Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

16566676971

Replies

  • TheFlyOnTheWallTheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 59Member Member Posts: 59Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you were making the V2 then? In that case yea, the butter will be much thinner than in V1. Glad you like it :)

    It's V1 with regular yogurt instead of greek - is that V2? I lost track LOL

    Then you are not using the recipe. You made your own mix.

    No, it's your recipe - you posted V1 in the first post, then on March 6/17 you posted that you made it using regular yogurt instead of greek and it was way creamier, so that's what I did.

    Maybe we should call it V1-B :)
    edited August 2018
  • raymax4raymax4 Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member
    soooo....I attempted to make another cheesecake tonight - the first few I made were awesome using my hand mixer - then I bought a KitchenAid mixer and used it tonight - after turning it on high for the final minute, I ended up with more batter on the walls, the counter, the floor, and me than I did in the bowl :s

    I'm sure @crazyravr said he uses a KitchenAid - did this not happen to you? Did I do something wrong? I'm pretty bummed, I was looking forward to cheesecake tomorrow and now all the batter is in the garbage...and my hair :/

    I just stick it all in my blender. Except the crust that is.
  • travelling_lotstravelling_lots Posts: 378Member Member Posts: 378Member Member
    Couldn't go up past the 4 on the speed selection - I could tell by looking at it that the batter was getting ready to start flying! But it tastes dee-licious and so creamy! I used Source 0% Vanilla yogurt.

    nn8y2bpb0bn7.jpg

    --
    Turned out looking really nice.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,059Member Member Posts: 7,059Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you were making the V2 then? In that case yea, the butter will be much thinner than in V1. Glad you like it :)

    It's V1 with regular yogurt instead of greek - is that V2? I lost track LOL

    Then you are not using the recipe. You made your own mix.

    No, it's your recipe - you posted V1 in the first post, then on March 6/17 you posted that you made it using regular yogurt instead of greek and it was way creamier, so that's what I did.

    Maybe we should call it V1-B :)

    Regular yogurt not Source 0% which is like water haha :) hey what do you care. As long as it came out good and tasty and you did not mess up your kitchen again :) The macros will be off but also now the cake has much much fewer calories. Next time try doing the V2 with the same yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • TheFlyOnTheWallTheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 59Member Member Posts: 59Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Regular yogurt not Source 0% which is like water haha :) hey what do you care. As long as it came out good and tasty and you did not mess up your kitchen again :) The macros will be off but also now the cake has much much fewer calories. Next time try doing the V2 with the same yogurt and cottage cheese.

    You did say regular 0% yogurt - is there a 0% that isn't so thin? I've tried Astro Balkan 0% and found it much thinner than the Source 0%

    I did try V2 - it wasn't bad, but I did find the texture to be similar to mousse, and I prefer the creamy texture of the V1 with 0% yogurt, but not greek - I found the greek didn't make it creamy enough for my taste, and rather "heavy"

    Now I'm wondering about a 0% blueberry yogurt (not greek) - have you ever tried that? Not necessarily blueberry, but a 0% fruit yogurt?

    ETA: maybe not - I just checked the Astro Zero Blueberry and it has twice as many calories as the Source, and more than the 0% Astro Balkan
    edited August 2018
  • tess5036tess5036 Posts: 942Member Member Posts: 942Member Member
    Last week I made a variation on V1, I didn't have Greek yogurt, but did have 0% skyr which has a similar consistency. It came out well :)
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member
    0ef1d5ja8qt8.pngMade a lemon/blueberry one....forgot to add the protein powder! Added some lemon'fluff' just ice/fresh lemon juice/xanthum & guar gum/stevia..and wild organic blueberries on top-.not bad for 110 cal's/piece (6 servings total)

    also used 1/2 greek yogurt and 1/2 pressed cottage cheese- 1 whole egg and 1 egg white and only a 226 g tube of no fat cream cheese
  • butters1butters1 Posts: 1,557Member Member Posts: 1,557Member Member
    Need to try this too! thanks again
  • RaeBeeBabyRaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,350Member Member Posts: 4,350Member Member
    Had to come back to this thread for ideas and recipes. My mom is hosting a dessert for her visiting brother and his wife this weekend. She is serving berry cobbler with ice cream. Both my sister and I are gluten-free due to health issues, but mom always bakes a cake or cobbler and says "oh, it just has a LITTLE flour in it". Grrrrrr. :grimace:

    I'm bringing one of these cheesecakes and sis and I can enjoy dessert without the repercussions of a gluten-bomb.
  • stljamstljam Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    Never bought protein powder. But I guess I can start now. I’ll give it a try. Looks delicious though.
    Thanks

    Another thing I do is go to GNC and look for their heavily discounted powders that are expiring soon.

  • stljamstljam Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    Anyone else with any new flavor combinations? We started using Churros flavored Nitro Tech Whey Gold and adding organic cinnamon powder as well. Sometimes we add some Allmax Gold Chocolate as well, sometimes not. So good. It's now our favorite.

    I really need to try V2 sometime and the angel food cake but I like this one so well I just always make it. I also need to try one with a crust sometime. Not enough free time to try all the variations unfortunately. Thanks again to the OP for sharing.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,059Member Member Posts: 7,059Member Member
    Try the angel food cake. Its easier, quicker and well... you can and should eat the whole thing :)
    edited December 2018
  • alexmosealexmose Posts: 192Member Member Posts: 192Member Member
    Mine is in the fridge. I’m excited!
  • alexmosealexmose Posts: 192Member Member Posts: 192Member Member
    I did this with birthday cake flavor protein powder (ON) and it’s so good! How can I make it creamier?
    edited December 2018
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,059Member Member Posts: 7,059Member Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    I did this with birthday cake flavor protein powder (ON) and it’s so good! How can I make it creamier?

    Was it dry and crumbly? Bake it less and allow to cool in the fridge. My comes out super creamy.
    Also, did you follow the recipe and used the same ingredients? Cause this is when ppl run into trouble.
  • alexmosealexmose Posts: 192Member Member Posts: 192Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    alexmose wrote: »
    I did this with birthday cake flavor protein powder (ON) and it’s so good! How can I make it creamier?

    Was it dry and crumbly? Bake it less and allow to cool in the fridge. My comes out super creamy.
    Also, did you follow the recipe and used the same ingredients? Cause this is when ppl run into trouble.

    Not too dry or crumbly but I like mine really creamy. I adjusted the quantities and it baked in 45 mins (trial size cake haha). Still good and I’m eating it all but will try less bake time.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,059Member Member Posts: 7,059Member Member
    There you go. If you follow the recipe it will be creamy :)
  • oldladysaidyoldladysaidy Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Yum! Any crust ideas?
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,059Member Member Posts: 7,059Member Member
    Not needed at all but V2 has options.
  • stephroutstephrout Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I don't have protein powder! Is there a substitute I could use do u think? Never tried to make a cheesecake before b I t love this recipe 😀😋
Sign In or Register to comment.