Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

Replies

• Slider678
    Slider678 Posts: 113 Member
    Welcom Janita!
  • Slider678
    Awesome! Let’s do this! Once I hit 250 I will start jogging!
  • Slider678
    Let’s do it!
  • Slider678
    Anyone here use smoothies for a meal replacement? If so what smoothies?
  • woooody99
    woooody99 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm so in!! Anyone in SC?
  • Slider678
    Can I slip in, at 47? I'm still going to be managing my weight, health, and exercise in my 50s (and 60s, and 70s...)

Heck yeah! You are in!
  • Slider678
    Lets jump start this group....2 questions for this Monday morning.....

1- Where are you from? Be as specific or vague as you'd like.
    2- What is one challenge that worries you this week?

I'll start...

1-Atlanta
    2- Getting my exercise in. Been walking 4 straight days and I am sore, knees hurt and my back is tight. If I can just get to 250 I will feel so much better!

Sound off!
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    1 - I'm from NJ.
    2 - I just looked at the calendar, and I don't anticipate any worries this week. I think I have things pretty much set.
  • allison8668
    allison8668 Posts: 885 Member
    Slider678 wrote: »
    Awesome! Let’s do this! Once I hit 250 I will start jogging!

How exciting ! I love running - but in the warmer weather.
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member

Originally New England, now in California for quite some time, and probably forever, because I can't stand moving :)

Exercise in bad weather. I get spoiled by the California year-round outdoors climate, and this whole week is going to be drenched in cold rain with high winds. I got soaked yesterday (but I hit my step target!) I'm not sure quite how I'm going to manage exercise this week.
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    I'm in London
    My big challenge is finding an exercise that I can do - I've had a series of bad breaks to wrists and ankles so running and cycling is out at the moment, and I don't get home from work in time for swimming - any thoughts?
  • Slider678
    dgraf123 wrote: »
    Hey all, would love to join this group! I’m in North FL and just started a few days ago. Love the app and community, and looking to add friends to share support. I’m turning 52 tomorrow 🎉 and need to lose 50 lbs!! My biggest challenge for this week will be being able to continue making healthy food choices when I have major cravings for the bad stuff!

Good Luck! You can do this!
  • Slider678

Originally New England, now in California for quite some time, and probably forever, because I can't stand moving :)

Exercise in bad weather. I get spoiled by the California year-round outdoors climate, and this whole week is going to be drenched in cold rain with high winds. I got soaked yesterday (but I hit my step target!) I'm not sure quite how I'm going to manage exercise this week.

Keep grinding! Lets attack this week!
  • Slider678
    I'm in London
    My big challenge is finding an exercise that I can do - I've had a series of bad breaks to wrists and ankles so running and cycling is out at the moment, and I don't get home from work in time for swimming - any thoughts?

what about just walking? or a stationary bike?