Lost 80lb and have gained 30lb back, now it’s time to get real! Bummed out looking for support.

Replies

• Mass_Effect
    Mass_Effect Posts: 30 Member
    I lose 50lbs and regained it over the last few years, and I need to get back on track. Would be great to have friends in a similar position.
  • DawnUrbanski
    DawnUrbanski Posts: 39 Member
    Same boat! Lost 70, gained 26 back. Really upset with myself. Started new job, stuck at desk all day, stressed out. Getting back on track for 2019.
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    I lost 36 kg and ate it all back plus some. I was at 127.5 kg and got down to 91 kg. Then, back up to 109 kg. I've learned my lesson and am currently 96.5 kg. I've said this before, but I will never put it back on. I am determined to finish the job in 2019.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Been here -> lost it -> stayed here -> gained it -> still here.
  • tinafaye13
    tinafaye13 Posts: 19 Member
    I lost close to 60 lbs or so in 2012. Kept it off for 2 yrs! Now I've gained most of it back. I used to walk for an hour every day. I feel so much better when I work out but can't find the motivation. Hoping a new year will be a new beginning to get back on track for good!
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    @xlgman Thank you this was very helpful. I actually felt as though I could really relate, except I hope your mom is ok, sorry.
    I too have let my good habits disappear one by one. The biggest hurdle I have, probably mentally, is that I was a long-distance runner for many years, last year I ran 2 half marathons and of course, burned so many calories in my training group. After the last marathon I needed a break, for a year it seems! So my fear is that I do not have an equivalent exercise activity that burns as many calories although I'm very slowly getting back into running. It's not easy when I feel like a potatoe lol. Anyhow, I'm sure I can still lose weight without running! I hope we can all keep in touch, I think it helps that we have similar stories.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    I lost 90 and gained back 40. I hope this is the year I can beat this thing.
  • jtomaszewski81
    jtomaszewski81 Posts: 13 Member
    Me too! I lost 60 in 2017, and slowly gained 30 in 2018. New jobs, kids, lack of exercise/time, stress, etc. etc. etc. it’s a journey....it’s just time to start over.😊
  • leecha2014
    So I went to bed starving and dragged my sorry butt to Bootcamp this am, success. I’m not spending my life obsessing about my weight. That’s a big motivation for me. How’s everyone?
  • slidefan216
    slidefan216 Posts: 21 Member
    I’m in the same boat! Lost 65 and gained half back. I’m determined to keep going! Feel free to add. Looking for support!
  • coolsinger
    coolsinger Posts: 8 Member
    I have been in that position and gained the rest back! You r amazing for facing it head on and taking control now! I have lost most and I'm building muscle (while losing fat) to combat the metabolism slow down that happens with such big weight loss. You can do this and keep it ALL off for GOOD! I log a public diary of food and workout daily. Feel free to add! 😊
  • leecha2014
    Today I stepped on the scale which is the first time since before Christmas, shows up only 1lb so I’m happy about that because I really indulged.
  • ItsAJourny
    ItsAJourny Posts: 69 Member
    Leecha that is great. I bet that one pound will fall off quickly with your new focus on eating healthy foods and exercise. Good Luck to all of us!
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    I lost 150 over the past few years and gained 30 back since August. I am bummed too and trying to not stress more and keep pushing forward to make up lost ground. I understand how frustrating it can be and think the morning boot camp is an awesome way to start the day!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    I've waited a few days to comment, but yes, sadly, I have been on the road to regaining the weight. I lost 60#, the lowest weight I have been in almost 40 years, a wonderful 129#. Fast forward to now, back up 20#, most of it gained over the past 6 or 7 months. I blamed it on stress from several major occurrences in my life. The reality is, I just have no control at times. I have let the stress control me and it's time to change that. I did maintain over the holidays so that is encouraging. Good luck to everyone that is trying to get back on board. I'll just leave this meme I saw today, made me laugh even though it's fairly accurate: qwdqtvuqhinf.jpg
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Add me if you like! I have 90 total to lose. I was doing great--healthy eating, going to the gym, really motivated, and I lost 35---then BLAM--fell off the wagon and gained back 28 of it. I'm trying to get my groove back and need all the help I can get to finally get rid of it in 2019!
  • leecha2014
    Happy Saturday Morning!
    So let's all post our weekly successes, etc. and keep each other accountable, what do you think? So many of us are in the same boat, I've received great advice and what is true for all of us is that 1. We are here 2. We are taking action and 3. We are committed to doing this! I know for me that once I have mental strength and I'm back in the game, I can resist my fav foods and treats, I just make better decisions. The tough part is getting mentally fit again, so far so good over here. I wish you all the best getting your mindset back, you did this before! You CAN do it and you WILL do it.
  • leecha2014
    edited January 2019
    Sat weigh in - down 1lb since Christmas, phew! Actually, I'm down 2lbs from yesterdays weigh in but I only count Saturday's. Sodium? Who knows. I can feel the strength in making better decisions. Just think how good we will all feel by end of Jan after staying focused. I've learned that time really does fly by so hopefully this weight loss period will as well!