Looking for postpartum accountability friends and support!

I'm (re)starting my weight loss plan a year after having my second child. I lost 30 pounds after my first to get back to my pre-baby weight but am struggling this go around, not having lost any of the baby weight, and putting a few more pounds on in the meantime. I would love to connect with other mamas or people who find it challenging to fit in healthy eating and exercising with busy family lives. Please reach out, I hope to find others who are looking for support, encouragement and accountability so we can reach our goals together!

Replies

• marion4209
    marion4209 Posts: 2 Member
    I'll request you! I'm working on losing my final 10lbs after having a baby too. Big fan of early morning workouts and working on getting more cardio and healthy prepped meals into my routine.
  • bettereve
    bettereve Posts: 3 Member
    Sarah, I just had a baby and would love to be an accountability partner. How do we go about it?
  • supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 10 Member
    Hello everyone. I am seven months post partum with my second baby. Struggling hard to shed the kilos. My CW is 88kg and GW is 72 kgs. Please add me too as an accountability partner. I'm determined to lose this weight as I'm also pre diabetic. We can have weekly weigh ins which will monitor our progress. I'm really determined to reach my goal and anyone else who is equally determined can add me as their partner.
  • Nicki_pick
    Nicki_pick Posts: 81 Member
    I sent you a friend request!
  • pearlybutt
    pearlybutt Posts: 2 Member
    Have 2 babies under 2, the littler one is 5 months old. I have been having it tough with a nocturnal toddler and tandem feeding etc etc and depression, lots of anger, anxiety and Iate night chocolate ice cream with guilt. That was fine for a time, Bc if i couldn’t have cheese danishes and choc fudge brownie I would probably lose it. I boycotted thanksgiving and said that’s it. Im doing breast and bottle and want to lose but don’t want to undernourish. Don’t know how this works or how to join....
  • JessieEvans
    JessieEvans Posts: 1 Member
    I had my little girl 19months ago and my weight has yoyo’d so much since then. I pretty much lost all my pregnancy weight within a few weeks of giving birth but since then I’ve gained weight and weigh the heaviest I have ever been. I find it hard to say no to sweet treats and fizzy pop. Also finding it tricky to fit in work out with my new job (mon -Friday) never worked in an office before so sitting down for most of the day day now which is a massive change for me.
    Would definitely love to join a group/community for some extra support as I want this to be the last time I start a diet (very good at starting a new diet every Monday but being off it by Friday)
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Count me in! I have a 3 yr old and a 8 week old and need some motivation to lose around 25 lbs!

I’m Aiming to restart Jillian Michaels workouts as they’ve been great for me in the past, but really I know I mainly need to get in top of my bad eating habits!
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Would love to join in here!
    Twenty weeks pregnant now with my second kiddo. Need support now in maintaining healthy eating while not overindulging “because I can”. Will also need the support post partum..!
    Just jumped back on MFP for the added support recently and haven’t quite gotten back into the logging streak, so the added accountability would be helpful for sure..!
  • hangomez1
    hangomez1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Ladies! Count me in on an accountability group! I have a 3 year old and 6 week old! I am only about 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight but I actually gained about 30 pounds with the stress of trying to get pregnant! So my big goal is 40lbs. For now - I’m focusing on my first 10!! I am pretty new to mfp and am working on being consistent. Even if it’s just 30 minutes a day!!
  • sarahboyle963
    sarahboyle963 Posts: 4 Member
    I am 6 weeks postpartum myself! Looking to lose 40 lbs!
  • kimba516
    kimba516 Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! So perfect to find this thread! Congrats on your little one! I’m in s similar place: looking to get back in shape after having my daughter (baby #4) on Nov1. Would love to connect!!
  • Runningchick11
    Runningchick11 Posts: 53 Member
    Im in the same boat and would love all the motivation and support I can get. I gained 50 pounds while pregnant. I initially lost 25 pounds when i had baby in March. I have at least 20 I'd like to get rid of to begin with. I work out a lot, but it doesn't help that I pee myself now and have pelvic floor issues, really tough mentally!! And after 9 months of not drinking, i discovered craft breweries! They are great to go to with a baby and just hang out! Now I just discovered I don't fit into any of my winter clothes. Not good! So let's motivate each other! I'm sure we have a lot of similar issues and can relate more than other groups.
  • midwestcoastal
    midwestcoastal Posts: 1 Member
    Ciao! I’m ~3 months postpartum. I gained 57 lbs with my 2nd daughter and I’ve lost 32 so far but I’m looking to lose more! Congratulations to everyone and their new babies!
  • kathleenford04
    kathleenford04 Posts: 128 Member
    Would love to be friends! I have one baby, 17 months old, and have been working to lose weight since he was about 2 months old, starting with diet and eventually adding exercise. I was 20-30 pounds overweight when I got pregnant and gained 65 pounds during a rough pregnancy. 25 came off immediately but I was left at 200 pounds which was a shocking number to me on my small frame. 25 more pounds came off fairly easily but the last 6 months or so I’ve been going at a snail’s pace. I’m finally about 5 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight (30ish from goal weight) and would looovw to reach that goal by the end of the year if at all possible!!!
  • I’m 7 mos postpartum with #3 and I have about 5 lbs til pre-baby, but about 40 until my goal! I’d love the extra accountability
  • kimba516
    Hmm.. it looks like we can start a group. Maybe we should about this topic- did anyone do that? I can try!
  • kimba516
    Ok I think I did it. If you go to the groups page search for: “hoy mamas: post partum fitness and healthy weight loss

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129677-hot-mamas-post-partum-fitness-and-healthy-weight-loss

See you there!
  • nanaad1
    nanaad1 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm (re)starting my weight loss plan a year after having my second child. I lost 30 pounds after my first to get back to my pre-baby weight but am struggling this go around, not having lost any of the baby weight, and putting a few more pounds on in the meantime. I would love to connect with other mamas or people who find it challenging to fit in healthy eating and exercising with busy family lives. Please reach out, I hope to find others who are looking for support, encouragement and accountability so we can reach our goals together!

Im in the same boat. please add me.
  • SarahNina27
    SarahNina27 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi y'all, I'm sorry that I ghosted on this thread, the holidays and life got away from me! I think that I've accepted all friend requests or added anyone who commented, but please add me if I've missed someone! I hope the holidays treated everyone well.