What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Sauerbraten with Red Cabbage, Green beans, applesauce, and spaetzle. All homemade.

I made Sauerbraten for the first time over Christmas myself. With red cabbage and mashed potatoes. Also had carrots and onions cooked up with the roast (which my husband said wasn't authentic but oh well, tasted good to me lol).

Yesterday's dinner was healthy request cream of mushroom chicken in the Crock-Pot with a container of baby bella mushrooms. Small boiled potato and a steamed veggie on the side.

Carrots and onions do go into the brine/marinade that the meat goes in for a week. After that you usually strain it, but I see no reason why you can't include the veggies while you cook... even fresh ones. It is a type of pot roast, after all.

Last night was a one pot beef stroganoff. Worked out well.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    pork ribs w black pepper mac and cheese <3
  • Sarah0003
    Sarah0003 Posts: 41 Member
    Cauliflower and potato soup with nutmeg and croutons made from NYE’s leftover crostini 🍲
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 277 Member
    Pork chops seared in cast iron & finished in the oven with a little bit of brown gravy & mushrooms, Greek Village Salad.
  • bisonpitcher
    bisonpitcher Posts: 519 Member
    Breakfast this morning:

6 egg whites scrambled with Mrs. Dash extra spicy seasoning and cracked black peppercorns with a slice of jalapeno cheese and turkey pepperonis topped with green jalapeno hot salsa. An eggo waffle with a little bit of low Sodium peanut butter on it and sugar free low calorie syrup. Under 400 calories and super filling!
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Dinner last night:
    Chicken Korma, Vegetable Madras and Rice
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    Meal prepped on Monday night for 4 days (no pictures)

Breakfast- ground turkey sausage, scrambled eggs and hash browns
    Lunch- vegan lentil chili (added seasoned and ground turkey to hubby’s prep bowls)
    Dinner- slow cooker teriyaki chicken, coconut milk jasmine rice, stir fry veggies
    Snack- sloppy “gyms” (ground sirloin + ragu) to be eaten with pita pockets

Non-cooked foods included avocado toast w/ hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, honey crisp apples with sliced white cheddar
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Spicy tuna cakes with roasted broccoli and butternut squash. First time roasting a squash and it was delicious!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 277 Member
    Rib Eye steaks with sauteed mushrooms and blue cheese crumbles, brussel sprouts w/ bacon, minced garlic & fresh grated Parmesan. Tonight we feast... low carb style! ;)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Beef caldo with Almond flour cheesy garlic biscuits. (Thursday)

uldajie1434v.jpg
    1vv1cwdnaw3l.jpg
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Just joining in so no photos yet, but we are trying out lots of new recipes! This week we’ve had:

Veggie-Loaded Fried Rice
    Ham and Bean Soup w/ Cornbread
    Hong Kong Style Baked Pork Chop Rice
    Spaghetti Squash w/ Sweet Potato Cream Sauce
    Parmesan-Mushroom Quinoa

Much to my (pleasant) surprise, my 6yr old hasn’t turned up his nose to a single dish!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Turkey chili!
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,075 Member
    "Soup season" continues with a curried lentil-carrot soup. It's a wet, cool January day, and I'm not motivated to ride my bike in the rain, nor walk, so what's left for a guy to do? January household organizational chores and cook, obviously, LOL. This is a thick, hearty, filling, healthy soup.

Pics:
    (1) prepped and going towards 60-min simmer
    (2) done and blended with immersion blender
    (3) served (this is my Food Magazine cover shot, LOL). That's a dab of greek yogurt as a garnish.

v4ua46b4yjmc.jpg

04tnmu1qh9zh.jpg

2vgp31wk8der.jpg
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Baked Chicken Thighs & Riced Cauliflower✨💫
  • LighterBites
    LighterBites Posts: 42 Member
    Mexican Squash Casserole for dinner tonight.
    Frozen Blueberry and Greek Yogurt Bites for desserts for the week.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    edited January 2019
    Elle's low cal stirfry. All this on the plate is 365 calories (measures). Can of artichoke hearts, 1/4 cup snap peas, just under 4 oz ham, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chili pepper, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1/4 of a roasted red pepper, lemon juice, pepper to taste & sarachi on top.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited January 2019
    We felt like eating plantains, so we were inspired to make a south of the border meets Italian lasagna. We used annatto seeds oil to colour and flavor the minced beef, fried the slithers of plantain to mimick lasagna, used crema in place of ricotta and Oaxaca cheese instead of mixed Italian cheeses. Naturally, we add sofrito with sweet Mexican chili to add that layer of flavor above the nuttiness annatto lends. There is also pimento + blue cheese stuffed olives within the layers. Sooooo good!

xlxbfn65dxs0.jpg
    34m1loucmev8.jpg
    01o0znbtf915.jpg
    qc07rf20k99h.jpg
    u21g9ya56b31.jpg

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Crockpot Mexican Beef. Made with a can of tomatoes, round steak, potatoes, onions, beef broth, and spices. Not my favorite meal, though.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Thai noodle dish with stir-fry veggies, chicken, and a spicy peanut sauce. c: