NOT a Resolution!

Soooooo, I'm trying to change things up a little this year (NOT A RESOLUTION) and after a recommendation from a friend here I've joined two hiking groups. Both are fairly local and I have my first hike with one on Jan.27, hiking above a golf course..........incline of 1400' with a kind of slippery walk down (I need to buy a hiking stick), followed by breakfast at the clubhouse (yummy). The next one is with a different group and we're hiking a neighborhood trail at the base of the mountains..........6 miles total.

I'm cutting back my gym days to 3 but plan on keeping it intense with more reps and a bit lower weight and walking my Penny Lane at least 3 mornings a week. I'm also de-cluttering the house and warehouse this year which will burn plenty of calories.

Nutrition wise I'm going to focus on fiber and protein.

I don't like making black and white resolutions but I do enjoy having new goals for the year. Last year got away from me between taking care of my sister (she passed on March 18th) and all the traveling I did to CO and SF. I'll still be traveling a lot this year but I think I can manage my exercise routine better with some "conscious" effort to do so.

Maintaining a weight loss is a crap shoot, IMO (we all know the odds of that), and in order for me to stay in the zone I need to adjust my mindset periodically. Hope all of you have a great 2019 and if you're doing something different this year I'd love to hear about it!

BTW, I'm 68 and have been here at MFP since Sept of 2013 and am maintaining a 60 lb weight loss with a 5 to 10 lb roller coaster ride up and down depending on life and the weather (I guess).

I lift weights, walk and in the summer I swim. I generally eat about 1400 cals a day during the week and then don't bother logging on the weekend unless things get out of hand.

Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy 2019!

Replies