100 pounds to lose in 2019

I have struggled with weight my whole adult life. I've lost a lot in the past, then gained it all back plus some. I was doing it for the wrong reasons in the past...now I am doing this for me. I need to get healthier physically and mentally and losing the weight will help with both! If you are looking for friends to help support and motivate, please add me.

Replies

• optfitness
    optfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Good luck! You can do anything you set your mind to :)
  • nicolebaugh518
    nicolebaugh518 Posts: 20 Member
    I don’t mind joining along. I wouldn’t mind losing 120 lbs. in 2019.
  • scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    theresa070 wrote: »
    I have a 100lbs to lose and I don't feel this big honestly but pictures sadly show otherwise. And I am approaching 50 yrs old and in dire need of this weight to go bye bye in the most healthy way possible!

I am with you...i don't feel this big but the mirror and pics show otherwise. Good luck!
  • blchaney878
    blchaney878 Posts: 4 Member
    I’m ready to reset my life, 100# goal. Hardest part is taking the plunge and actually starting and I am doing it tomorrow!!! No more wait until Monday’s for me.

Current Weight: 299.6
    Goal Weight: 200.0

Lots to lose and at 41 I have plenty of time to get there. Going to set small goals and drive to hit those.

I will get there in 2019!! It’s not just for me, but for my family and being able to be involved and around for a long time to support them!
  • scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    I’m ready to reset my life, 100# goal. Hardest part is taking the plunge and actually starting and I am doing it tomorrow!!! No more wait until Monday’s for me.

Current Weight: 299.6
    Goal Weight: 200.0

Lots to lose and at 41 I have plenty of time to get there. Going to set small goals and drive to hit those.

I will get there in 2019!! It’s not just for me, but for my family and being able to be involved and around for a long time to support them!

I, too, have 100# to lose. I started on Monday, down 5# so far and feeling inspired. Taking the plunge is hard, but if you set your mind toward it and hang on to the will-power, you won't regret it! I am just logging everything on MFP and staying within the calorie goals right now, I'll add exercise soon. Feel free to add me.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    We got this!!!
  • Aswennu
    Aswennu Posts: 57 Member
    I've got 95lbs as my ultimate goal. I am going to try to push hard, but also be realistic and kind to myself. I'll be happy if I can achieve 60lbs this year. We've got a lot to do, but we can do it!
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    My goal is 1lb per week--that way if I do it all year, I've lost 52lbs by next year. If I drop more, great, if not, I'm still 52lbs closer to my goal!
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    I'm in. I also want to lose 100 pounds. So far down 6 pounds this week. (Yes I know that is water weight, but it is a start). I am 61 and I am tired of hefting this bulk around.
  • lleberman8224
    lleberman8224 Posts: 4 Member
    100 to lose here too! Prob could use more but that is my ultimate goal! Started at 297 in Dec, currently 286. Trying to focus on a pound a week so I don't get overwhelmed. Back injury so only exercise is walking on treadmill at 2.5 mph 0 incline for 15 mins here and there throughout the week. We've got this!
  • Dawncnx
    Dawncnx Posts: 6 Member
    I did the same thing. Started at 326, got down to 198, and now I'm back up to 305. Can't believe I let myself get back here but here I am. I'm sick of tiring out so easy. I remember how much energy I had when I lost it all and I really want it back. Feel free to add me for support. We can do this.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Dawncnx wrote: »
    I did the same thing. Started at 326, got down to 198, and now I'm back up to 305. Can't believe I let myself get back here but here I am. I'm sick of tiring out so easy. I remember how much energy I had when I lost it all and I really want it back. Feel free to add me for support. We can do this.

It's a trend! My high weight was 327, I started MFP at 300 in November 2012, got down to 199 and maintained at 205-210 for several years. Health issue ensued...back up to 293 in November 2018, ugh! Losing again and down to 275 this morning. Let's do this journey together in 2019. Feel free to add me, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/Mistizoom/profile/Mistizoom!
  • daklock
    daklock Posts: 54 Member
    Just checking in - how is everyone doing with their progress so far. I am learning that it is a process. I am focussing on logging everyday, portion control, and chewing each bite thoroughly. I realize that if I am not mindful of each bite, I tend to chew the food only halfway before swallowing and then I eat more in quantity. I need to chew each bite thoroughly - not only does that help slow the eating down, but it also helps the body get/use more nutrients. In all my life, I had never figured that out before. LOL I am down 15 pounds since Jan. 7, when I started this journey again. Would love the hear from others what you are doing and any insights you have figured out.