Jan you lift that? Yes I Jan

Fittreelol
Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
Happy New Year lifting friends! January post is open. Remember to post your goals under 2019 goals if you'd like an easy place to reference! To new gains!

Replies

• R2che
    R2che Posts: 189 Member
    Good morning.
    First day of 2019 back at the gym!

This morning I did the pwr programme I’m following which was chest and triceps.
    12 push ups and 20 jumping jacks, alternating for 5 minutes
    12 flies at 6kg and 10 burpees alternating for 5 minutes
    Pyramid 15, 12, 10, 10, chest press at 19kg
    Pyramid flies at 8kg 12, 10, 10
    Pyramid tricep extension on the cable machine. Not sure what the weight was on this one though.
    Incline chest press 12reps, mountain climber 40 reps alternating for 5 minutes superset 1
    Incline push up 12 reps and skull crusher 12 reps with a 12kg dB atternating for 5 minutes.

I did 100 Russian twists with a 12kg kettle bell to finish 😁
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Way to go @r2che. I am going to have to take a look at your reports when I am in need of something different and need some inspiration. Would totally have to scale down from what you just reported. But dang good job.

@Fittreelol I am glad to see that you are still with us! Happy new year!

It will be a few days before you see a lifting report from me. Moving (in a hurry) from crazy landlady and at least to a more sane seeming, and at the very least different land lady. So.... I have been moving all of my new weight room toys, and all of my other crap (you would think I would be less of a hoarder as often as I move). In fact, tomorrow, I have to take down/apart my pretty cage in preparation for its relocation. If One is planning on putting my tv and couch in a bedroom, and their weights in the living room.... does that mean They have a problem? (Asking for a friend, of course.)
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Still haven't really decided what to do for a program, so I've just been playing with random calestenics while I figure that out. But, I was up and in my home gym at 4:30 so it's a start.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,729 Member
    @hanlonsk I am glad you are getting away from the nutcase. I hope the new place is better!
    That looks intense @R2che
    @Llamapants86 that's cool that you have a home gym!

Today's workout:
    Seated rows 1 x 15 @ 50 lb, 3 x 8 @ 60 lb, 1 x 5 @ 70 lb a little weaker than two weeks ago. I don't think I should do any more seated rows because I pulled something in my left butt/lower back/SI joint just getting myself positioned. I'm crouched forward with my feet on the rests with the handles ahead of me, and the trouble starts when I pull myself back.
    Close forward grip lat pulldowns 1 x 15 @ 60 lb, 3 x 10 @ 70 lb, 1 x 10 @ 75 lb
    DB bench press 1 x 12 @ 25 lb, 5 x 6 @ 27.5 lb
    Goblet squats 1 x 10 @ 32.5 lb, 1 x 10 @ 35 lb, 1 x 10 @ 37.5 lb, 1 x 6 @ 40 lb
    Face pulls 1 x 15 @ 17.5 lb, 2 x 12 @ 22.5 lb, 1 x 12 @ 27.5 lb
    RDL 1 x 8 @ 60 lb lower left back hurt so I had to stop
    OHP 2 x 10, 1 x 8 @ 12.5 lb db
  • Llamapants86
    Today's random stuff included deadlifts, lunges and squats. It was my first day in a long time lifting in the 5-8 rep range.
    Felt good, but I was soooo hungry by the time I got to work. I now remember why I used to make a protein shake for my drive into the office.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    @hanlonsk Hi!!! I'm still around yes. Still lifting all the weights :smiley:
  • lkpducky
    Today's workout:
    2.75 mile run after 0.2 miles warmup walk, ranging from 11:30 to 10:40 min/mile
    Went home and ate
    Back to gym for lifting
    Close forward grip lat pulldowns, 2 warmup sets at 60 lb and then 2 x 10 @ 70 lb, 2 x 10 @ 75 lb. I need to try 80 lb next time
    DB bench press 5 x 6 @ 27.5 lb. Will try 30 lb next time
    Goblet squats 1 x 10 each at 35, 37.5, 40 lb, then 1 x 8 @ 42.5 lb
    OHP 4 x 5, 1 x 4 @ 30 lb
    Face pulls 1 x 15 @ 20 lb, 1 x 10, 2 x 8 @ 25 lb
    I had pulled something in the mid-left traps from bent-over one-arm rows a couple of days ago so no other back work.
  • hanlonsk
    So, I seem to be mostly moved. And mostly recovered from moving. And my boyfriend was kind enough to make sure I got my rack back together before he left. I will try and show pretty pictures of the new workout room when I get a few more things picked up.

Otherwise, the furlough crazies have gotten to me. And I definitely need to get more serious than my half assed not having a plan lifting I have been doing. So, I am attempting to follow the Thick Thighs Save Lives programing and supplement with my own stuff. CVG's TTSL is kind of crossfit style, but seems so far to be accomplishable in my home gym. And its definitely more intense than I was doing on my own. Holy hell I am out of shape, and omg doms.

But, Sunday:
    WU=
    50 mountain climbers
    50 jumping jacks
    40 air squats
    40 second plank hold
    30 second wall sit
    30 high knees

Workout=
    5 rounds for time
    10 burpees
    15 pushups
    20 air squats

Monday:
    WU=
    3 rounds not for time
    15 jump squats
    15 sit ups
    15 shoulder taps

Strength
    Squats-
    20 @ "warm up weight" (I did 45lbs)
    4x8 (I put these at 75lbs as I hadn't done more that 5 reps in a set in forever

Workout
    15 minute AMRAP
    100 single under jump rope
    40 KB swings @ 25lbs
    30 front rack lunges- yeah me and front rack don't get along, and me and lunges don't get along... who's dumb idea was this??? Also, since I don't have a little curl bar or something I ended up putting my broom in front rack, with a 2.5 lb plate on it, to weigh it down a little.
    I made it thru exactly 2 rounds, and was reaching for my water bottle when the buzzer went off.

Then I was jonesing for some bench press. So, I tried to moderate myself by putting feet up on the bench.
    Regular:
    5 @ 65
    5 @ 75
    Feet up:
    5 @ 75
    5 x 5 @ 85

Today
    4.1 miles run

And anything else I was planning on saying has left my brain. But, I at least am caught up now. (No internet at new house yet, so sitting on floor at old house catching up.)

• lkpducky
    @hanlonsk that is a LOT! wow! glad you are moved.

Ran 3 miles, and 0.3 miles from the end, stepped on a seed pod and turned my ankle. I stopped but then ran the rest of the way home. This was about an hour and a half ago, and now it's swelling. Could be worse though, I think only a small area got strained.
  • lkpducky
    My husband sent me this image:
    nc1dy2cixzog.jpg
  • lkpducky
    My foot felt worse overnight. But there isn't much swelling (a tiny bit over most of the foot, some localized below the ankle) and a little bruising near the ankle. My husband got me a foot brace and it's a huge help. Can't wait to be able to walk better so I can hit the gym and do upper body work. I could probably do hamstring curls too. Will make a doctor appointment and get a PT referral.
  • hanlonsk
    Ankles suck - trying to rehab one of mine is what started my falling off the wagon … grrr. Hope yours gets better soon.

I didn't do much today. Legs kind of were suggesting they needed a rest day.
    OHP
    10 @ 45
    5x5 @ 55

Deadlift - this is where legs were mad, but I have new deadlift socks from Christmas and just had to finally use them! (See Instagram later when I get around to loading)
    5 @ 65
    2x5 @ 115

And that is it. I feel soooo lazy. Because its not like I am doing anything else. Just furlough rotting. But I think I have jumped in a bit hard the last few days. So I will listen to the dumb legs that didn't even want to do the 65 lb deadlifts, and live to fight another day.
  • hanlonsk
    edited January 2019

Click on post to see awesome new socks, and other boredom stuffs.
  • lkpducky
    Wow look at that, your weight room is back in place! that is so cool!

Workout: I used the machines at my condo complex gym because it was a short walk away (I can put weight on part of my foot, so cautiously made my way there).

Seated rows 1 x 15 @ 65 lb, 3 x 10 @ 70 lb, 1 x 10 @ 75 lb
    Face pulls 2 x 10 @ 50 lb (something is wrong with that weight stack, I can only do 25 lb at the gym where I regularly go).
    Leg extensor 2 x 10 @ 55 lb (I could not get that blasted machine to fit me right, the seat back would not go forward enough for me)
    Leg curls 3 x 10 @ 40 lb, 1 x 10 @ 45 lb
    Chest press 2 x 10 @ 55 lb the biomechanics were wrong, I could not adjust the machine so my chest felt it, my arms and shoulders felt it more.
    Overhead press 1 x 10 @ 25 lb, 4 x 5 @ 30 lb something did not feel right in my left shoulder
    Tricep pulls 3 x 10 @ 50 lb (again, there is something wrong with that weight stack)
  • lkpducky
    A very close friend and inspiration to me and to many just passed away this morning. He was a member of the marathon running club I used to belong to. He ran 22 marathons between ages 62 and 72, was a great friend to me and many others, and could talk your ear off (that was a running joke). A real good-hearted person.
    He developed Parkinson's about 5 or so years ago, and he managed to keep active for as long as he could, but at the end it was too much for him. I still can't believe it happened.
    Now I run and keep myself healthy to honor his memory. May it be as a blessing.
    :'(:'(:'(:'(
    Run free Merv, now you can run all the marathons you want.
  • Llamapants86
    @hanlonsk that home gym looks awesome!
    @lkpducky sorry to hear about your friend 🙁

I've been running wendlers with some accessories from an app. Today was squat 5

135 lbs x 5, 145 x 5, 150 x 6

Circuit x 3

Assisted single leg squats x 6
    Pendulum w/ 10 lbs dumbbells x 10
    One leg hip thrusts x 20
    Elevated hip thrusts x 20

The accessories didn't seem to bad, but actually did them. My hamstrings were singing pretty good when I was done.
  • lkpducky
    @Llamapants86 thank you so much. I just caught myself thinking "I need to go visit" and feel sad and strange.
    And you did a heck of a workout! you like Wendlers so far?
  • Llamapants86
    @lkpducky I've run wendlers in the past, and I like it. It keeps my lifts up, while leaving me enough time in my workout time to concentrate on other goals. Base wendler only takes me about 15 minutes to get through, so I have another 30 minutes to do something else. Right now I'm doing circuits to try to get a little more cardio and stamina for when dirt biking season starts.
  • lkpducky
    Sounds like a good plan.

DB bench press: 1 x 8 @ 27.5, 3 x 4 @ 30 lb (it was a while back when I did 5 x 5 at that weight. Felt wobbly getting into position but better after the first rep)
    Bent-over one-arm rows 3 x 8 @ 30 lb each side
    Goblet squats 1 x 10 @ 35 lb, 5 x 5 @ 42.5 lb While I can feel myself pushing HARD on these, my legs don't feel as wobbly as if I'm at a lower weight (37.5 or 40) doing 3 x 10.
    RDL 1 x 5 @ 70 lb
    Upper back rows 3 x 5 @ 50 lb
  • Llamapants86
    Yesterday was DL x3 (155 lbs x 3, 185 lbs x 3, 200 lbs x 4), with some squat variations for accessories
    Today was OHP x 3 (55 lbs x 3, 65 lbs x 3, 70 lbs x 8) with an upper body circuit.