Biggest losers

tmwyles
tmwyles Posts: 26 Member
edited December 2018 in Success Stories
I am just beginning on my weight loss journey I would love to hear from those biggest losers out there who have lost 50 pounds or more and how did you do it/ how long did it take? How much did you weigh at your heaviest versus how much do you weigh now? Once you lost your weight what changes did you make to maintain? And how about saggy skin has anyone experienced going from extremely heavy to fear what is your experience with your skin? I’m sorry for so many questions?

Replies

• skinnynurse2019
    skinnynurse2019 Posts: 10 Member
    Highest: 260lbs. Current: 210lbs. Used intermittent fasting and clean eating. Lost all my weight primarily since sept 2018
  • BeckyKalish
    BeckyKalish Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2019
    Tried to add a photo...but it won't work. Oh well!

• tmwyles
    I started on 1/29/2018 at 330 pounds. As of today, I have lost half of me! I weight 165 pounds...lost exactly 165 in less than a year. I ran a half marathon on Su day to celebrate.

Not done yet...but I feel SO good :) You can all do it! Celebrate your successes, jump back up if you fall, and look at small victories instead of the far of goal!

Wow How did you lose that much that fast
  • tmwyles
    edited January 2019
    I want to thank everyone for your stories they really help me. Yesterday was awful in-laws are in and they insisted on a huge breakfast. I did my best with that and Lunch was ok too. After lunch I did some yard work I have been neglecting. My back was hurting pretty bad before the work but when the pain really hit during the work I knew I was in for it later. Sure enough by the time I rested 5 min my back pain was in full bloom. I hurt to move anything. Well for me it is kind of a self inflating problem. My back hurts when I work, when my back hurts I want to eat, when I overeat I gain weight, the heavier I am the more I hurt, the more I hurt the more I want to eat. But I’m determined not to fail I may not hit my 100lb this year but it will happen and more.
  • stormtheworld
    stormtheworld Posts: 18 Member
    Started at 357 In Sept 2017. I am currently down 138 lbs so far (219 lbs). I still have about 80lbs or so to go but it takes time so I am hoping to hit goal by this time next year. I try to walk at least 4 days a week with some strength training about 3 times per week. I have saggy skin in my belly, arms, and thighs and I expect I will continue this trend for a while. The excess skin is much better for me than the excess weight. My husband is just about to hit maintenance after losing 189 lbs so far (10 or so left to lose). He has similar skin issues but is worries about maintenance. It is completely doable but it helps to have a partner is weight loss. Good luck and remember that is takes time to lose the weight in a healthy way and hopefully keep it off!
  • tmwyles
    Started at 357 In Sept 2017. I am currently down 138 lbs so far (219 lbs). I still have about 80lbs or so to go but it takes time so I am hoping to hit goal by this time next year. I try to walk at least 4 days a week with some strength training about 3 times per week. I have saggy skin in my belly, arms, and thighs and I expect I will continue this trend for a while. The excess skin is much better for me than the excess weight. My husband is just about to hit maintenance after losing 189 lbs so far (10 or so left to lose). He has similar skin issues but is worries about maintenance. It is completely doable but it helps to have a partner is weight loss. Good luck and remember that is takes time to lose the weight in a healthy way and hopefully keep it off!

Having a partner is the reason I came here my wife is diabetic is waiting to get her sugars under control before she really starts🙄 so I’m basically by myself. I would like to lose 100 in the the next year or so. From others on here I know I can do it just really need support. If you would like your or your husband can friend me I would really appreciate the support from someone who has already been through what I’m going through.
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    tmwyles wrote: »
    I want to thank everyone for your stories they really help me. Yesterday was awful in-laws are in and they insisted on a huge breakfast. I did my best with that and Lunch was ok too. After lunch I did some yard work I have been neglecting. My back was hurting pretty bad before the work but when the pain really hit during the work I knew I was in for it later. Sure enough by the time I rested 5 min my back pain was in full bloom. I hurt to move anything. Well for me it is kind of a self inflating problem. My back hurts when I work, when my back hurts I want to eat, when I overeat I gain weight, the heavier I am the more I hurt, the more I hurt the more I want to eat. But I’m determined not to fail I may not hit my 100lb this year but it will happen and more.

Sounds like my old cycle of pain eat pain. I’ve lost 64 pounds since 7/25/18 and started right after a bad knee injury (which still gives me trouble) and have persistent back pain. The one thing that finally “clicked” to me was that I can no longer exercise my way out of these weight problems I get myself into. Food had to come first! So that’s what I did. I’m on a 1000 calorie / day deficit and am eating about 50% of my exercise calories back. It’s all about tracking religiously, making correct food choices (portions / lower calorie options) and moving when you can. It takes perseverance, determination and definitely sacrifice. Especially if you are use to using food as an emotional crutch. I’m 6’4” and started at 309, currently at 245. Goal is 225.

My knee is killing me today. I went for a short walk. No other exercise. But I’m making the choice (and yes, it still is a daily choice for me) to eat under calories, healthy food.

Good luck on your journey. Just get started. Make a decision to track everything (using a food scale) and cut back until you get to whatever deficit you and MyFitnessPal decide on.
  • BeckyKalish
    BeckyKalish Posts: 15 Member
    tmwyles wrote: »
    I started on 1/29/2018 at 330 pounds. As of today, I have lost half of me! I weight 165 pounds...lost exactly 165 in less than a year. I ran a half marathon on Su day to celebrate.

Not done yet...but I feel SO good :) You can all do it! Celebrate your successes, jump back up if you fall, and look at small victories instead of the far of goal!

Wow How did you lose that much that fast

Nothing crazy....1000 to 1200 calories a day. I made sure to eat a healthy balance of protein fat and carbs. I also exercise 5 days a week. Cardio 5 days a week and strength 3 days a week. I started with about 15 minutes of walking a day...now I run 7-8 miles a day. Last Sunday I did a half marathon :)

Best advice, get your primary care provider in your corner! I saw him more in the past year than I have in the past 10 lol. He was great support...and helped to make sure I was doing this in a healthy way.

Best of luck!!!!
  • bship15
    bship15 Posts: 33 Member
    First I would look at what you are eating and drinking. Thats the biggest part is getting your calories under control. I drink my calories or used to (Pepsi) but like my GF drinks nothing but water and eats her calories. We just had this talk about how different we are when it comes to our extra calories.

When I lost my biggest chunk of weight (8 years ago) it was changing diet and working out. The pounds start to melt away once the change is actually made and set into. Its also not just cardio that is needed I know many people who only strength train/lift but lose the weight.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I do Leslie sansone too
  • gonzalezc2017
    gonzalezc2017 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Way 2 go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!