My C25K diary

Replies

• kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    @amgreenwell Yay! Excellent well done! It's been cold but no rain. Today I bought some running trainers in the sale! Off for week 6 Run 1 tomorrow morning!
  • kirstyfoy
    Week 6 Run 1 complete! So after the 20 minute run for week 5 Run 3 this felt easy.

However, during the last 5 minute run Laura announces I have 2.5 minutes to go and then... I kept running, and running, and running...

I had to check my phone because I was coming up to a whole lap of the park which for me takes just under 8 minutes. I looked at the app and it said 'couch 2 5k app has closed'. Aaaagggghhhhh. So I looked at my Fitbit which said 32 minutes and decided it must be time to cool down! I mean the good thing is I felt like I could keep going.

Obviously it meant I achieved a PB in distance 🤣 Also meant I had to play the app through again just to get my gold tick!

New running trainers today, thanks to Christmas money from in laws, January sales and 50% discount with vitality at the @sweatshoprunning

🏁2.39miles/3.85km
    🏃‍♀️14'42
    🔥502
    💖142

f3pg7yksaycl.jpg
  • kirstyfoy
    v2ql7106qg00.jpg

Well that's it. Final run of 2018 leaving me with good habits and much healthier to enter 2019.

After the solid 20 minute run last week these 2 runs with walking in the middle have been easy by comparison. However, I'm still nervous for wednesdays 25 minute run but feeling a lot more confident than last week.

Once again I forgot to start my Fitbit bang on the start but probably only 30 seconds missed!

Week 6 Run 2 Stats
    🏁2.17miles/3.49km
    🏃‍♀️14'09
    🔥469
    💖 150
  • kirstyfoy
    Ready for RED January with my red laces! Do something active every day for Mind

Please feel free to donate here https://www.mind.org.uk/donate and join me in being active!

1mt989annlmg.jpg
  • kirstyfoy
    @amgreenwell how are you getting on?
  • kirstyfoy
    @fionamaryan how are you doing?
  • kirstyfoy
    @TimeToReduceFat Did you redo week 1?
  • frannie_h20
    frannie_h20 Posts: 26 Member
    I am feeling inspired after having a little read of your diary. I've done c25k before but currently completely unfit again. I will be starting as soon as my new sports bra arrives - definitely can't run without one!
  • kirstyfoy
    @frannie_h20 excellent news! I also have that problem 🤣

Love my sports bra, particularly after breastfeeding 2 Babies. It makes me feel a little more Madonna and a little less ex dairy cow 🤣
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    kirstyfoy wrote: »
    @amgreenwell how are you getting on?

@kirstyfoy I'm doing well. I'll finish week three day three tomorrow (hopefully, weather is just awful) but I'm determined to make it happen. I've signed up for a 5k Feb 9 so I have NO excuses. I've GOT to be ready.

I hope you are well. Happy New Year! You are killing those work outs!

• kirstyfoy
    @amgreenwell excellent news! Week 6 Run 3 for me today when hubby gets home. 25 minutes of running. That's it now. No more walking 😲 and actually I'm calm and not worried!
  • kirstyfoy
    nsyn8v1qahb3.jpg

Week 6 Run 3, Red January Day 2!

I RAN FOR 25 MINUTES!!! And I could have gone on longer!

Today I had a run buddy in @kirstyrunslondon who has started training for the London Marathon this year. Having Kirsty really motivated me to keep my pace and keep going. I've told her she has to run with me more often!

PB on distance. First time I haven't been worried about it being all running. Here's to week 7.

🏁2.48miles/3.99km
    🏃‍♀️14'26
    💖142
    🔥542

I'm taking part in RED January to help keep me motivated and on track. I read today it takes 19 days to make something s habit so being active for 31 should leave me in a good place for the rest of the year. Red January is supporting the charity Mind this year. A mental health charity that provides support where there is little.

If you would like to show your support by donating please follow the link https://www.mind.org.uk/donate
  • kirstyfoy
    @frannie_h20 sports bra arrived yet?
  • kirstyfoy
    td0c7x7bp84p.jpg

Day 4 of @redjanuaryuk and Week 7 Run 1 of Couch to 5k. Gave it my all today. Couldn't have run harder if I tried. Desperate to get to the 5k in the next 3 weeks.

Sunset run and it is COLD today so I'm glad I was running while the sun was still up.

New PB for distance again so happy with that! No weights or running tomorrow, a day with the horses instead!

I'm taking part in RED January to raise money for @mindcharity. 31 days of being active. If you would like to donate please follow the link https://www.mind.org.uk/donate

🏁2.57 miles/4.14km
    🏃‍♀️13'51
    💖151
    🔥566
  • frannie_h20
    @frannie_h20 sports bra arrived yet?

Yes and it's rubbish, definitely can't run in it! Any recommendations?
  • kirstyfoy
    @frannie_h20 mine was from Amazon. It's underwired https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01NAS6BA7/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd definitely buy it again x
  • frannie_h20
    @frannie_h20 mine was from Amazon. It's underwired https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01NAS6BA7/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd definitely buy it again x

Underwired sports bras are not for me unfortunately. I am going back to an m&s one I think. They just changed their size options so i was looking for an alternative but can't find anything I like as much!
  • kirstyfoy
    dldioa4kwopb.jpg

Day 6 of @redjanuaryuk And week 7 Run 2 of Couch to 5k.
    After a sore throat yesterday, today I've woken up with a cough and a runny nose. After my daughter having flu all week, today was just about getting round and running for 25 minutes. I was only 0.13 miles behind my best distance and I did run for 25 minutes despite really wanting to give up at 20.

🏁2.44miles/3.93km
    🏃‍♀️14'34
    💖148
    🔥548

We're going for a walk around @cliveden_national_trust later so will get some more steps in!

@mindcharity "is proud to be continuing their exclusive partnership with RED January, a community initiative that encourages you to support your mental health by doing something active every single day. RED January can provide you with a goal and a focus in a characteristically tough month, empowering you to start the year as you mean to go on. All achievements are celebrated, no matter how big or small and the RED community is there to support you every step of the way."(mind website)

If you would like to donate please follow the link https://www.mind.org.uk/donate
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Day1 of week 4. Felt great to get out there and run some more today. I think it was a total of 16 min of jogging. I feel good and love the extra calorie burn.
    Stats: 2.43 miles, 239.85 calories, not sure of my pace but it was pretty good. Even when walking.

@kirstyfoy I went sports bra shopping this weekend and found nothing so your recommendation for the bra on amazon might be a winner for me. I found two in my drawer that I can probably wear for a while but i'll keep that recommendation for later. Thanks!
  • kirstyfoy
    @amgreenwell well done! Your run sounds excellent!

I would def recommend it. I'm thinking about getting a second as this one is in the wash so often x