Meal Planning

Is there an app that's a basic meal planner? I don't want to record calories or make me write down the recipe, I just want a basic Monday to Friday but I can write in what I'm going to eat as I use MyFitnessPal for the more detailed things. I have a meal planner that I write in every week but I want one that's on my phone that I can edit when I want instead of having to write it all down and then take a picture on my phone to have with me at all times. Something like what I have pictured. Any help appreciated.

Replies

• phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    @xWackix - I am not aware of the style in your photo in an app form. But the free Cozi calendar app has a recipe section. When I plan my meals (add them to specific dates)
    they just show up on the calendar with my other appointments- but if you just used for meals I suppose would only show those. Attached a screen shot. Best of luck! I love meal plans!

gw3uttd5zjgy.jpeg
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 247 Member
    I have not found that app.

Hubs is a fuel eater.

M-F same fast
    Same lunch
    Same snacks

For like 15 years

My dinner, but we have catered to him. So if he gets a little soft on the middle, he can drop an almond and fix it.
  • Numer1ca
    I am not willing to live that way. So I am trying to have 2 breakfast choices. Reliable snacks. A soup that last 4 days. And a different, inspiring dinner every night.

My breakfasts are yummy. . . 1/3 cup Greek yogurt with a banana and orange or melon and grapes.

And I like the soups. Eating nuts can be a chore, but there are only 7 of them!
  • Numer1ca
    Being fickle, I plan and shop for 3 days at a time. A lot of people plan and shop for a week.
    My friend is starting to menu plan for a month.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    xWackix wrote: »
    Is there an app that's a basic meal planner? I don't want to record calories or make me write down the recipe, I just want a basic Monday to Friday but I can write in what I'm going to eat as I use MyFitnessPal for the more detailed things. I have a meal planner that I write in every week but I want one that's on my phone that I can edit when I want instead of having to write it all down and then take a picture on my phone to have with me at all times. Something like what I have pictured. Any help appreciated.

Just use the calendar in your phone?

I am old school, i have a pen & pad and we pin it on the fridge. We do a weeks menu at a time.

I pre log my food the night before using this menu and then tweak weights as I'm cooking.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    xWackix wrote: »

Just use the calendar in your phone?

I am old school, i have a pen & pad and we pin it on the fridge. We do a weeks menu at a time.

I pre log my food the night before using this menu and then tweak weights as I'm cooking.

Ya, I sometimes write meal ideas on the white board on the frig where I also note foods I need to buy.

But mostly, when I look at the weekly supermarket flyers I make a mental note of what I plan to make.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I use Google Sheets and have the app on my phone. I can noodle around with it on my laptop over morning coffee or whatever and then it's always there on my phone in case I need to remember to shop for an ingredient or something.
  • xWackix
    xWackix Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for all your help everyone.
    Google Sheets seems like a good idea - pretty much just make my own planner. 😊