JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• burchettteresa
    burchettteresa Posts: 4 Member
    Overslept this morning so o missed my workout but watching calories more today.
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2019
    What a great thread! I am hoping this helps keep me accountable. I'm Shannon from NH. I'm married (7 years but together for 12) and have two fur-kids (GSD's). Tracking my food and exercise in MFP helped me lose 50lbs in 2011. I kept it off for a few years and then got lazy and stopped logging and paying attention as much as I should have. I'm looking forward to getting back on track and losing 40lbs prior to my 40th birthday at the end of this year!

JFT - Wednesday 1/2/19
    - Log all food
    - Drink 8 ounces of water
    - Work on lunch meal planning
    - Exercise/move at least 20 minutes

Motivational quote for today
    Small Changes Can Make a BIG Difference!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha dont worry everyone, we have finalised our plan for moving out and getting things paid, we've both really bucked up, we were both living on autopilot and now we're in full gear and ready to MAKE the change in our lives rather than wishing omit.

I learnt something very weird, fearing something only makes the problem worse. Fearing I'm losing my house means I'm out of control, when actually I have lots of options, yeah its rubbish but we needed to go anyway so why am o scared?
    so I'm not afraid anymore, I'm not afraid of losing stuff along as I have my family and friends, Im not afraid of people I'm just... not afraid. I feel like I can conquer anything without fear!

I'm wondering if I can apply that to this journey!

Hi Bex, I read a lot of last year's posts. It sounds as if you have been through some very tough times and have the strength to keep doing what's best for your family. I am sure you could apply it to your weight loss journey but you can't do everything at once!
  • jlmarciniak
    jlmarciniak Posts: 13 Member
    Tuesday, January 1.
    1. Log all my food
    2. Start 30 Days of Yoga
    3. Do not go over in my net calories
    4. Download the Couchto5K app and make a plan!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2019
    2 Jan
    5 portions of fruit/veg 😊
    Log everything as accurately as possible 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    Fitbit excercise goals - start the day with a walk😊
    Drink water and resist wine! 😊
    Update weight spreadsheet - I'm trying to figure out how much to eat based on MFP and Fitbit CICO records for each week and changes in my weight. 😊 The answer is less than I have been! I can loose weight and reach my target but then give up trying and regain so hopefully this thread will work for me
    Tidy up 10 muddles 😊Especially if you count each Christmas ornament individually!
    Get rid of 10 things - rubbish or charity shop
    👿 Failed on the decluttering goal!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,049 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Thinking of You, O Fearless One!
    tk574c0d7s1z.png

yes! this describes it perfectly!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    JFT
    1. Take one task I don’t want to do and start it
    2. Clean - even if it’s one small surface tidied
    3. Do my timesheet for work
    4. Get up early and exercise for 10 minutes
    5. Drink water - anything - just a drop will do... take it from there

Small steps... journey started... destination New Me 💄🧚🏻‍♀️
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @bex953172 I can’t imagine how you’re coping right now but I’m thinking of that quote about women being like teabags - you never know how strong they are until they end up in hot water. I know you will be ok - you sound strong and focussed. Wishing you all the very best for a reset and a better start to 2019. X
  • Faebert
    I’m about to head to bed and have actually had a nice time with the MIL. So glad I invited her - I know how much she misses being here with the girls. Otherwise lots of green ticks - must be the start of a new year 😉. Let’s see how long I can keep it up!

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Leave by 10 to go to council office re parking permit (stupid issue still rumbling on) ✅ finally sorted after 40 mins queuing!
    - Recycling centre ✅
    - Lunch out with kids and grocery shopping ✅
    - Change sheets and laundry ✅
    - Cook healthy meal for MIL ✅ stir fried prawns and veggies, small amount of noodles, roasted Brussels sprouts and some fruit after. Yum and healthy
    - Stay mindful, do not get emotional! ✅
    - Re-read 2019 goals (want to keep this on every day to stay focussed) ✅ 3x today!
    - Focus on water today ✅

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Trip to shopping centre with kids and MIL
    - Get eyebrows threaded
    - Make healthy choices - stay mindful
    - Re-read 2019 goals
    - Keep up the focus on water
    - Jetwash patio and front steps?? Weather forecast v v cold but dry...
    - Early night

Have a great day/evening all. X
  • Faebert
    2 Jan
    5 portions of fruit/veg 😊
    Log everything as accurately as possible 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    Fitbit excercise goals - start the day with a walk😊
    Drink water and resist wine! 😊
    Update weight spreadsheet - I'm trying to figure out how much to eat based on MFP and Fitbit CICO records for each week and changes in my weight. 😊 The answer is less than I have been! I can loose weight and reach my target but then give up trying and regain so hopefully this thread will work for me
    Tidy up 10 muddles 😊Especially if you count each Christmas ornament individually!
    Get rid of 10 things - rubbish or charity shop
    👿 Failed on the decluttering goal!

@ZizzyBumble look at all those smiley faces though! Well done!
  • Faebert
    @meggers123 well done for logging the chocolates anyway. I’m the worst for not logging when I go seriously off track. If you’re logging you’re halfway there. Tomorrow is absolutely a new day - and why this thread is so great x
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    @meggers123 well done for logging the chocolates anyway. I’m the worst for not logging when I go seriously off track. If you’re logging you’re halfway there. Tomorrow is absolutely a new day - and why this thread is so great x

My first instinct was to not log it and hide my embarrassment. But then I realized if I don’t hold myself accountable, then who will? And I really want to make a change. So now it’s out there, and hopefully accountability helps me to make positive changes.
  • Faebert
    @toaljasa - great results for last year and thank you again for your inspiring quotes and support for all on here

@cschmitz110515 -well done on staying under 160 after Christmas. You seem so great at setting and tracking goals. Really inspiring.

@snowflake1968 - happy birthday Michaela!

@Elbee1 - hope all is ok with your daughter

@HEGoddard0928 - how’s the dishes situation?😉

Welcome to all the new joiners. Lovely to have the place buzzing but wow is it hard to keep track! X
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha dont worry everyone, we have finalised our plan for moving out and getting things paid, we've both really bucked up, we were both living on autopilot and now we're in full gear and ready to MAKE the change in our lives rather than wishing omit.

I learnt something very weird, fearing something only makes the problem worse. Fearing I'm losing my house means I'm out of control, when actually I have lots of options, yeah its rubbish but we needed to go anyway so why am o scared?
    so I'm not afraid anymore, I'm not afraid of losing stuff along as I have my family and friends, Im not afraid of people I'm just... not afraid. I feel like I can conquer anything without fear!

I'm wondering if I can apply that to this journey!

Oh Bex ... I almost cried when I read your post! You are one of the bravest woman I know!! SO SO proud of you!! Yes, you are in control!!!! I will be praying for you along this journey, and I know you are going to be OK. Because YOU are in control!

Hugs dear friend ... but in the meantime, if we can do anything at all, please let us know. But know you have a large family here that loves you dearly!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Greetings, Fellow Sojourners!

What's the Good Word??!!

How exciting is this?!! We have a clean new page!

We all have found "helps" along the way that keep us on track. If you have something that helped you to lose weight or even to grow spiritually, physically, and emotionally this past year, share! share! share!

Last January when I began this journey I pondered about a word that would serve as an inspiration, motivator, and an encourager to help me succeed. My word became two: "Stand Firm" Stand firm when I am tempted. Stand Firm when I am emotional and the food beckons. Stand Firm when I don't see results on the scales.

I then found scripture and quotes that related to the word and wrote them in the front of my journal.

I posted these two words on my cabinet doors so that they were the first thing I'd see when I opened the door.

I think that this year's word is going to be Perseverance. I've come so far this past year (thanks in part to this fantastic support group)---and it is the first time I was able to keep going for one whole year. But I have more I want to do to make me the best me possible.

Perhaps getting your own word and writing down encouraging quotes/scripture/words of wisdom that support your word will help spur you on!

Peace and Joy!!
    u5eb4bl9woef.png

You are such a great motivator on here!! I think we are all pumped up ... this is going to be a great year for all of us!! Love you to pieces ... and thank you so much for being a part of this wonderful group! <3
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Plans for tonight to keep busy and avoid snacking: clean pantry out and chuck out ‘junk’ food.

Good start 👍👍

Great start!! That is what I plan on doing today .... get rid of the last of the junk food!

@murdog3t -- what is IF eating???

IF is intermittent fasting
    I fast for 20-21 hrs and eat in my window which is 1-3 hrs
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    January 2nd:
    -Go shopping for the week 👍
    -Clean the kitchen 👍
    -Finish all laundry 👍
    -Iron 👍
    -Walk 30 mins 👎

January 3rd: