A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants.

Replies

• atkhorses
    atkhorses Posts: 45 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    atkhorses wrote: »
    I'm a little confused on how to caluculate TDEE. I have figured out macros of fat and protein but don't know how many calories to eat to put me in a .5/week loss. Anyone want to help me calculate.............I'm brain dead from going back to school and gotta get this figured out now......

Either let MFP give you a calorie goal and log your exercise, or use one of the TDEE calculators out there. Any goal is just going to be a starting point. You will figure out what your TDEE really is by carefully logging and after 6-8 weeks start tweaking based on your results.

Can you get me started on how to get MFP to figure a calorie goal for me please? I've been logging in food and exercise for 3 weeks but I don't think the calorie goal is what MFP created. I think it is one I created. Thanks!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I'm a little confused on how to caluculate TDEE. I have figured out macros of fat and protein but don't know how many calories to eat to put me in a .5/week loss. Anyone want to help me calculate.............I'm brain dead from going back to school and gotta get this figured out now......

Either let MFP give you a calorie goal and log your exercise, or use one of the TDEE calculators out there. Any goal is just going to be a starting point. You will figure out what your TDEE really is by carefully logging and after 6-8 weeks start tweaking based on your results.

Can you get me started on how to get MFP to figure a calorie goal for me please? I've been logging in food and exercise for 3 weeks but I don't think the calorie goal is what MFP created. I think it is one I created. Thanks!

I set up my account about 4 years ago, so I'm not sure. But I would think go into settings or maybe goals, make sure your height, weight, and activity level are correct, and choose lose weight and 0.5lbs per week. There is probably a thread in the Getting Started forum pinned to the top that will help as well.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I think we need a dedicated "Sidesteel's awesome threads" forum.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Dittos to above.

Best you could do is take some stress off them by say, not over drinking alcohol. Which would take stress off a lot of systems in the body actually.
    Some food is like that in general, some food is like that specifically for a person.
    Like a person lactose sensitive could get by with a little in combo with other foods perhaps - but to attempt the gallon a day of milk method would be a real stress on their system.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    I'll never be able to get into sexypants (fat distribution) but at least I got a sexy mid section thanks to this forum. Ok, I could potentially recomp, but then my face would get even thinner which I'd prefer to avoid. So heads up not only for sexypants but also super sexy abdomen <3
  • crymil1227
    crymil1227 Posts: 23 Member
    Thank you! I needed this today! I have been struggling and this was a good post to reset the mindset! <3
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Wonderful and realistic advice. Thank you!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Bumpity.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Thanks for this. Always a great post.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    A fantastic thread and now is the right time to read it :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I hadn't read this in awhile. Great information!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I hadn't read this in awhile. Great information!
    It’s one of my favorites even if it is old.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    It’s one of my favorites even if it is old.

It might old, but it’s still very relevant :)
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 182 Member
    Good post - found this very useful.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Bump
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    nt937nt2f1at.jpg
  • OpenCode54
    OpenCode54 Posts: 3 Member
    Thx for the advise!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Back when I started lurking here some time back I read all of the stickied helpful posts. Some really good stuff in them.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Bump.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Time for a bump!