30 Day Shred with me?

Hi! I'm looking for someone to complete Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred (or other 30 day something) with me. Wanting to check in daily via wall post or messages for added accountability. I got up to day 19 before injuring myself, but coming back to it because the results were incredible! I just won't become overzealous this time. 😁

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I’m planning on doing 30 day shred starting Jan 1! It seems like a fun way to kick off the new year :)
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    I will join in with you both, if I may?

I started a few years ago and also got injured so will modify the routine to accommodate my twinges but I’d like to start a new exercise routine next year.

I will be following 5:2 (16:8) intermittent fasting as my eating plan - once we are thru with Christmas and the new year. I have 8kgs to lose (17lb)
  • NicoleDavis1977
    NicoleDavis1977 Posts: 12 Member
    I would like to join you all! I’m starting Sunday or Monday and I plan to do 5 days a week.
  • NicoleDavis1977
    NicoleDavis1977 Posts: 12 Member
    I hate it, but the results are excellent and I need some work!
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    I've just finished day 3. Ive necer completed it before only got 2 weeks in and guess what? I got injured and couldn't continue on! Though my injury wasn't 3DS related I just fell off a deck and nearly broke my ankle, but I couldn't walk properly for almost 2 months so I never got around to finishing.
    Im not really following any special diet, probably just a bit of an IF type scenerio once I get back to work next week. Just because it's easier with my work schedule but mostly I'll just be watching what im eating that's most important IMO.
  • I'd like to join in. I did it before and lost my baby weight, it was hard work but so worth it.
  • meganmoschops
    meganmoschops Posts: 39 Member
    Hi, I’d like to join you as well please! Have done 30DS before and the results were great but last time I did it (2017) I badly injured my calf whilst doing those jump / twist things so I’m being very careful this time as it’s taken over a year to get back to normal.
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    I just finished day 1 yesterday on FitFusion.
  • dreinecke94
    dreinecke94 Posts: 33 Member
    I started 30DS last month and got through 16 days before the crazy Christmas schedule took hold of me. I’d like to get back on it and will start with you on Jan 1. 😃
  • shawnashauntia
    shawnashauntia Posts: 8 Member
    Today is day 2 for me of 30 day shred. So far feeling good. Now I just need to get my eating in order. Good luck everyone.
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    I picked the worst time to do the 30DS this week the weather is like 35+ all week Friday is going to be about 40-41! It's sometimes hard to get motivated to do the 30DS most days but when it's 40+ it's crazy insane
  • ReapingMyHarvest
    ReapingMyHarvest Posts: 28 Member
    Me! I actually searched Community for this very topic. I re-started 30DS yesterday in honor of the new year and I definately need accountability partners to get past my last record of day 18 lol please feel free to add me!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Noticed (with concern) the number of responders to this post who have been injured attempting this 30 day shred, some rather seriously. Just throwing that out there.
  • Running2Fit
    Noticed (with concern) the number of responders to this post who have been injured attempting this 30 day shred, some rather seriously. Just throwing that out there.

It’s just a workout video series. I’d say it’s no more risky than doing any other workout video.
  • Running2Fit
    Day 2 is done! I made some modifications (like doing low-impact jumping jacks) because I’m having some pain in my foot but I did up my weights since yesterday I felt like I could have pushed myself a bit harder.
  • meganmoschops
    meganmoschops Posts: 39 Member

Hi, I understand your comment but don’t think it was the 30DS in particular that caused it rather my over enthusiastic leaping and not doing the move properly that did for my leg. I could have done it at any point doing any leaping about thing / dancing / playing games with the kids etc.
  • Summerburas
    Summerburas Posts: 4 Member
    I’m starting this today...AGAIN. I’ve had such good results in the past but I have never finished the whole 30 days. I’m doing it this time! How is everyone doing with it so far? 👏🏼👏🏼
  • Running2Fit
    I’m starting this today...AGAIN. I’ve had such good results in the past but I have never finished the whole 30 days. I’m doing it this time! How is everyone doing with it so far? 👏🏼👏🏼

I did day 4 this morning. So far it hasn’t been too bad. The biggest challenge is choosing a weight for the strength moves. I always think I can do more than I can. I also suck at push-ups so I really hate starting with those: