Mini Challenge: 10lbs down by Valentines Day? <3

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    vla246 wrote: »
    Do any of you guys take measurements as well?
    I finally measured this morning... There is work to be done 😅

Yup. I always take new measurements on the first of the month. It’s another helpful way to see progress.
  • Running2Fit
    edited January 2019
    @vla246 - I see a difference every month!

I measure my bust, waist, hips, arms, and legs. My arms change the slowest (which is so frustrating because they are what I hate the most!) but I’ll always see at least an inch or two of difference in my hips and waist from one month to the next.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    I'm in! I am 153 this morning, I was 180 two years ago and lost 45 pounds. I have gained 18 back in the last year, but I'm determined not to gain more and get back to 135. First goal, 145 by 2/14!
  • hotel4dogs
    hotel4dogs Posts: 72 Member
    I'm in with different goals.
    Original weight 220
    Lowest weight 145
    Current weight 150
    Goal 145 by Valentine's Day
    (I've maintained between 145-155 for 2-1/2 years)

• Cheftheresa
    Cheftheresa Posts: 4 Member
    How do I join this challenge?
  • Chantastically
    Chantastically Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2019
    Perfect timing! I have a trip planned the week of Valentine’s Day and expect I’ll be in a bathing suit 98%of the time so I’d like to get everything tight & right.
    I’m currently 124 and have 8 pounds of vanity weight to lose but I’m mostly interested in my body fat percentage. It’s at 24% (the high end of normal) so even if my weight doesn’t change at the end of this challenge but I get my fat % down and my muscle % up, I’ll be a happy camper!
    There are just a few squishy jiggly bits I’d like to firm up. I’m trying to transform into a lean, tanned, yoga goddess. Stay strong everyone!
  • MarisaMSimon
    MarisaMSimon Posts: 277 Member

mmm4861 wrote: »
    I would love to do this! I weighed in on Friday at 208.4. I ultimately want to get down to 140 but for this challenge I would like to get to 199 by Valentine’s Day to be in the 100 club! 😊

I had my weekly weigh in today and I’m down to 207.2!! Keep pushing everyone! The real test is this upcoming week!

So I did pretty bad 😂

I went on vacation for a week with family and unfortunately I had such a hard time staying on goal with trying to accurately calculate calories (we went out to eat a lot) and I had no scale so I didn’t weigh myself until I got back.

December 31st I weighed in at 213!! 🙁

However, this Friday (my usual weigh in day) I weighed in at 207.8 so I feel like I’m back on track! Drinking lots of fluids and going back to my workout regiment definitely helped this week. 8.8 pounds to go!
  • Running2Fit
    How do I join this challenge?

You can jump in any time :) You just start checking in (most seem to do weekly but you can check in however often you like).
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Back from vacay and checking in!!

Challenge starting weight: 173
    Goal for Vday: 163
    Today’s weight: 168.6

Looks like my initial weigh in was a bit high because of TOM and other reasons (which I suspected) so I’ll lower my goal weight from 165 to 163! So a little over 5 pounds in a little over 5 weeks. I’m pretty confident I can manage that. :-)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member

So I did pretty bad 😂

I went on vacation for a week with family and unfortunately I had such a hard time staying on goal with trying to accurately calculate calories (we went out to eat a lot) and I had no scale so I didn’t weigh myself until I got back.

December 31st I weighed in at 213!! 🙁

However, this Friday (my usual weigh in day) I weighed in at 207.8 so I feel like I’m back on track! Drinking lots of fluids and going back to my workout regiment definitely helped this week. 8.8 pounds to go!

So long as you promptly get back to normal routine (whatever that is for you) now that you are back in your normal environment, your body will process the a-typical vacation input quickly.

You know this, because it has already begun ... you "feel [you] are on back on track!"

Life happens, vacations will continue to happen .... embrace and allow for variations and make modifications to strategies and expectations as you go!
  • ergmegherd
    ergmegherd Posts: 2 Member
    This is great! I need a little motivation to get me back on track. I went the the gym the other day and weighed myself at 136--that is up 10 lbs since Thanksgiving! So, even if it was a weird fluke I am saying I am currently 136-hope to loose that 10!!
  • sandymamaw1
    sandymamaw1 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in. 213 lbs weight. Goal 150 lbs.
  • CharliesGram
    CharliesGram Posts: 11 Member
    I’m in! I’ll go for 8lbs. I’m just getting back in the game. CW 153, GW 135,