Microwave Recipes

SashaBoucher
SashaBoucher Posts: 11 Member
I'm just wondering what your go-to low calorie microwave meals are for lazy days or the days where you don't have the time to cook?

My favorite is canned chili with shredded cheddar cheese on top heated up with a handful of tortilla chips on the side to dip in it!

Replies

• RandomBotUser
    RandomBotUser Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2019
    If its homemade I like using pita tortilla, top it with a quarter cup shredded cheese sprinkled with red/green/yellow bell peppers and sometimes spinach leafs. Absolutly delicious,under 200 cal and filling. If its prepackaged/already made then I like smart ones or lean cuisine or el Monterey bean and cheese burritos.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Leftovers... there are always leftovers in my fridge.
  • soosoontiong
    soosoontiong Posts: 9 Member
    Mostly veges. I mixed up chopped carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and baby corns in a bowl. Olive oil+ Salt + pepper abit. Add 2 spoonful of water. Then wrap whole bowl with food plastic film and pop into the microwave.
    High temperature for 3mins. Comes out delicious.

I'm looking for other great ideas here. Like how long to cook chicken breast, how to cook it using microwave.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    91fdgv1PjjL._SX355_.jpg

These things are amazing. I just throw in some frozen fish or chicken and some veggies with whatever herbs I want and microwave. The bags aren't that expensive and I don't use them too often, so they're convenient. 5 minute instant rice or frozen steamable rice makes a nice side.

I usually cook stovetop meals, but some days you just can't.