SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- Jan 2019

dewit
dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
If you feel like you're self-sabotaging by munching/binging after dinner or like you're doubling your in-calories at night :/ , then join us in fighting late night snacking ;)! You're free to set what you feel is late night snacking. That might mean not to eat anything past a certain time or just as well to have only a healthy snack after dinner.

We go by the formula:
Me: "how many evenings you stuck to it" vs. LNS: "the times late night snacks won"
("Me: 2 vs. LNS: 0" indicates for example that you won the first two nights.)

Additionally, you may want to
- add a * to the latest number. For instance, if LNS won the past night, that would be Me: 2 vs. LNS: 1*
- post streaks of how many days you've managed to be free of late night snacking in Jan

(For more examples of how it goes, feel free to have a look at the previous challenge:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10709954/say-no-to-late-night-snacking-december-2018-challenge/p1)

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated ;) , as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dewit
    Side remark: I was able to start this thread for January by the courtesy of lamlam2013, who kept this going in my absence :flowerforyou: and did not oppose me opening January. Thank you, lamlam!
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    With the extra chocolates just lying around after Christmas this is particularly hard this week (I've also just fixed my scales and found an extra weight drop.. yaye! This doesn't help as I feel like celebrating. With chocolate...)
  • syreina
    syreina Posts: 548 Member
    Thanks for making this thread. I think I'm ready to start this in the new year as I love eating chips after dinner while I'm well aware that I don't need them. :D
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Thank you dewit!!! Looking forward to continuing in this challenge!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    I think I'm going to start fasting from 7 pm to 11 am in the morning so I can be successful

I have recently tried this and it has helped me!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    I'm in :)
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    so this challenge starts in Jan , therefore 1 Jan would be day 1 yeah ? Im in
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,919 Member
    I have been in the group since July 2017 and it has helped me reduce my LNS more than anything I've ever tried. Thank you!
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    its first day of jan 19 & im happy to put this in

LNS:0 me:1

so tempted to snack senselessly , this challenge has made all the difference , since I joined the last in Dec 18, I stopped senseless LNS.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    LNS: 0
    ME: 1
    Streak: 1
  • saskicpg
    saskicpg Posts: 16 Member
    I’m in...
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    ME: 1
    Streak: 1
  • jaxalicious
    jaxalicious Posts: 27 Member
    Me:1 LNS:0
  • AngieMMc2015
    AngieMMc2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Oh wow! This is exactly what I need! Late night snacking is a MAJOR problem for me. I’m in!
  • AngieMMc2015
    AngieMMc2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Me: 1
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    This def is something I need to work on. Most weeks there are a couple days I don't get home till 8pm, sometimes 9pm - then have dinner - I'm not including these as a LNS. Well... here we go!

Me 2
  • dewit
    Strong! ME: 1 vs. LNS: 0
    Well done, everyone! This year looks very promising! Let's be strong! (I bet we'll be able to control other aspects of our life much better if we stay strong regarding LNS :wink:)
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,919 Member
    Me: 1
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Me: 1 (it was tough!!)