? I’ve coped with wine - but no more!
    Jan 1
    Jan 2
    Jan 3
    Jan 4
    Jan 5
    Jan 6
    Jan 7
    Jan 8
    Jan 9
    Jan 10
    Jan 11
    Jan 12
    Jan 13
    Jan 14
    Jan 15
    Jan 16
    Jan 17
    Jan 18
    Jan 19
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Happy New Year!! I hope we can all reach our goals this month and into the new year,yeah! B)B)